Chapter Two: Just Business As Usual

The Cyanide Song of the Siren ~ [Pokémon Legends | Fantasy AU]
"That'll be fifty apricorns."

Adaman nodded, passing the fruits to Ginter in exchange for the mana he purchased. Ginter was uninterested as usual, though he perked up a bit at the sight of currency.

"Huh, price has gone down a bit," Adaman mused to himself as he went to the next stall.

"How can I help ya today, sir?" the worker asked with a friendly smile. The witch pointed at a few items he needed, paying for them once the lady had gathered them all.
And with that, he should be done in the market.

Adaman tucked the basket of materials under his arm as he walked, humming a tune to himself. It was a beautiful day, he noted; the sun was shining, not a cloud to be seen, and yet it wasn't horribly warm. It was warm enough for the witch with the multicolored hair, however, and he got cold quite easily.

He was only a half a mile away from the shops when he ran into Irida.

"Oh, Adaman! Haven't seen you around in... a week, I believe. Where you at the market? I was just heading that way."

"Yeah, had to pick up some mana and other stuff. The kids want to learn a spell today."

"I see. Don't overwork yourself with those two," Irida advised. "And you know you can always ask me to provide mana for you, right?"

It was true. Irida was the illegitimate child of a female faerie and a male human, and had gotten many of her traits from her mother. Although it wasn't quite as powerful as what pure fae create, she could still produce useable mana.

"I'll keep that in mind next time," Adaman replied. "I just heard you were busy today, and I figured I shouldn't bother you."

"Well, it's true I'm quite busy today," the blonde admitted. "I appreciate your concern. Just ask me next time, 'kay? I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, she left.

Adaman sighed. That girl really overworked herself sometimes.