Uncertainty

Uncertainty

 

In the kitchen, Jooyeon is washing the dishes. It was her turn to wash in the dorm, but she sighs as she does the chore.

"I hate washing the dishes..." Jooyeon grumbles, scrubbing a plate.

"JOOYEON UNNIE!" Nana suddenly says, popping out of nowhere as she hugs Jooyeon from behind, propping her chin on her unnie's shoulder. Jooyeon screams, almost dropping the plate.

"YAH! IM NANA! Don't scare me like that!" Jooyeon scolds her dongsaeng.

"Hehe, sorry~" Nana playfully apologizes, still hugging Jooyeon. "I was wondering why you were washing the dishes. I thought it was my turn today."

"Nope. It's definitely my turn. Kahi unnie said so and dragged me down here..." Jooyeon sighs, grabbing another dish to wash.

"Want me to help wash the dishes?" Nana whispers, her hot breath tickling Jooyeon's ear.

Blushing, Jooyeon flicks water at Nana's face, causing the younger girl to let go with a surprised yelp. "Go away."

"But I can help you," Nana pouts.

"Honestly, I appreciate but I got it. I'm almost done so go do something somewhere else," Jooyeon insists. "Plus Kahi unnie will be mad if she sees you helping me."

"Alright, I'll leave you to your duty. I'll see you later!" Nana says before leaving the kitchen.

Jooyeon sighs again, keeping her gaze on the dishes beneath her. She was well aware of the fact her roommate, Jungah, was sitting at the kitchen table a few feet away from her and witnessed the scene between her and Nana. Jooyeon was also aware of the cheeky grin Jungah wore on her face, even without looking at her.

"Jooyeon~" Jungah sings playfully. Jooyeon grunts in response, trying to ignore Jungah. "I know you can here me. And I know you enjoyed that back hug Nana gave you."

"Shush Unnie," Jooyeon says, glaring at the older girl. 

"So you did," Jungah smiles, her face smug.

"Fine... maybe I did..." Jooyeon mutters. She puts the last of the dishes on the dish rack to dry. "Finally I'm done."

"You know, Jooyeon, you shouldn't be playing hard to get."

Taking a chair next to Jungah, Jooyeon raises her brow at her. "What are you talking about?"

"I think Nana likes you," Jungah says, her tone implying as if it was the obvious.

"You're delusional," Jooyeon scoffs, blushing at the thought.

"You're either in denial or just oblivious to how she is around you."

"If you're referring to the back hug she's like that to everyone. Even you."

Jungah waggles her index finger in front of Jooyeon's face. "The way she acts around you is totally different from everyone else. I'm the omma of this group, I know how my children behave. Even Kahi unnie agrees with me on how Nana is when she's with you." Jungah notices that Jooyeon's cheeks are getting pink. She pokes Jooyeon's cheek with her finger and grins. "You're blushing~"

Jooyeon smacks Jungah's hand away, flustered. "Whatever..."

The older girl let's out an exasperated sigh. "You can pretend you don't care all you want. It's not going to help you get closer to Jinah." Jungah stands up from her seat and leaves Jooyeon alone at the kitchen table.

Jooyeon props her elbow on the table and rests her chin on her palm, thinking about what Jungah said. It's true that she has feelings for the blonde girl, but she always told herself that hiding her feelings was the best because her feelings will never be returned. Jooyeon slouches down into her chair and sighs.

"Thinking about this makes my brain hurt."

--------------------

Since her talk with Jungah, Jooyeon hasn't been able to get Nana out of her mind. Every time she sees the young blonde, she feels her face heat up. Every action Nana does from putting her hair into a ponytail, to swaying her hips when they have dance rehearsal, to simply standing in place makes Jooyeon feeling nervous whenever Nana is nearby. It makes Jooyeon's heart beat like crazy and it was much worse whenever she was within Nana's proximity.

Jooyeon is lying on her bed alone in the room, listening to music on her iPod. Her eyes are closed as she downs herself in sound waves, easing her mind and clearing thoughts about Nana. Jooyeon suddenly hears someone knocking on the door over her music, attempting to invade her peaceful bubble.

Jooyeon pulls off one earbud. With a slightly annoyed sigh, Jooyeon says, "Who is it?"

"It's Nana! May I come in?"

Jooyeon's heart sudden starts thudding hard in her chest. She pauses her music. "Uhhh yeah sure. It's open."

The door opens as Nana lets herself inside the room. Jooyeon's mouth suddenly goes dry at the sight of the former maknae. Her beautiful blonde hair was elegantly cascading down her shoulders. Nana was only wearing a white tank top and denim shorts, showing off a lot of skin, and her eyes had a little bit of eyeliner on. A lump forms in Jooyeon's throat as she looks at Nana's smiling face.

In short, Jooyeon finds Nana stunningly beautiful right now.

"Hi Jooyeon unnie!" Nana greets with a smile.

"Hey, what's up?" Jooyeon asks casually, although her heart was beating like mad.

"I was wondering if you want to come with me to the supermarket to buy some snacks. If you're not busy of course," she adds.

"The other members don't want to come with you?" Jooyeon asks curiously.

Nana makes a thoughtful face. She walks over to the bed and sits on the edge next to Jooyeon. She turns and looks at Jooyeon. "I didn't ask them. I was hoping you would come with me."

Jooyeon blinks a few times. "Just me? Just us?"

Nana nods. "Is that okay?"

"Y-Yeah of course. I was just wondering that's all," Jooyeon stutters a bit.

Nana flings her arms around Jooyeon, enveloping her in a hug. "I'm glad," Nana says, causing butterflies in the other girl's stomach. Jooyeon awkwardly returns the hug, trying to calm her frantic heart from beating so hard that Nana might feel it. Separating from the hug, Nana smiles happily. "Are you ready to go?

"Yeah I'm ready. Are you going to go out in just a tank top and shorts?" Jooyeon asks.

"Don't see why I can't. By the way, do you like my shorts? They're brand new," Nana smiles innocently, turning around and showing off the shorts.

Jooyeon silently curses as she has no choice but to stare at Nana's . She lets out a cough. "I think they're cute."

Nana grins, clearly happy by the compliment. "Thank you. I'm happy you think so."

"Anyway, let's get going already," Jooyeon says, changing the subject.

Nana links her arms with Jooyeon. "I'm happy you're coming with me," she smiles.

"Me too," Jooyeon mumbles, blushing.

Jooyeon and Nana quickly leave the dorm on their own. They make their way to the nearby convenience store that had the snacks Nana wanted. They looked around the store for about thirty minutes before Nana finished finding what she wanted. Jooyeon was only there to accompany Nana but she ends up buying a couple of bags of chips herself. After paying, the girls exit the store.

"Mmm I can't wait to start eating these at the dorm," Nana says happily, hold her bag of snacks in one hand.

"Same. I haven't had these snacks in a long time," Jooyeon smiles. "I'm glad I came!"

"I'm really glad you came too," Nana says sincerely, looking intently at Jooyeon.

For Jooyeon, an awkward silence hangs in the air after that. Jooyeon steals a few glances at Nana as they slowly walk back to the dorm side by side. Neither of them said anything and Jooyeon doesn't know what to say. Looking at Nana, the blonde girl seemed to be lost in thought, smiling slightly. Jooyeon feels as if she should do something... anything to cease the awkward atmosphere.

To Nana's surprise, Jooyeon gently takes Nana's hand into her own and entwines their fingers. Nana looks at Jooyeon who gives her a sheepish smile. They briefly stop walking to stare into each others eyes. No words were exchanged but many emotions were conveyed through the way they were looking at each other. Jooyeon softly smiles at Nana and pulls her along, resuming their walk. Nana gently squeezes Jooyeons hand and follows the older girl, a wide smile on her face.

Jooyeon mentally notes in her mind that Nana looks cute when she blushes.

-------------------

A couple of days later, Jooyeon is in good spirits. Ever since their trip to the supermarket, her relationship with Nana is different. Jooyeon isn't sure if Nana really does have feelings for her, but she notices that Nana has been smiling at her a lot and sometimes when she would walk past the younger girl, Nana brushes her hand against hers deliberately. It makes Jooyeon's heart flutter.

Jooyeon hums a song to herself as she heads back to her room to grab a bag of chips. When she opens the door, she discovers Lizzy trying to take one of her snacks. "Yah... Park Lizzy," Jooyeon glares at the younger girl. tapping her foot.

"Oops... Ahaha hello Unnie!" Lizzy laughs nervously.

"What are you doing with my bag of chips?" Jooyeon demands, still glaring.

"I was doing nothing?" the maknae says innocently. She cowers as Jooyeon approaches her.

"You deserve a 'massage' from me," Jooyeon chuckles manically. She pushes Lizzy face down onto her bed, getting on top of the younger girl and begins tickling her back, learning screeching laughs from Lizzy.

"HAHAHAAHAHA! AHAHAHAHA NOOO STOP!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Lizzy begs while flailing her arms and legs to break free.

"This is what you get for trying to steal from me!!" Jooyeon cackles, continuing her tickle torture.

The door suddenly opens. Jooyeon and Lizzy freeze.

"Jooyeon unnie-"

Nana stops mid-sentence after seeing Jooyeon and Lizzy. She didn't know what happened but all she sees is Jooyeon on top of Lizzy in a suggestive manner and her hands were all over the maknae's body. She looks away. "Nevermind," she says, her tone hard.

Jooyeon could tell Nana was upset and... looked hurt. She carefully get's off of Lizzy. "Wait Nana!"

Nana ignores her and slams the door shut.

Lizzy sits up and looks at Jooyeon, noticing the older girl's sad expression. "Did we do something wrong?" she asks, worried.

"I don't think we did... but I think Nana does. Or at least she thinks I did something wrong..." Jooyeon frowns.

-------------------

During dinner, to Jooyeon's dismay, Nana sits as far as she could from Jooyeon. Everyone could tell there was this uncomfortable tension between Jooyeon and Nana but no one says anything about or points it out. Jooyeon awkward eats her food as she hopes to make eye contact with the blonde girl but Nana only looks down on her plate. A piece of rice hits Jooyeon's face and looks up at her roommate who threw the rice.

What did you do? Jungah mouths to Jooyeon, pointing to Nana.

Jooyeon shrugs her shoulders. 

"Thank you for the food. I'm done," Nana says and excuses herself from the table. When Nana was out of earshot, Kahi turns to Jooyeon.

"Jooyeon, go after Nana," Kahi commands.

"Eh? Right now?" Jooyeon complains.

"Yes right now. It's obvious she's mad at you," the leader counters.

"She's probably too mad to talk to me though..." Jooyeon sighs.

"She might be mad at you, but in the end only you can make her feel better Jooyeon," Jungah points out gently.

Jooyeon sighs again. She knows Jungah and Kahi are right. After excusing herself from the table, Jooyeon makes her way to Nana's room. As predicted by Jooyeon, Nana's door is closed. Jooyeon takes a deep breath before gently knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" Nana calls from inside.

"It's me... Jooyeon. Can we talk?"

Nana opens the door and stares at Jooyeon expressionless. The blonde motions Jooyeon inside with a nod and closes the door. Nana crosses her arms. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Why are you mad at me?" Jooyeon asks bluntly.

"Why do you care?" Nana scoffs.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm your friend, Nana. If I made you mad or upset, I'm sorry and I'll try to make amends for it if you tell me why you're so upset with me right now."

Nana looks deeply into Jooyeon's eyes. "Am I just a friend to you, Unnie?"

"What do you mean?" Jooyeon starts to feel nervous under Nana's intense gaze.

"You've been giving me these mixed feelings lately. Sometimes you seem annoyed by me, other times you love having me around. Sometimes you push me away, other times you seem to want me near you. I always try to get your attention but you never seem to care. You kept confusing me...." Nana pauses, a small smile forming. "But when you held my hand a couple of days ago when we were walking home... I thought I felt something from you. Your hand and your smile were so warm and inviting. I felt as if I have a chance with you."

Nana looks away, turning her back against Jooyeon. "But then you end up confusing me again. We haven't really talked since that day. I see you looking at me but you don't say anything. When I wanted to talk to you alone, I ended up find you on top of Li-"

"It's not what you thought!" Jooyeon interrupts.

The younger girl lets out a soft sigh. "I know you were just tickling her. I heard Lizzy's laugh. But that fact alone couldn't stop me from being jealous."

"J-Jealous?" Jooyeon stutters.

"I was jealous that you were having fun with Lizzy while you were ignoring me. I felt hurt and left like I did. Thinking about it now, I was being too rash earlier, but I'm getting tired of the way you're playing with my emotions," Nana confesses wearily.

"W-Wait!" Nana looks at a confused looking Jooyeon. "All these things you're telling me.... What are you trying to say? Why were you jealous?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Nana says softly. Looking more deeply into Jooyeon's eyes, Nana realizes how confused her unnie is. "You really don't know... Lee Jooyeon, just think about it. Why am I saying the things I have?" Nana slowly advances towards Jooyeon, determination in her eyes. "Why do I always want your attention? Why was I jealous?" Jooyeon takes a few steps back as Nana comes closer. She gulps when she hits the wall and Nana is still coming closer. 

"Nana?" Jooyeon rasps.

Nana places both of her hands next to Jooyeon's head, trapping the older girl. Jooyeon's heart was frantically beating as Nana slowly leans in, her face gradually coming closer to hers. Jooyeon holds in her breath as she realizes how close Nana was to her. "Jooyeon, do you want to know why?" Nana whispers, her breath tickling Jooyeon's lips and her eyes locked on Jooyeon's, still leaning closer.

Jooyeon's eyes widen and she begins to breathe harder when she could feel Nana's lips barely touching her own. is dry but she manages to speak. "Why...?"

"I love you, Lee Jooyeon," Nana whispers softly before closing the gap between their lips, capturing her unnie in a tender kiss. 

Shocked, Jooyeon's mind could only process that Nana was kissing her, sending a tingling sensation throughout her body. She feels her face become hotter when Nana continues gently kissing her and wraps her arms around the older girl's slim waist, bringing their bodies closer. Jooyeon wraps her arms around Nana's neck and reciprocates into the kiss, closing her eyes. Nana briefly gasps for air as Jooyeon's kiss surprises her. 

"Jooyeon unnie, does it mean that you...?"

"I'm sorry, Nana," Jooyeon says softly, touching her forehead with Nana's. "I really do love you too. It's just I've always told myself that you would never return my feelings so I've always hid them. I did notice how you act towards me sometimes, but I was too scared of the possibility of rejection and embarrassment that I never responded to your actions. I really am sorry.."

"I understand and I forgive you," Nana smiles, leaning in for another kiss.

Nana and Jooyeon's kisses start out gentle and soft, but as they continue to make out the kisses begin to get more passionate. Lack of oxygen didn't matter to them as long as they were touching. Nana pulls Jooyeon over to her bed, both falling on it with Jooyeon on top of Nana. Jooyeon gives Nana a trail of light kisses down from her lips to her neck. Feeling Jooyeon's lips over the sensitive skin of her neck, Nana shudders in delight.

"J-Jooyeon," Nana lightly moans.

The door slams open.

Jooyeon and Nana freeze.

"YAH. OKAY, YOU TWO ARE NOT GOING ANY FURTHER!" Kahi interrupts loudly. Jungah, who was behind her, slaps her forehead.

"Kahi unnie, why did you barge in like that?" Jungah asks, shaking her head.

"You really expected me just to sit there after hearing Nana moan like that?" Kahi reasons. 

Jooyeon gets off of Nana. "Were you two eavesdropping on us?!" Jooyeon demands with a flushed face. Nana blushes as well.

"To be perfectly honest, Kahi unnie and I were worried because you were taking so long so we decided to check up on you, Jooyeon. When we came to the door, we... umm...err...." Jungah trails off, blushing at the memory.

"We heard you two making out," Kahi says bluntly. 

"Were we... was I that loud?" Nana asks nervously.

Kahi and Jungah look at each other, then back at Nana. "Yes," they both say simulatenously, making the blonde turn more red.

"I swear, if I didn't burst into this room, you and Nana were probably going to have-"

"YAH! Stop right there! We weren't going to do anything like that!" Jooyeon interrupts Kahi, blushing at the thought.

"Oh really? I think Nana thinks otherwise," Kahi smirks.

Jooyeon looks at Nana, whose face was almost as red as a tomato. Jooyeon's jaw drops, her face heats up. "I-Im Jinah!"

Nana looks at Jooyeon, embarrassed. "I'm sorry! Can you blame me?"

"I guess not," Jooyeon hesitantly admits.

"Okay you two, you must promise me you won't do that," Kahi demands. "Or else I will not allow you two to be in a room together alone." When the two girls nod, Kahi smiles. "Good. Let's go Jungah."

Before leaving, Jungah turns to Jooyeon and Nana. "We're happy for the both of you. We really are." Kahi nods in agreement.

After the unnies left, Jooyeon shyly turns to Nana. "So... does that mean we're together now?" 

Nana holds Jooyeon's hand and then kisses her, earning a cute blush from Jooyeon. "Yes it does," Nana giggles.

"You're unbelievable,"Jooyeon chuckles as she leans her forehead against Nana's with a smile.

----------------

A/N: I apologize if some parts are a bit sloppy. When I wrote this I remember being very sleepy xD

Hope you all liked it though! Thanks for reading! :D