Chapter 9

Mutual First Love // Park Seonghwa

Time passed by slowly for Yeonwoo, he was avoiding his parents because he knew he had to talk to them about the elephant in the room but he couldn’t find the words to actually tell them what happened in his own words.

Eventually Seonghwa told Yeonwoo he would go with him and they could talk to his parents together and thus it led to this eventful day - Yeonwoo asked his parents if he could talk to them and he invited Seonghwa over.

The two sat his parents down and they were really relaxed when the two started talking about their relationship. By the end of it Yeonwoo’s mother was crying - she was happy her son was finally going to be happy with who he is - there was a lot of hugging that followed the conversation.

Time ticked by and Seonghwa was still at the Jin household - Yeonwoo’s father invited Seonghwa to stay for dinner - mainly so he could get to know Seonghwa a little more as the person he was outside of school and they ended up having a movie marathon and then having dinner together, at dinner there was one question on Yeonwoo’s mothers mind - ‘What about Seonghwa’s father?”

“Seonghwa, if you don’t mind me asking - has your father said anything about this yet? I know he follows the school websites quite furrowly to check up on you” Yeonwoo’s mother asked a little concerned - sure Seonghwa wasn’t her son but she still worried about him.

“Actually… I want to talk to him about it - he hasn’t mentioned anything yet but I feel it would only be right if he heard it from me if he hasn’t seen the forum yet” Seonghwa explained.

“I’ll go with you hyung, you came to talk to my parents with me so let me go support you as well” Yeonwoo said with a big smile, Seonghwa couldn’t imagine saying no to the boy so he agreed.

And so Seonghwa called his father after dinner and arranged a meeting with his father for the very next day - in the privacy of their home.

Seonghwa ended up staying over for the night, and the next morning Yeonwoo and Seonghwa went over to Seonghwa’s home together, Yeonwoo was a little nervous but he knew that to Seonghwa, Mrs. Km’s opinion meant more and she was one of their biggest supporters.

When they got to the house the two headed in, they were a little surprised when they saw Seonghwa’s father made them breakfast. It was the first time Yeonwoo really met Seonghwa’s father but he seemed quite nice.
 

“Father this is Yeonwoo… he is my boyfriend” Seonghwa said before they even started eating, his father smiled a little.

“Are you happy Hwa?” he asked, surprising the boys a little - it was asked with a sweet smile so they knew it wasn’t said with malice.

“Yes father… he makes me happy” Seonghwa said with a growing smile.

“That's all that matters” he said to the boy in a warm tone - Seonghwa was a little surprised he was sure his father would get angry or something like that but instead the man was calm about it and just asked whether or not he was happy.

They had breakfast together and Seonghwa’s father became quite fond of Yeonwoo, so much so as to warn Seonghwa to not hurt his future Son-in-law.

When their meal was done Yeonwoo started exploring the house a little, he spotted photos of Seonghwa when he was a child and he couldn’t help himself, Seonghwa stayed behind and helped his father with the dishes.

“Hwa, I’m sorry I know I am not the best father to you but I do love you very much son - your mother was my world and when she passed it felt like everything fell apart, when things finally started falling back into place you seemed so well settled with the Kim family I couldn’t take you away from the stability they offered you… I am sorry son” he said and hugged Seonghwa.

“I want you to be happy no matter what - I talked with Mrs. Kim, she told me you love teaching children… Instead of food science, how about studying education?” His father asked, Seonghwa was a little surprised by his fathers words.

He always thought his father didn’t want him but kept him around because he needed him as the heir of the company but suddenly it seemed like his whole image of his father was wrong.

“I would love that” Seonghwa said softly and his father nodded.

“Apply to some universities, okay? I am covering it completely so don’t worry okay? And if you want you are welcome to come live here full-time, but only if you want” his father told him.

Seonghwa was a little surprised and at a loss of words - that was all he ever wanted was to be able to live with his father full time, he was happy that he and his father finally had the time to properly talk about things - he felt thankful for Yeonwoo because he was sure without the push from their relationship that he would still distance himself from his father.

The two stayed at the Park residence for quite some time - Seonghwa’s father told Yeonwoo all about little Seonghwa even bringing out Seonghwa’s baby photos and the night was filled with laughter, eventually they took Yeonwoo home and their parents chatted a little while before they all parted ways.

The next morning Yeonwoo was woken up by his phone ringing and to say he was shocked would be an understatement, it was Taekyung’s mother - they hardly spoke to one another and having her call him at 8am in the morning was definitely not something Yeonwoo expected.

“Hello?” Yeonwoo asked, a little confused.

“Hi Yeonwoo, can we meet up for a bit? It’s about Tae Kyung” She said, she sounded quite serious so Yeonwoo ended up agreeing, the moment he hung up he called Seonghwa and asked him to accompany him to the meeting.

When they got to the cafe where Yeonwoo agreed to meet Taekyung’s mother she was already waiting for them, when she spotted Yeonwoo she got up and hugged the boy - she had a sad smile on her face.

Once they sat down and each ordered their drinks it was silent for a while - the buzzer for their drinks rang and Seonghwa got up to collect them.

“I am sorry Yeonwoo - I never realised Taekyung was being such a little towards you - I got the letter from the school and found everything out while on a business trip that's why it took me so long to contact you” she started off - Seonghwa returned and handed her her drink and took a seat next to Yeonwoo giving him, his.

“Taekyung will be attending a very strict boarding school abroad - Hope that one day he will realise that his actions towards you two were wrong and that he will come and apologise to both of you and everyone else he had hurt” she explained and it surprised Yeonwoo - Taekyung’s parents usually gave him everything he wanted so to hear that they were sending him off to boarding school was definitely not something he had ever expected to happen.

“I have to get going - work calls - but once again I am so sorry about my son’s actions, and I wish you two all the happiness in the world” she said as she started collecting her things - Yeonwoo could tell she was feeling guilty just by how she acted but still she wasn’t the one who had hurt him so he felt sorry for her that she had to face the consequences of her son’s actions.

Once she was gone Yeonwoo let out a breath.

“These last few days sure were eventful huh hyung?” he said and Seonghwa nodded a little.

“Too eventful if you ask me… how about we wind down by having a little date?” the older asked and Yeonwoo instantly smiled while nodding.

The rest of their day was spent on a date, they had an impromptu picnic at the park and they hung out on the playground at said park and even played with the little kids who were there - eventually they watched the sunset and watched as the stars started peeking out from the sky.

Seonghwa took Yeonwoo home when they were done - their night ended with a sweet and soft kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The End~

A/N: Thank you all for following along with this story, I appreciate all the support~