Small Things Called Love

Our Flowing Love & Senses

"Happy birthday, Kyuhyun-ah. Don't overwork yourself and let's be together for more days to come."

"Thank you! I love you, hyung, baby~"

 

Kyuhyun chose to hug and kiss his wife first, before accepting the gift. He excitedly opened it and snorted when he saw a familiar photobook— Yesung hyung's latest solo album "Sensory Flows". He was one of the very first people who got to see it (and begrudgingly approved the sensual shirtless pictures out of love and respect for his spouse). Obviously, he already saw every picture in the photobook so he didn't understand why the older still gave it to him as a birthday gift. However, Yesung hyung stopped him just before he was about to look inside the book and he instantly realized that this is not a normal gift. Kyuhyun smirked even more teasingly.

 

"Baby~ Are you trying to make up for showing your gorgeous body to fans in your album by giving me a collection? Thank you! I'll treasure— Ouch!"

"Stop talking nonsense and eat your dinner, brat."

 

Yesung rolled his eyes and pulled the cheeky maknae's ear, though his cheeks turned slightly pink.

 

********************************

 

Kyuhyun seized the chance when his beloved took a bath to look at the gift. Yesung hyung said to only open it when he is alone and he (technically) does now! He carefully the pages. The first few ones were the same as those he had seen before. He was about to just quickly flip through the pages but stopped when he noticed an unfamiliar picture. His fingers hovered above the book as a smile spread on his face. It was a collection of pictures of Yesung hyung and him hugging. There were some old pictures from their early era and some from their recent concerts. Kyuhyun smiled at a picture of Yesung hyung clinging to him while he tilted his head awkwardly. He remembered it as if it just happened yesterday. It was taken at his hyung's first radio show "Miracle for You". Back then, he was still a newbie in the idol industry and really had no clues as to how to deal with his puppy crush on the older. So, the picture came out a bit funny. Compared to the recent hug at Super Show 9, both of them were more at ease and obviously in love. Yesung hyung happily squeezed him from behind while looking at him with hearted eyes and a beautiful smile. Meanwhile, he was trying to act indifferent but the corner of his lips and his eyes gave away his whipped affection for the older man. Who could say that he hated the hug when his hand held on the smaller one so firmly? He might pretend to be disgusted but everything was just an act. Because...

His smile gradually widened as he looked at the pictures. Each one was labeled with the date and location of when the hug happened, all written by Yesung hyung...

 

"Behind the scene of House Party"

"We Live Together"

"Super Show 8 in Seoul"

"Behind the scene of Pink Magic"

"Jeju date"

"KRY Phonograph Tour in Japan"

"Super Junior Mini Drama"

 

Kyuhyun got lost in a memory lane until he reached the last picture. It was a selca taken just last night while they were cuddling on the bed. Yesung hyung sat on his lap with his arms around the slender body. He held his wife close and nuzzled the y neck that always drove him crazy. Below the picture was neat handwriting accompanied by a cute sticker of two bears hugging.

 

 

Bear Hug

 

 

With a pounding heart, he turned to the next page...

.

.

.

This time, it was a collection of his photos, from his early to recent days. There were pictures from fans and the one his hyung took, secretly because he couldn't recall them at all. They really were a match made in heaven, seeing how they both liked to take photos of the other in secret. The first few pages were a photo of his full body but after that, the pictures started to change. It focused on a part of his body such as his eyes, his hands, or his smile. The pictures were cut and stuck on a page in a scrapbook style similar to the actual photobook. There was also a short commentary beside each picture...

 

"Kkuru's y mole~"

"My puppy's eyes ^^"

"Hands... so warm..."

"Mr. tummy bear ʕ ◕ᴥ◕ ʔ"

"Fluffy bed head ><"

 

Kyuhyun smugly nodded in agreement at every praise. Indeed. His looks were extraordinary good and his wife understood it thoroughly. Every part of his body looked good and he knew it. For that reason, he wasn't surprised at all when he saw the last two pictures of this collection— a picture of him sleeping at the dorm and fully dressed-up for Super Show.

 

 

Beautiful

 

 

Yes, Cho Kyuhyun is beautiful in every occasion.

.

.

.

Although Kyuhyun already got the gimmick behind the birthday gift from his beloved spouse, he still turned to the next page excitedly. This time, there were pictures of them together on a date. He noticed that the paper was pink and there was a few cherry blossom petals decorating the page. Now that he took a better look, the date pictures all happened in spring. He recalled one that happened in a night during spring not long ago. They secretly met at the community park and shared a kiss in the shadow where the street lamp didn't shine on.

Smiling, his fingers opened the next page. This time, the pictures were mostly their date in Jeju. The green background was decorated by a drawing of sunflower and ice cream stick, as well as wild flower petals. Kyuhyun could feel the salty breeze and sunlight against his skin just by looking at their pictures of the beach. His most favorite picture was their photo taken by each other with a plate of gorgeous sashimi in front of them. Yesung hyung's cute small handwriting made his lips curl up: "Let's go there again this summer."

The next page was decorated by colorful dried maple leaves on a brown background. The pictures were a mix of their dates at the dorm and a gathering at their family houses. The biggest one in the middle that took up two pages was a picture of them and everyone in their families. Above the photo, there was a drawing of a house and a heart accompanied by a familiar handwriting— our families. It made his chest and his eyes warm up.

The last page of this section consisted of mostly their Christmas date in the passing years on a blue background. Some picture was an old selca from when they first started dating and it made him chuckled thinking of the old time. There was also the famous Kyuristmas date selca that his hyung posted on Twitter but the older drew a pink heart above his head in here. Scattering on the two pages were a delicate drawing of snowflakes in various shape. 

There was a short note written at the upper right corner of every page.

 

 

4 Seasons with you

 

 

Always. Kyuhyun whispered to the words on the paper, before turning to the next section.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun was surprised to find only a single CD. There was no pictures or drawings or any decorations. He took it out from a brown paper package and fetched his laptop. Inserting the disk, he found an audio file and clicked to play it. Soon, his beloved wife's familiar husky voice came out from the speaker.

 

*Sigh*

"I miss you"

*Breathing noise*

"Kyuhyun... How are you in the army?"

"I hope you're doing well."

"Don't get sick."

*Rummaging noise*

"...I kept thinking about you while writing songs."

"Will we get to sing them together?"

"The company probably won't let us..."

*Long sigh*

"I can't sleep..."

*More sighs*

"Kyuhyun... Hurry up and come back to me."

"I love you."

*Sigh again* *Indescribable noise*

 

It took him a little while to realize that this audio file was recorded when he was enlisted and Yesung hyung never told him about it. His heart ached, thinking of the time when they couldn't be together. But the dull pain faded once he assured himself that they are together now. He took another look at the file name...

 

 

Ho

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed. He missed his beloved too during his enlistment.

.

.

.

The next section caught his attention. There were pages taken from another notebook, probably Yesung hyung's diary judging from the handwriting and content.

 

Day xxx

No call from Kyuhyun. Is he busy?

 

Day xxx

I miss being there on the stage with everyone...

I miss being Kyuhyun.

 

Day xxx

Still no calls from Kyuhyun.

But SuJu is very busy and booked now.

Understandable.

But still lonely...

 

Day xxx

I missed both Super Show anniversary and ours  :(

Kyuhyun looked fine in the photo.

Did you forget about me?

Still not a single call from you

 

Day xxx

What did I do wrong?

Did I do something that made you think we're done?

No... I never regretted it. You. Us.

This decision

Our love

 

Day xxx

Finally a call from Kyuhyun!

You wouldn't call me if you weren't drunk?

You keep me waiting!

I'm annoyed.

But not so long...

"Hyung, I miss you so much that I'm going crazy."

"If I heard your voice or saw you face, I wouldn't be able to hold back and broke into there to meet you."

"But tonight..."

"I might have gone crazier if I didn't tell you..."

"How much I miss you."

"I love you."

So cute.

I love you too, my drunkard Kyu  :)

 

Kyuhyun groaned in embarrassment when the message brought back something shameful. When Yesung hyung was enlisted, he wanted to show off that he was an adult and could control his emotions so he rarely contacted his then boyfriend. They just started the relationship. Since he was the one who chased and confessed first, he sometimes felt like the older man seemed indifferent to his love. However, he later knew that Yesung hyung loved and cherished him as much as he did to the other. Still, it was nice and kind of adorable to know his wife's inner thoughts...

 

 

All Night Long

 

 

He chuckled while caressing the neat letters. Me too, hyung, me too...

.

.

.

Kyuhyun burst out laughing at the next section. It was a cut picture of his head attached to a night sky background. Meanwhile, Yesung hyung was a little mermaid with Kkoming and Melo as the fish and the crab. Little Mermaid Yesung hyung was staring at him in the sky with a melancholic expression. To the right of his floating head(?) was a short poem written in his lover's beautiful handwriting.

 

You're a shining star

Twinkling brightly from afar

A dream I want to see

Where it's just you and me

 

The poem in white contrasting to the dark background gripped his heart. He knew the message behind that. To this day, they still had to hide their relationship from the public because homouality wasn't accepted yet. Moreover, he knew that among his fans there was a lot of people who hated Yesung hyung for no reason. Hence the disappearance of Yesung hyung from his sns. Although they did that to protect their love, it was still hard for them to bear it. The older man had to be more careful now that he had become a star in the entertainment circle. So, Yesung hyung was like this little mermaid, being able to see his beloved star only at night when no one saw them...

 

 

Mermaid ​​​​​​

 

 

"If it's you, Yesung hyung, I'm willing to become a bubble and burst together with you..."

 

Kyuhyun murmured while touching the Little Mermaid Yesung on the page.

.

.

.

The next section consisted of only pictures of their hands in various acts— holding, brushing, squeezing, nudging, etc. Yesung hyung probably found these photos where they stood side by side from fans and only cut around their hands into a heart shape. He snorted at some picture where they compared their hand size. His wife's small hand really looked like a baby hand next to his! He could easily envelope the entirety of Yesung hyung's hand if he just curled his fingers down.

He loved these small hands so much and always found an excuse to hold it, or at least just brushing the back of their hands. He loved having the smaller hand in his hold. He loved feeling the control he had over his lover. He loved the joy of knowing that Yesung hyung completely trusted and left his everything to him. He loved the warmth contrasting to his slightly-colder hand. Most importantly, he loved when Yesung hyung squeezed or nudged back...

 

 

Together ​​​​​​

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled warmly at the last picture— their hands clasped tight and fingers intertwined. A simple platinum ring hugging their left ring fingers reflected the light so beautifully in the picture.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun frowned when he turned to the next section and only found pages full of texts. No pictures. He carefully read every line and realized that they were all events happened to them. It wasn't in a chronological order as if the writer just jotted down anything coming to his mind. Some sentence was unfinished or vague. Despite that, he still knew what the older man was talking about...

 

When you confessed to me, I thought I was going to die from shock

Our 8th anniversary... Osaka date :)

Surprise stage... Thank you...

Thank you for calling me on my first day DJ

First time.... My waist hurts but I'm happy ><

I know it's a rumor. But I don't want to hear it. You and that senior...

Buying rings~

Why don't you call me?  :(

Stop trying to undress me!!

Coffee~ Coffee~

I don't know what you see in me but I'll work hard...

I know you love me too~ 

What the!? You, chasing me?

That actress, just a job, jeez

You're sweet too ^^

Will I? Obviously, I do  :p

 

 

Moment 

 

 

He snorted at the disorganized messages that kept jumping from the present to the past and so on. However, he found a key message that every moment had in common— Yesung hyung always thought of him while writing them. Similarly, he also thought of his beloved spouse when reading it. Because every moment that happened was all precious to them.

.

.

.

The closer to the last page, the more excited Kyuhyun became. He wanted to see how this adorable gift concluded their stories. Moving on to the second-to-last section, this time, it was a collection of polaroid photos of various objects. He wasn't familiar with any of them so they were probably taken by Yesung hyung. At first, he didn't understand the concept of this section— random objects. However, he came to a late realization soon after looking at the photos again...

 

A wild daisy

A cloud that looks like a turtle

A black cat sleeping in front of tteokbokki shop

A row of wine bottles

A sunflower field

A cat and a dog sleeping together

A cat sleeping on a penguin plushie

A Pororo hat

A penguin and a turtle keychain

A boy and a girl in a snow globe

Two pairs of small and big knitted gloves 

 

His heart immediately warmed up once he understood the concept of this section. He smiled and touched the words written in a red crayon in the middle of the double page.

 

 

Like Us 

.

.

.

Finally, Kyuhyun had seen the thoughtful gift until the last page. For the last section, there was only a picture of him smiling at the camera. Yesung hyung's handwriting "Small Things" and "Happy birthday Kkuru 💙" were written below the picture. The blank space around the picture was decorated by various cute stickers: hearts, penguins, turtles, clouds, daisies, sunflowers, smiley faces, etc. This time, he easily understood what his beloved wife wanted to convey.

 

 

He is Yesung hyung's small things.

 

 

"... Didn't I tell you to look at the gift when you're alone?"

 

Yesung hyung who just came out of the bath said in resignation. Kyuhyun grinned and put the precious birthday gift aside, making a space for the smaller man. Yesung hyung casually settled down in his lap and he proceeded to dry the older man's hair. Their actions were very smooth and natural as if they had done it for a million times. Kyuhyun gently used the towel to knead and dry the two-toned hair, all the while dropping small kisses on the slender nape.

 

"Kyu, do you like the gift?"

"Absolutely! Your senses and overflowing love for me make me the happiest man on earth. Pun intended~"

 

Kyuhyun threw the damp towel on the bedhead for hanging later. He enveloped the smaller body and squeezed it until their heartbeats resonated through their connected skin. He rained kisses after kisses on the flawless skin— behind the ears, chubby cheeks, slender nape, and exposed shoulder in a tank top— while whispering "I love you" repeatedly. Yesung hyung moaned and protested weakly.

 

"Kyu... umm.. we have a practice tomorrow..."

"I know..."

 

Kyuhyun sighed and left the tempting skin. He pinched the older man's chin and made him turn to face him. Then, he pressed his lips on the full and slightly-cold lips after the shower. He only stayed like that without moving his lips or using his tongue, being careful not to arouse either of their desire. After a while, he withdrew and kissed the exposed forehead while Yesung hyung smiled slightly but blissfully.

 

"I love you, Kyu."

"Mm, me too, hyung. Thank you for the wonderful birthday gift~ Though I have to say that I don't like how you call me your small things!"

"Eh? Why? You really are small things that come together and brighten my world..."

"I mean, how could you call this a small thing!!?"

 

Smirking evilly, Kyuhyun took the smaller hand and made it feel around his crotch. Although he was only half-erected, his size was nowhere near "small" and the older man seemed to get it too, seeing how his cheeks turn rosy. Yesung hyung who was flustered glared daggers and grabbed his earlobe. Kyuhyun was about to pretend to be wronged but stopped in puzzlement when the soft fingers merely caressed his ear. Then, his heart literally jumped out of his chest when his wife started to the "not-a-small-thing" up and down fluidly.

 

"... I'll let you off the hook this time because it's your birthday, erted brat."

 

Yesung hyung whispered sensually and blew a puff of breath into his ear, before going down to "help" him. Kyuhyun panted and the head bobbing between his thighs, staring at the smaller man in adoration. His Yesung hyung might not say "I love you" as often as he did but his actions spoke loud and clear.

 

 

 

It's all the small things that counts. 💙

 

**********************************************

 

Author's note:

Happy birthday Kyuhyun!! 🥳

Late birthday fic for our whipped husband of Yesung~ It's shorter compared to my usual fic length but I hope you'll like it anyway. Although I've gotten better physically, my mood is still down for the most part so I'm trying not to push myself too hard.

Thank you for your understanding and for always supporting me :)

 

Take care and love you  <3