I Am Not Mon

Curtain Call

Becky literally ignoring Freen ever since she stepped her feet on the set. When Freen greeted her cheerfully, she only responded with a fake smile. When they were in changing room, Becky didn’t say a word to Freen, the same thing also happened when they did their make-up.

 

“Becky, what did I do wrong?” Freen finally tried to start the conversation after they finished their make-up. “You’ve been ignoring me all day.”

 

Becky only side-eyeing the other girl but did not say anything.

 

“Becbec, we’re going to start the shooting soon. I am afraid we won’t be able to perform well if we’re like this.” Freen pleaded while shifted her seat to get closer with Becky but the latter also shifted the seat so the distance between them remained the same.

 

“I really don’t understand. We were fine yesterday, then why you suddenly sulked like this?” Freen pouted and shifted toward Becky again.

 

“A thumb.” Becky finally let out a few words from her lips.

 

“A thumb?” Freen clearly didn’t understand what the other girl meant.

 

“Yes, a thumb. You replied me with just a thumb.” The reply came longer this time.

 

Freen’s eyes widened at the realization that Becky referred to the chat they had last night. “Only because of that?”

 

“You also accused me of being drunk!”

 

A gasped escaped Freen’s lips, surprised on finding out the reason she got cold shoulder from Becky today. “Really? Only because of that?”

 

It was Becky’s turn to widen her eyes. “Only? You have no idea how embarrassed I was, Phi Freen!” Becky started to raise her voice.

 

Freen immediately took both Becky’s hands and caressed the back of her hands with her thumbs. “Shhh, shhh, don’t yell at me, please. We will draw people’s attention if you do that.”

 

That statement made Becky’s eyes even more widened, her eyes might pop out of the socket if she kept doing it. “Now you care more about people’s attention?” she hissed this time.

 

Freen tightened her hold to Becky’s hand while kept caressing the back of Becky’s hands. “That’s not it. I just don’t want other people prying our business.” She tried to explain at Becky. “I am sorry, Becbec… I didn’t have any intention to embarrass you.”

 

Becky pouted as she listened to Freen’s apology. She would accept the apology right away but she also wanted to understand as to why the older girl seemed to be kind of ignorant in last night chat.

 

“Will you accept my apology, Becky?” Freen showed her puppy eyes, hoping this would work to make Becky accept the apology.

 

“Why did you just reply with a thumb?” She mumbled the question. She was afraid that Freen would think of her as a silly kid who sulked because of a thumb emoji. In fact, maybe Freen really saw her as a kid because of their . She was only nineteen while Freen was twenty three.

 

“Uhmmm… That was because...” Freen hesitated to answer the question. Her brain kept popping up the sentence she recited when she replied Becky’s chat.

 

"So, at the end of the day, this is who we are. You are Mon, and I am Khun Sam."

 

“It was because I am Khun Sam.” She finally answered.

 

Becky furrowed her eyebrows as she tilted her head in confusion. “Because you’re Khun Sam?”

 

Freen cleared . “I mean, I acted as Khun Sam, pretending that you are Mon.” She grinned sheepishly. “Because you sent me the script, right? So I got into Khun Sam mode.”

 

Becky did not quite buy Freen’s reasoning but she shrugged it off and raised another question. “And why did you accuse me that I was drunk?”

 

Freen blushed as she remembered the last chat from Becky last night. “That’s err…”

 

Because I didn’t dare to say I like you too.

 

“Because you were so random.”

 

Becky nodded at the explanation. “That was Richie who sent it. He hijacked my phone.”

 

“Oh…” Freen nodded as well but feel a bit disappointed knowing that it wasn’t Becky who sent the message. How she wished that chat was sent by Becky. She tried to smile and let go one of Becky’s hand. She then raised her free hand and showed Becky her pinky. “So, do you accept my apology?”

 

Becky smiled a bit and hooked Freen’s pinky with her own. “OK. With one condition.” She kept their pinky intertwined.

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“Don’t be too cold to me. I am not Mon and you’re not Khun Sam. We are Becky and Phi Freen.”

 

Freen smiled at Becky and nodded in agreement. “OK ka.”

 

Is it really okay if we are Becky and Freen, Becbec?

 

“Freen, Becky! We’re about to start now!” The voice startled both of them. And soon the owner of the voice came to pick them up. “Eiy, what are you two doing together in here while holding hands? Are you guys on a date?” It was Nam, one of their fellow actresses who played a role as Khun Sam’s best friend. She immediately teased the two girls once she noticed they were hooking their pinkies while their other hands were holding each other.

 

“Phi Nam, don’t start.” Freen rolled her eyes in annoyance. Both she and Becky immediately pulled their respective hands in reflex.

 

“I can’t help, I am the Captain of the shipper, you know!”

 

“Why would you ship us? You know nothing’s going on between me and Becky.”

 

Nam shrugged her shoulder but the teasing smile was painted on her face. “I enjoy my role as the captain of freenbeck ship. You guys are too cute together. I wonder why are you not girlfriends yet?”

 

And that statement made both Freen and Becky blushed.

 

“You’re crazy!” Both Freen and Becky yelled in unison and that made Nam laughed.

 

“Oh my God, so cute, yelling the same words together. Are you soulmate?”

 

“Phi Nam…” Becky could feel her face was warm. She believed she was blushing hard at the moment.

 

“Nam! I asked you to pick them up, not teasing them.” Phi Nuttapong, the director of the series finally showed up and gave disapproving look at Nam. “Freen, Becky, let’s go to the set.”

 

All three girls immediately took their way out of the waiting room and walked towards the set. Freen walked right in front of Becky and silently offered her hand to the girl behind her. She could feel Becky’s hand carefully hold hers and she smiled in relief.

 

This is Freen who offers her hand to you, Becky. I am not Khun Sam.

 

 

***