It Was All But A Dream

Dreamy Eyes

It is as if a dreamy reality. He called my name in an alluring voice with a smile that rivaled the sun. As he went closer and closer, my heart beat uncontrollably faster and faster. I cherished the beauty in front of me that made my heart skip. From the deep black eyes that never fail to look only at me, my gaze traveled down to the pink plump lips. That's when something awakens in me. Only one thought lingers in my mind. 

 

 

"I want to taste it so badly..." 

 

Oops, I might have thought it out too loud! 

 

-------------------------------

 

It is my last day in high school. Yet here I am, running for my life from a psychopath trying to catch me! You may wonder, how in the hell did I get into this situation?! Well, let me catch you up with what happened. Shall we?

 

It was my last day as a senior at SJ academy. While everyone would be thrilled to spend their last day in high school, I am DEVASTATED! It will be my last day in high school, days counted before I leave for college. Yet, I still haven't got the chance to make a move for Jongwoon's heart! Jongwoon's been my friend since during diapers, and as cliche, as it may be... I develop feelings with my best friend. It started in middle school, and those eyes were the culprits. That allured my heart into the unknown abyss called love.

 

I started when Jongwoon looked at me, and my heart beat abnormally faster. Then, he held my face so close to checking something. Heat began to creep into my body. My face felt so hot that I'm afraid it might burn Jongwoon's hands. His face was so close that I couldn't say anything, only focusing on the close distance between us. But then, a nosy girl caught my attention. The girl kept throwing hateful looks at me and looking back at Jongwoon. Could it be that the girl likes Jongwoon? 

 

"There, I remove the lash near your eye- Ah!"

 

Jongwoon exclaimed and reddened when I suddenly pulled him into my arms. Recovering from the sudden embrace, Jongwoon reciprocated by holding me tighter. I smugly looked at the girl who furiously left the scene. That's when something in me clicked. I don't want to be Jongwoon's friend anymore. 

 

 

'I want to be his boyfriend.'

 

 

We've been friends for a long time, so it would be risky directly professing my love. I'm not even sure if Jongwoon feels the same way about me! So I decided to let time and fate handle it. Who knows, maybe Jongwoon can't resist my remarkable handsomeness and confesses to me first. 

 

It turns out fate and time are not on my side...

 

 

So screw fate!

 

I decided to end my last day in high school by confessing everything to Jongwoon. Everything. I proceeded to plan how the whole thing to happen. I planned everything and rehearsed every word to perfection. But with the overwhelming emotions bursting inside me, I couldn't sleep. I toss and turn, but nothing. 

 

 

Screw sleeping also!

 

 

I prepared myself and started heading off to school early in the morning. The moon is still visible, and the sun's yet to rise and brighten the dark sky. I started the day perfectly, intending to execute the plan after the ceremony.

 

Or so I thought. 

 

When I arrived at school, the staff and teachers were yet to come. Aside from the gate and school building entrance, everything was still closed. So I decided to walk around the premises. It is my last day, after all. Fond memories with Jongwoon wonders in my mind as I look around. 

 

"Sigh, it would be fun if Jongwoon was here."

 

As I was walking towards the garden, I saw something moving. I came closer but instantly stopped right in my tracks when I saw a tall black figure moving around.

 

"That's strange. I didn't remember someone coming. Maybe he arrived before me? That would make sense since the gates were open when I came-"

 

Then something clicked into my brain.

 

"Wait, how were they open if the staff and guards are not here..."

 

Then the movie Jongwoon and I watched flashed into my mind. About a psycho killer that uses schools to hide the remains of his victims. Could it be that the figure he saw is... The figure is standing in the garden area. Could it be possible that it is hiding something there? Possibly its victim's body?! My body shivered in fear with the horrifying thought that I was afraid to move. But when the tall figure then diverted towards my direction and noticed me. So I gathered all of my courage and ran!

 

"." I cursed out loud as I ran faster and faster.

 

The figure went from walking to slowly running after me. Terrified, I ran faster as if there was no tomorrow, hoping to lose the strange figure. I went inside the school building to hide.

 

Big mistake!

 

I could have gone outside rather than trapping myself in. I hide in the corner below the stairs near the window. After a short silence, I heard a shuffle and breathing somewhat at the near entrance. That went closer and closer. I hold my breath and cover my mouth, afraid to make any noise. I heard some faint steps that seemed to get closer and louder. Suddenly, it stopped. 

 

After waiting and hearing nothing, but silence for so long, I look around to see if the coast is clear. I move out of my hiding place and head straight toward the exit. I walk fast, wishing not to cause a sound. But luck is not on my side. On my way to the exit door, I tripped over something hard. Instead of falling on the cold floor, an arm grabbed me! Well, this is it. My life ends here.

 

"Jongwoon! Help me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs while throwing various punches.

 

Instead of a murderous knife stabbing me. A firm and gentle hand shook me slightly.

 

"Kyuhyun." A gentle voice called my name.

 

The killer's voice seems to be familiar. Too familiar. Wait, how did it know my name?! Oh no, could it be a stalker?! Too scared, I didn't open my eyes.

 

"Kyu, hey. It's me. Look, it's me."

 

That name only one person dares to call me that name. Slowly, I carefully opened my eye to peek, and instead of a scary murderer or stalker, an angel appeared in front of me. 

 

"J-jongwoon?" My voice slightly shaking.

 

"See, it's me. Why did you run? It was hard catching up with you! I was approaching you earlier when you suddenly ran away. I tried calling you, but you ran even faster! And-" 

 

"I-it was you?"

 

"Hm?" Jongwoon was confused and tilted his head.

 

"Kyu, what do you mean? What's going on-"

 

"It was you all along?! Don't you know how scared I was! I thought I was going to die?!"

 

"What?"

 

"It's because of that stupid movie! I told you that we shouldn't watch that ridiculous movie. Now it got all over my head!" 

 

"Eh? But I told you it was okay to skip it. I even suggested watching something else. But you insisted on continuing the movie. You even proclaimed that it wasn't scary at all?"

 

"That's because I want to look brave and cool for you. You'll be sad when I don't watch it with you. So I went ahead..." I said that slowly turned into quite faint whisper. Fear took a toll on my body, and I fell to the floor, holding my knees together. My lips quivered, and hot tears started escaping down my cheeks. That slowly turns into sobbing. Jongwoon settled beside me and pulled me into his embrace while soothingly patting my back. 

 

"Shh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. Everything is fine, I'm here now. Okay?" 

 

Slightly shaking, I hold Jongwoon tighter and closer. , this shouldn't be happening. I should be the cool one in this relationship, not the crying mess. An anxious thought invaded my mind, what if Jongwoon gets fed up with my clinginess? And ends up leaving me? Can I handle the reality of Jongwoon not being with me? What will I do if Jongwoon himself from me in his life forever? 

 

'What happens then?'

 

The thought of life without Jongwoon frightens me. I hold him closer and tighter. Jongwoon reciprocated the warm and tight embrace. Which only made my cry louder. No matter what, I'm glad that Jongwoon is here with me. For now, that's the only thing that matters. Jongwoon presently still being with me. After a long while, I calmed down. With the help of Jongwoon's warm hug and comfort, removing all the fear away. We then moved to sit on the nearby stairs.

 

Silence. Nothing but silence.

 

 

'This is so embarrassing!'

 

 

After mistaking Jongwoon for a killer, exploding and crying everything out on him, I don't know how I could even recover from that! I looked at everything except Jongwoon's eyes which were darting at me now. My heart flinched when a warm touch caressed my cheek, removing some tears left and stained from crying.

 

"Are you feeling alright now?" 

 

Jongwoon sweetly inquires. I hummed in response and rested into the small hand.

 

"Thank you, Woonie..."

 

Jongwoon giggled and let leaned me into his shoulder. The sunlight started to appear warmth the early cold morning. Indulging the moment, I further held Woon's hand and snuggled closer to him. Sigh, embarrassing it may be, I am grateful Jongwoon was the one who witnessed my chaos earlier. I even got the opportunity to cherish this morning with him, which brings me.

 

"Woonie?" 

 

"Hmm?" Jongwoon hummed while absent-mindedly brushing my hair. 

 

"What were you doing at school so early in the morning?" Looking up at him.

 

"Oh, that. I was fixing something in the garden." He said with a shy smile. 

 

So cute, my poor heart! Ahem, Kyuhyun focus. 

 

"What are you fixing in the garden so early in the morning?" I said while pouting, which made Jongwoon giggle. Fixing a strand of my hair and looking far ahead, Jongwoon continues.

 

"Your curious to know what I'm doing, huh?" I eagerly nodded. 

 

"Wanna see what I'm working on?" Jongwoon looked down, and again my heart wildly thrashed. Jongwoon stand, in my dismay, and offered one of his hands with a smile. 

 

"Shall we?"

 

I took the cutie's small hand and followed him into the garden. As I went in, a bunch of beautiful sunflowers greeted us. The sun that slowly rises creates gentle light that adds warmth to the beautiful flowers. I noticed that they were all arranged to form a heart shape. 

 

'Cute.'

 

But then something shiny caught my eye. I went closer and found a tiny penguin and turtle jewel holding a piece of paper, sitting on top of a flower. I took the cute ornament and read the writings. 

 

 

'Let's go to college together. Not as friends but hoping to be as boyfriends instead.'

 

 

What?! I re-read it again to be certain that my head is not playing the same trick as earlier. 

 

'Let's go to college together. Not as friends but hoping to be your boyfriend instead.'

 

It's still the same. I read it again and again and again. I turn around, hoping to find answers to my confusion. What I saw next took my breath away. The sun kisses Jongwoon with bright lights, accompanied by the soft wind that flows into his hair. The sight was unbelievably ethereal. 

 

"Kyuhyun"

 

He called my name in an alluring voice with a smile that rivaled the sun. As he went closer and closer, my heart beat uncontrollably faster and faster. I cherished the beauty in front of me that made my heart skip. From the deep black eyes that never fail to look only at me, my gaze traveled down to the pink plump lips. That's when something awakens in me. Only one thought lingers in my mind. 

 

"I want to taste it so badly..." 

 

Upon hearing this, Jongwoon's eyes fluttered shut. I caressed the reddish cheek with the utmost care. Leaning in closer, I started to feel his breath tickling my lips. I then closed the annoying gap between us-

 

Ring!!!!

------------------------------------------

 

 

The sound of the school bell woke Kyuhyun up from his beautiful slumber. Upon noticing and processing everything. 

 

"It was a in dream?!" Kyuhyun screamed, pulling his hair in annoyance once realizing everything was but a dream.

 

"Even in dreams, the universe still stops me from tasting those tempting lips," Kyuhyun whispered, pouting with disappointment overflowing his body. 

 

"Had a good sleep?" 

 

A familiar teasing voice instantly resolves Kyuhyun's foul mood. Jongwoon, now sitting at his table, teasingly ruffles his hair. Kyuhyun took the small hand and glared at the owner.

 

"Look, you even have a drool on your face!" 

 

Jongwoon laughed, pointing at the drool stain near Kyuhyun's lips. Kyuhyun tried to remove it, but Jongwoon used his free hand instead, immediately wiping off the stain that failed to miss the corner of the owner's lips. Due to the unexpected action, Kyuhyun instantly looked away, dreading to let a blush escape. That failed him to witness the red tinge slowly appearing on Jongwoon's cheek. Jongwoon cleared his throat. 

 

"Ahem, are you free this afternoon?"

 

"For you, I'm always free. Why?" Kyuhyun, who fastly recovered from earlier, smugly responded and shook Jongwoon's hand. A wave of heat started to creep up on Jongwoon's face.

 

"Okay, great!" Kyuhyun, still not letting go of Jongwoon's hand, pulled him up from his seat. 

 

"Come, I want to show you something!" 

 

Kyuhyun followed the boy dragging him to the back of the school and into the garden entrance. Kyuhyun was confused about where his friend was taking him but decided to leave the questions for later. They went inside the school's garden, and a splash of deja vu struck him.

 

Just like in his dream, the school garden is filled with a bunch of lovely sunflowers. The sun setting and the cool breeze from the wind gave a romantic and dazzling sight. Jongwoon walks closer to the sunflowers and plucks one. He then turned and headed to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was awestruck by the beauty in front of him. The beauty looked at the flower he was holding and began to speak.

 

"Do you know that sunflowers are more than just flowers? It symbolizes loyalty, adoration, and unconditional love. Sunflowers are happy-flower. It brightens the mood of the owner and the receiver of it."

 

After a long sigh, he looked directly at Kyuhyun with all seriousness on his face.

 

"Kyuhyun... You're a special and long friend of mine ever since I could remember. We did everything together. We fought, laughed, and cried together and made fond memories in the process. Now that we are getting closer and closer to college and getting older and older each day, I don't want to be your best friend anymore..."

 

Kyuhyun's heart shattered right there and then. Tears slowly started to form but ceased with what his friend said next.

 

"I want to be your boyfriend instead."

 

"!!!"

 

"Just like the sunflower, you always brighten my day. Without you... my day would be gloomy and incomplete. Kyuhyun, you are my sunflower!"

 

"..."

 

Jongwoon then handed him the sunflower.

 

"So... May I also be your sunflower?!"

 

Jongwoon shouted while handing the flower with a tight and trembling hold. The silence that followed him deafened and discouraged him entirely. Thinking that it may have angered Kyuhyun, Jongwoon panicked.

 

"A-actually... never mind what I said-?!" Before getting a chance to finish his sentence, Jongwoon's lips were sealed with something soft and light. 

 

"Please tell me that I'm not dreaming," Kyuhyun asked after breaking the kiss.

 

"You're not dreaming-?!"

 

 

Jongwoon's words were cut again by a pair of hungry lips that stopped all thoughts to process. He could only focus on the lips tracing and nibbling his. Jongwoon then gasped when something bit his bottom lip, and a tongue proceeded and invaded his mouth, exploring every nook and cranny that took his breath away. 

 

"Just want to make sure that I'm not dreaming." 

 

Kyuhyun whispered after breaking the passionate kiss.

 

"I love you too, Jongwoon. May it be in my dreams or as your sunflower. I'm all yours, Kim Jongwoon."

 

Tears started to form in Jongwoon's eyes.

 

"Kyuhyun! I love you!"  

 

Kyuhyun hugged his (now) boyfriend. He glanced down and saw the dreamy gaze looking at him. He can't resist the adorable sight and pecks the cutie's lips again and again and again.

 

Jongwoon's reciprocating sweet kiss confirmed Kyuhyun to be wildly awake and far from dreaming. Although, the giddy feeling in their heart felt like a dream come true.

 

I guess Kyuhyun is now living the dream, after all~

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello! This is my first ever KyuSung fic. Please do excused the wrong grammar or some errors, English is not my first language. Tho, I still hope you enjoyed reading my story. Please don't be shy and leave a comment. I am open with all of your thoughts and ideas. Thank you again for reading my story!