Inevitable

Catnip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How did this happen?

How did the girl of her dreams ended up resting so soundly in her arms, looking so serene and adorable?

Oh yes, said girl was feeling unwell after a sport event and Minji immediately took action, carrying the passed out girl to the infirmary. She stayed there and eventually ended up holding said girl in her arms.

Call it a much needed opportunity because it has been days since their last encounter in the train and Minji has been trying all sorts of methods just to talk to her again. 

Whether it was before, in between or after classes, she tried her best to conjure up another encounter just for a chance to be with the girl. 

Oddly enough, the timing was never right and Haerin always seems to be occupied. And even if they cross paths, Haerin always gives her that longing “I missed you” look for just a quick millisecond before that endearing face of hers turn into a frown, which is why it has been driving Minji crazy. She wonders and ponders and can’t quite figure the reason behind that peculiar reaction.

Was it the cheesy novel quote that threw her off? Maybe? It should be right? What else can it be? Ah, that must be it. Perhaps Minji should not have been so forward. Maybe Haerin prefers less cringey ways. Maybe Minji misunderstood.

Maybe it was a look of “If only she wasn’t so cheesy, we could have been something more.” Oh well.

Nevertheless, she takes this time to take in the view in front of her greedily, gently caressing the girl’s cheeks. Her mind being occupied with the many different ways she can win the heart of the girl lying in her arms. 

Said girl stirs a little and Minji quickly pauses, slowly retracting her hand. The sleeping girl pouts in disapproval, placing her hand back to where it belonged. 

Minji blinks in surprise at the sudden gesture but lets the sleeping girl have her way anyways. She lets a small smile form on her face. 

She then carefully trace the girl’s features, her cat-like eyes, pretty nose bridge and pouty lips.

“My little kitten.”

She whispers, watching little kitten's chest rise and fall, as she sleeps soundly. Minji reaches out again to touch little kitten’s nose, noticing that it was still red.

This time, little kitten wakes up and immediately panics upon realizing that she was sleeping in the arms of one Kim Minji. She tries to get up but fails so miserably that she ends up straddling the older girl instead.

Minji gulps in surprise. Little kitten blushes, looking even more adorable with her flushed cheeks. When she said she wanted an interaction with the girl, this is certainly not what she expected. Oh yeah, this is more of something out of her dreams.

Their position right now is as such, little kitten’s petite hands are resting on Minji’s shoulders whereas Minji’s hands are on little kitten’s waist.

Minji decides to be brave.

She cautiously pulls little kitten closer, eyes focused solely on that pair of pouty lips, bracing herself for any slaps that may come her way. 

Instead, little kitten lets out a soft mewl. Minji frowns at the enchanting sight before her and decides to inch closer, realizing that she couldn't wait any longer.

Then, just centimeters apart, they share what Minji thinks is the longest eye contact ever before little kitten wraps her hands closer around her albeit looking very, very embarrassed. Feeling encouraged, Minji decides to risk it all.

“Can I ask you a question?”

She timidly asks to which little kitten nods in response. 

“Was the novel quote too cheesy for you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter