Midnight Blue

Moon & Sunrise: Fluffy Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- That picture looks good- oh, wait, I think that looks better?

Yongsun squinted her eyes, finger tapping on the side as her eyes never left the screen that was showing several pictures of her with barely noticeable differences between them due to the lightning shutter speed. She did linger on a certain shot for more than a few seconds, but she wasn't sure if that would be the most suitable to post as a teaser. She needed assurance, just a little bit of it might be enough. Where to get that sense of validation - that was the question.

The answer arrived more quickly than she thought, in the form of a baggy all-dark figure, who happened to pass by the design team office and had her curiosity heightened when she recognized her beloved person in the middle of the group of people gathering around a tiny desk. Byulyi signaled the staff to slightly back off, and as silently as she could she slowly walked toward the deeply focused woman.

- Whatcha looking at?

The shriek that followed brought gasps and laughs to everyone - except the one shrieking. Yongsun hugged her chest and sharply glared at the rapper, but her gaze couldn't help but soften at the very presence of her girlfriend. Still, it took her some deep breaths and a few feather hits on Byulyi's forearm to calm down and go back to the subject of her contemplation.

- Pictures for the concept teasers and the photobook. I'm not sure which one to choose to post as the teaser, at the moment. 

As if on cue, the editor scrolled through the list of pictures Yongsun had narrowed down earlier under Byulyi's watchful eyes. At the exact picture Yongsun chose, the younger woman tapped the staff to stop scrolling.

- That one.

- Oh? - The leader's eyes turned into crescents at her choice. - It's also my preference too.

Byulyi mirrored her grin, not hiding her pride for their synergy once again in the work. Yongsun caught it, though, the slimmest glimpse of mirth in her eyes-

- Well, maybe I should have chosen another picture then.

not fast enough.

The younger woman was definitely entertained, despite earning herself a few harder punches on her side. Yongsun internally sighed, wondering just how she had managed to endure the absolute menace that was Moon Byulyi for the past decade.

(Right, because she loved her. Of course.)

Byulyi stayed for another while, giving her opinions here and there regarding the visual presentation of her comeback, to which Yongsun carefully listened and took to heart. Eventually, however, it was clear the older woman wasn't going to leave the office soon, and amidst the constant practice and traveling for her ongoing world tour, Byulyi could really use some rest to recharge herself.

- I will... see you later? - The younger woman timidly spoke up, reluctance evident in her voice. - I mean, I can stay longer if you want-

- Nonsense, - Yongsun abruptly cut her off, then cleared and softened her voice seeing the rapper taken aback, - You are tired, I know that. Don't be stubborn and go home. I will definitely see you later. 

Byulyi huffed before mustering a small smile and squeezing her hand one last time. - You've done well today too, Yong. Let me know when you arrive home later. 

Watching the rapper gradually disappear from her sight felt like a hole had been created in the pit of her stomach. Yongsun tried to not give it too much thought though, as she tried her best to do her work as fast as possible before wrapping up her day and coming back to her beloved bed.

 

 

It was 2 am, and Yongsun was still tossing and turning on the bed.

She had a schedule the day after, for god's sake! So why, why,

why was she feeling like she was about to fall into the deepest imaginary pit?

And why was the chatting interface between her and Byul staring right back at her?

Her mind replayed the scene of her seeing Byul off in the office as she scrolled through their most recent conversations. A lot of checking in on each other's whereabouts, many repetitive encouragements to get through the days, some "kekekeke" here and there, and barely any day that the chat got long enough to have to scroll. 

There has been considerable physical distance between them, that anyone could see. If Byulyi was resting, Yongsun was sweating blood and tears for the comeback, and her supposed days off on the weekend would be when the younger woman continued her journey of stealing hearts and melting ears during the world tour. Yongsun reread their chatbox and squeezed their interactions at the company earlier that day from her memory, dissecting them from various angles to try to interpret if that distance had managed to translate into their private life, somehow, if there was any deeper problem running in their relationship. Of course, she was just overthinking and arrived to no definite conclusion, so she gave up, drained, but still painfully awake. 

She read their messages, again, just to be sure.

Some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter