two

Sweet Nothings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What would you do if you had the ability to time travel?” Minju asked as they lay there on the couch. They just finished watching the movie About Time.

 

"Why?" Hyewon asked, her eyes still glued on the television showing the post credits.

 

"I asked first."

 

"Nothing. I may not use it at all."

 

"Really? What—why?" Minju sat up and looked at Hyewon, not expecting the answer that she got from the latter.

 

"What's the use? You're here, I'm here. I'm okay with what I have now."

 

"Don't you have any regrets, something you wish you could've done differently?"

 

"Well, maybe I would use that ability to relive moments. But I wouldn't change anything." Hyewon looked at Minju and she can see that the younger girl's not satisfied with the answer she got.

 

"I may have done things that I wish I have never done and have done, words I wish I've said and not said." Hyewon sighed and held Minju's hands. "But what I have right now is so precious to trade for the possibility of this not happening at all. I'm scared that if I change even a small detail in the past, I might lose you. I don't want that to happen."

 

"Tim found a way to be with Mary, even with all the time traveling he did." Minju whispered, but it was loud enough for the older girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter