Confessions

The Return of A Lost Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi held in a sob as her nostrils were filled with the scent she fell in love with years ago. She could only wrap her arms outside the other three, but for now that was enough. Yongsun was here, her Yongsun was here and she had no intention to let her leave her side again. The younger members apparently had the same thoughts as they couldn't keep the distance for the rest of the set. 

Solar did her formal greetings and the crowd cheered loudly. They performed some more songs, both old and new, and the ex-leader surprisingly knew all of their recent projects, which moved the trio. Wherever she had been, she must have been watching them grow and succeed diligently. As they ended the final song and said goodbye as a quartet again, no one could hide their tears and smile in sentiment and happiness.

Mamamoo was finally four. They were finally complete again.

Going into backstage, Solar was bombarded with tons of questions from the maknae line, who burst into tears again as they almost couldn't believe that their leader was back. Sensing the oldest woman's discomfort, Byulyi kept her distance and told the kids to not overwhelm her. Yongsun looked at her gratefully and gently wiped the tears on the members' face. 

- I will tell you everything you want to know tonight during dinner. My treat.

Wheesa's eyes shone in excitement, and they temporarily got off the leader as they ran towards the waiting van, wanting to arrived at said destination as soon as possible. There was now only Yongsun and Byulyi in the room. They just looked at each other silently, hoping their gazes were enough to convey what they had meant to say to each other. It was the latter who broke the silence.

- You're back. - She whispered, as if not wanting to break the atmosphere.

- I'm back. - Yongsun replied just as softly.

- Can I... can I hug you again?

- You don't have to ask, Byul-ah. - Yongsun smiled and opened her arms widely, a single tear trickling down her left eye.

Byulyi wasted no time in crashing into her, finally feeling all of her presence that she still longed for all this time. The world felt like there was only two of them, and they tightened their holds on each other like anchors as their souls was overwhelmed with waves of emotions. It was safe to say she hadn't felt this loved and safe in a long while. She could stay like this forever. 

- Byul... be careful with my belly. - Yong whispered, and she snapped awake, subsconsciously taking a step back. Her eyes fell onto her best friend's belly, and although she couldn't make out anything apparent, what she said was enough to send her into a spiral of negative thoughts.

- Yong? - She said uncertainly, not really knowing what to ask or comment on her statement. Yong just looked away from her.

- Inside Korea Town there is a small park behind the building you're staying in. I'll be there at midnight if you want to talk more. - Yong stopped, then sighed. She looked at Byulyi again with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. - Let's go, the kids are waiting. 

For the first time, Byulyi wasn't soothed by the feeling of Yongsun's hand intertwine with hers.

*

- We should have plenty of time while waiting for the orders. Now tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter