Chapter two

Purple Heart 💜

Chanty POV

 Chanty took a hot shower but it didn't stop the shivering. Desperate for warmth, she dressed in a pair of jeans and a warm jumper, her black silked hair hanging damp and loose to her shoulders. .

Her head throbbed from crying and outside the wind had picked up. The sky was grey and threatening and the news casted more snow on the way..

Still shivering, Chanty walked down the kitchen to make herself a hot chocolate drink. The news about  Yue  had left her feeling raw and vulnerable.. She'd cared..

And so badly she wanted Yue to care.. Not that it changed anything at all. Which meant more questions..

Chanty was debating whether to go up the spare bunker and close the door when she heard a key in at the door moments later Yue walked into the kitchen. 

Yue: "It's freezing out there and as for the wind.."

Yue gave a shudder that more eloquently describe views on the weather than her words did .

Yue: "They where planning fireworks on New Years Eve but they won't be able to do that if this wind keeps up."

Chanty found herself unable to ignore the curve of and then at pale complexion of her cheeks . Lingering up to her sharp gaze, searching for that mutual responses.. Her heart started pumping hard and Yue closed her eyes briefly like everything felt sentimental yet so confused. 

Suddenly full of memories, many of them were good and sweet yet chaotic.. She always thought they would always live together..

Chanty was so aware of Yuebe gazes as if they could speak that it felt like it was always comfortable.. It was insane.. 

Yue's eyes didn't leave hers 

Chanty: "Go and lie on the sofa.. I'll bring you something.."

Relieved to out some space between them, Chanty poured for two cups and moved slowly behind the sofa and handed a cup..

Yue: "Thank you" 

Yue took it gratefully and then closed her eyes as she leaned her head against the back of the sofa..

A response to tension that wouldn't take that long to linger..

Chanty sat beside her and the next thing felt so easy.. Calm flow of thoughts not anger took flow into her..  Instinctively she moved her hand gently sliding in between their fingers..

Chanty: "Why are you leaving me?"

Even though it was just a few days ago Yue had ignored her and left her wondering..