1/1

be my last minute valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, why did you want to hang out? Not that I'm complaining! But you never come over voluntarily... and not at this hour."

Hyukjae raised his head and gave Donghae an offended look as he heard the word 'voluntarily', even though he knew it was completely true. He continued to stare into the cup of coffee Donghae had made for him. The younger watched, trying to guess what was going on in his friend's head.

"Yeah... I just felt like coming over." He shrugged his shoulders, eyes roaming over Donghae's sparkly clean kitchen. They'd sat here at the counter for more than five minutes now and Donghae came to realize that Hyukjae wouldn't tell him the real reason for his visit any time soon. But it was fine. After spending more than half of their lifes with eachother, Donghae knew when it was a hopeless case to get words out of Hyukjae's mouth. If something really bothered him, he would tell him in his own time.

Donghae smiled affectionately at Hyukjae. "Well, in any case it's nice to have some company today. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit lonely." The brunette absentmindedly played with the spoon in his cup. "Everyone already had plans and even Donghwa had a date, can you believe that?" Hyukjae's eyes widened for a second after hearing that, but regained his composure quickly to smack his friend on the shoulder. "Hey, Donghwa is a handsome dude, what's with the disbelief?" Donghae chuckled mischievously and Hyukjae felt his heart swell hearing his favourite sound. Suddenly, Donghae turned towards Hyukjae with a quizzical look on his face, like he remembered something. "Weren't you supposed to be out with friends for dinner today?" Hyukjae sat completely still for a moment, until he regained his composure. "It just ended a bit earlier. They also had plans and stuff..."


The truth was, Hyukjae had been silently moping to himself until his friend, West, had had enough and basically kicked him out of their booth, telling him to stop being a coward and finally do what Hyukjae obviously longed to do all day. That's how Hyukjae had found himself walking all the way to this place, to spend the rest of valentine's day with Donghae.

It had been 11 p.m. and Donghae had already been dressed in his comfy pajamas as he opened the door for him, hair still wet from a shower he took earlier. The brunette had tilted his head with a small smile on his lips, surprised at the visit, but had opened the door wider to let Hyukjae in without asking any questions. And so they sat here, drinking coffee in pleasant but unusual silence.


Donghae was done with his cup and looked around for something they could do.

"Hyukjae, should we watch-", "The reason I'm here-"

They stared at eachother, with mouths agape but Donghae's brain worked faster this time, because he recovered himself quickly and said, "You first." before Hyukjae could change his mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter