I Don't Want To Fall In Love Alone

Fall In Love Alone

You tossed and turn, fidgeting around the bed, looking for your phone that was ringing.

When you finally got it, you squinted your eyes as the bright light illuminating from your phone was the first thing you saw.

You quickly put it back on your bedside desk when you realized who was calling you, not bothered to use your energy to talk with anyone at 8 in the morning, especially on a Saturday.

'Wait how come that punk is awake this early?' you suddenly thought as you shot your eyes open and sat up, grabbing your phone again and saw a missed call from none other than your longtime friend Heeseung.

While double checking your phone, your phone rang again as you immediately answered.

"Why the hell are you up so early" you immediately asked as the other person in the line bursted out laughing. "Why do you sound so worried?" he answered while chuckling as you felt that again, the same feeling you've been having eversince you can't remember when. You quickly dismissed it as you sighed "Why are you up at 8am? It's a miracle" you asked calmly this time as he paused for a while before replying back. "Well, I was supposed to be out with Beomgyu today, but he backed out cause he's sick, was wondering if you're not doing anything today we could...go together instead?" "Well, where were you two supposed to go?" "He just got us free tickets to this convention, which is an hour away from here, the event is at 11am and I have the tickets with me" "Is it another gaming convention?" you blankly asked as there was a long pause again after that. "Yeah, come on let's go! I'll pay for our lunch in return of you coming with me" you sighed and gave up, tempted to go now as he will be treating lunch. "Only because there's food, I'll go" Heeseung laughed "I'll pick you up in an hour" he said and you ended the call as you quickly got up and went to get ready.

"I thought you were planning on sleeping the whole day?" your sister said once she saw you got out of your room completely changed and ready to go out. "I'm going out with Heeseung" "Alright, have fun with your boyfriend" she said as you rolled your eyes at her and she just smirked at you. Your phone suddenly vibrated as you checked it and saw a message from Heeseung 'I'm just waiting here outside' . "Tell your boyfriend I said hi!" your sister shouted when you were about to leave as you just rolled your eyes again and left the house.

As you went out of your building, you immediately saw Heeseung standing with his back turned to you as you smirked, wanting to surprise him. You slowly went up behind him about to scare him as he immediately turned around and scared you instead. "Come on, I won't fall for that trick anymore" he laughed and you put your hands on your chest "Were you that scared?" he said again as you glared at him and he patted your head. "Whatever" you said and walked ahead as you could hear him laughing again, making you feel those butterflies again, but you ignored them as he caught up with you. "Come on~ are you that mad?" "Is this what you do to someone who agreed to go out with you early in the morning?" you joked as he smiled. "Hey don't blame me, I immediately knew it was you from those footsteps" he said as you just nodded, internally screaming with what he had just said.

The both of you got at the bus stop on time and sat together. You were just looking at the scenery outside as you sat near the window, then all of a sudden you felt a weight on your shoulders. You turned and realized that Heeseung put his head on your shoulders, wanting to probably take a nap. Not wanting to wake him up, you just sat still throughout the bus ride. You would frequently check whether he has woken up, but everytime you did that you felt it again, so you switched your attention and watched the scenery again.

"Heeseung ah, we're almost there, wake up" you said as he slowly got up and groggily looked at his surroundings then at you. You smiled at how cute he looked as you patted his head and chuckled, still feeling your heart flutter. At this point, you started questioning yourself when did Heeseung not make your heart flutter. As soon as you thought of that he leaned and hugged you like a teddy bear "I'm still sleepy~" he said as you froze, not knowing what to do as he has never hugged you like this before. Nevertheless, knowing that he is just half awake, you soon unfroze and looked at him, his head buried on your left shoulder.

"And I thought you really wanted to go to that gaming convention" you said as he slowly let go of you and sat properly. "Let's go sleepyhead we're here" you said, stood up and held his hand to drag him out of the bus before it leaves the stop. 

At the convention, you were being dragged by Heeseung most of the time, introducing you about everything that was in there. Despite not knowing much about gaming, you were fascinated at everything that was in there, but at the same time you were fascinated at how Heeseung was very enthusiastic at introducing you with everything and showing you things that he really liked.

"NO WAYYYY" you suddenly said and Heeseung immediately went near you. "They have the latest Kirby game!" you said and pointed it to him. You may not know much about gaming but you love playing Kirby and Super Mario with your Nintendo Switch, the only games that you can ever play.

"Isn't that the one you've been looking for a while?" he asked as you aggressively nodded and you immediately took it. He was just smiling at you, which confused you. "What?" you said as he chuckled and shook his head, confused, you just left him to pay for the game. "Why is she so cute?" he thought and smiled as he watched you line up to pay.

"Let's go and have lunch now" Heeseung said once you finished paying. "Not until you tell me why you were laughing at me, was it funny I wanted to buy the game I've been wanting-" Heeseung cut you off as he held your hand. "You were just cute" he smiled and the both of you left the convention hand-in-hand. You didn't know what to say or do after he said that and you felt your cheeks heating up and the butterflies creeping in your stomach for the nth time. You looked at your hand that was holding Heeseung's, not knowing what to do if you should let go or leave it.

While you were having this dilemma, he looked at you as you immediately looked to the other side and blushed. The butterflies were too much and now you were wondering what does he really think of you, if he was just playing with you or if he does really like you back too. You immediately let go of his hand as Heeseung suddenly looked at you, confused why you let go of his hand. "Let's eat here!" you said and looked at him with a fake smile as you went in. "Oh y-yeah sure" he said and followed behind.

As you both sat down, he sensed the change of mood from you as you just hid your face with the menu. He sighed as he looked at the menu as well "Hey you know they serve great udon here-" "Hi! I would like a Beef Udon with Coke" you interrupted as you said your order to the waiter that came to your table. "Oh I'll have the same as well" Heeseung said as the waiter bowed to the both of you and walked away.

You two stayed silent while waiting for the food. You felt Heeseung staring at you as you were just using your phone instead, not wanting to talk with him to distract you from your thoughts and feelings towards him. On the other hand, Heeseung was internally panicking, wondering if he actually scared you with what he just did, he internally slapped himself as he was stupid to let his intrusive thoughts take over in the convention. 'Of course she will be scared stupid' he thought as he wanted to say something but was interrupted by the food that just came.

You two ate in silence as you suddenly felt guilty not talking to him, so you decided to break the ice that you have created yourself. "The udon is really good" you awkwardly said as Heeseung's face lit up when he heard your voice. "Yeah! It's really good here, their stir fried udon is as good too" he looked at you as you just nodded and focused on your food, not wanting to look at him and feel those butterflies again.

After the meal, you and Heeseung headed out and was just walking. "Thanks for the lunch" you said and finally looked at him as he looked back at you and smiled. "No, thanks for coming, I-I'm sorry with what happened earlier, probably scared you a bit there huh?" he said trying to be nonchalant about it as you just turned and started walking again.

"Hey, I'm sorry really" he said as he caught up and held your arm to make you look back at him as he was surprised to see you getting a bit teary eyed.

"Alright, I'll go home now if you'll excuse me" you said as you quickly ran away from him. 'You idiot why do you want to cry, you'll look more like an idiot' you thought as you wiped your tears that were about to fall and held it in. You soon stopped running to catch your breath as you stopped at a park that was nearby.

"Gotcha!" someone said and backhugged you as you froze, knowing who it was, and suddenly the butterflies came back. "Who knew you could run that fast" Heeseung said in between breaths as he turned you around, his arms still around you. You looked up at him and all of a sudden the tears finally came. Heeseung immediately hugged you as you cried in his embrace, not caring about the butterflies anymore. "There there" he cooed as he lightly patted your back and stopped until you calmed down.

You quickly turned around and took your tissue that was in your bag and wiped your tears, not wanting to face your crush looking like a trainwreck. You took the courage as you finally looked back at him smiling at you.

"What do you really want Hee?" you suddenly said as you were waiting for a response from him, but he did not give any so you continued. "I'm going to sound like an idiot but I already acted like an idiot just a while ago" you chuckled. "So what do you really want from me Heeseung? Are you just playing with me? I don't know how to feel anymore, it's too much already, I know that we're friends and all, but I can't take it anymore and don't want to go through this alone anymore, falling in love alone" you said and immediately looked down, waiting for his rejection as he just went closer to you.

"You idiot" he said and you looked up at him. "I have been sending you signals too but all this time, I thought you were ignoring them" he chuckled as the butterflies crept around your stomach again. "And don't worry, you're not the only one feeling that as I'm feeling the same way too" he smiled and hugged you tightly. "I don't want no one else but you" he said as you hugged him back, your questions answered.

"And you're still beautiful after crying a while ago" he said as he let go of the hug and you slapped his arm. "I hate you" "I love you too" he said as you got taken aback, pretending not to have heard that and started walking away. He held your hand and interlocked your fingers with his this time.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Took a while for me to finish this but, hope you enjoyed reading this oneshot!

See you in the next one :)