Chapter 5

Love and Fame

Jungkook's POV :

It was the end of the afternoon and I had a 15 minutes break after having trained for 2 hours with Jimin and Hoseok. Namjoon and Yoongi were composing for our new album and Jin was working his singing skills. Taehyung left in the early afternoon without telling us where he was going, even though I guessed. Yesterday night, in the car, he only talked about Yoohyeon, how nice, incredible, pretty and badass she was. He was already so hooked. So he probably went to see her.

I was really happy he became friend with her, he was so fan. Plus, Yoohyeon was a way to forget his daily stress and have fun without worrying about the fans or our manager. But I couldn't help but feel a little worried. He was going to spend a lot of time with her and a lot less with me and that thought saddened me.

As I was thinking, I entered in the resting room and sat on one of the sofa and turned the TV on. At this hour, "The Show" was broadcasted and they were about to announce the winner of this week. The competitors of today were DKZ, Epex and... Dreamcatcher? Taehyung probably new it and went to cheer them on.

On by one, their scores were shown and, with only 14 points of difference, Dreamcatcher won, one more time. Taehyung must have been proud of them, their second win after 5 years of hard work. Even I was happy for them and caught myself smiling as the results were announced. Well, I couldn't blame myself for that, Yoohyeon was so nice and endearing, I was happy for her. Plus, her reading her speech on her hand reminded me how fun she was. If she was like this, her members must have been cool too and I was getting excited to meet all of them myself.

"They are really talented. I just saw their music video "Maison" and I really liked it." Namjoon said, standing at the entrance. I didn't hear him coming, that scared me.

"Yes, they are for sure." I answered. "Moreover, they just won their second win after 5 years, that's so cool!"

"It is! And after 5 years you said? Wow, they are so brave for not giving up! I admire them a lot for that!"

His words made me so happy, he could see how hard-working and passionate they were. If he likes them, maybe our two groups could become friends, who knows? And, maybe like for Taehyung, it could help us to forget for a moment all of this pressure?

"You know what?" He added, sitting next to me on the sofa and fixing the screen. After some seconds looking at the TV, he admitted "They make me think of us."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When we had our first win, with "I need you". Before that time, we thought that we were nobody and it was frustrating not to win anything when we gave our best. And after that, we felt like flying, like we could achieve anything. We found back this hope we had when we were trainees, this hope to become incredible singers, famous everywhere, all around the world. And look where we are today. We had more than 450 wins, were nominated at the Grammys twice and sang with international artist." He explained. "Maybe this little group who just won their first win after 5 years will do better than us. Who knows?"

"Yes, who knows?" I repeated. When he said this, I realized once again how lucky I was to have a leader like him. He was so caring, so supportive. When we felt down, he comforted us, he motivated us every day and fought for us when he needed to. I had the best leader, that was for sure, and for nothing in the world I would change him for another.

As we were talking, Hoseok knocked at the door.

"Hey guys, sorry to bother you but manager Minho wants to speak to us. We have to go to the meeting room now."

Namjoon and I shared a confused look before standing up to follow Hoseok.

**********

We quickly arrived in the meeting room and took our seats, wondering what the meeting was about. Manager Minho followed us with a file in his hands and took place at the end of the table.

"Taehyung is not here right now but it's okay." He started. "I know how stressed you are with your future comeback and you solo activities so I thought about something. what did you love to do recently?"

I didn't know what he was talking about and, seeing the other's expression, them neither.

"Sleep." Yoongi said out of nowhere.

We all burst into laughter, including our manager. Although he loved to compose and rap, his greatest passion was to sleep.

"That was a good one." Manager Minho said, still laughing. "But I was talking about your professional life."

"The tour?" Namjoon asked.

"Exactly!" Our manager confirmed. "This contact with your fans, hearing them screaming your names and singing with you, enjoying your time on stage. You liked that, right?"

"Of course!" We all answered together.

"So, what about meeting them again... at the K-pop Flex?"

The K-pop Flex, one of the biggest K-pop festival ever. We would travel again, meet our fans and have a great time with other Idols. We all started to have stars in our eyes, thinking how amazing it would be to participate to this festival.

"You're seriously telling us that we will be part of this festival?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes." He affirmed with a smile, seeing how happy we were. "I thought that giving you the opportunity to have normal activities with others groups could make you feel better. What do you think?"

"That's amazing, thank you so much!" Namjoon thanked him and we all did the same.

"But that's not all." He continued. "Did you see the collaboration between Enhypen and TXT?"

"Of course! They did really good!" Hoseok answered.

"Yes, they did, and they had more that 11 million views on YouTube!" Our manager explained. "Today, collaboration between artists or groups is really popular so I thought it would be a good idea for you to do something with one of the artists of the K-pop Flex."

He opened his file and took out some profiles of it. On each profile, there were pictures of the artists or the members of the group with basic information like name, date of birth, and nationality and also their specialties and position. He gave us the papers and went on with his explanation.

"Here are the different artists who will be present at the festival. I will let you choose, but don't forget, you have to choose a group that will bring you something, they should not be the only ones to benefit from this collaboration." He added before leaving the room.

"So maybe we should start." Namjoon started. "Any suggestions?"

"Maybe first, we can decide what we want to show. Like we could do a collaboration with Kai, to show the power of the K-pop male of the 3th gen or with (G)I-dle or Mamamoo to deliver a y performance." Yoongi suggested.

"I think we would have a bigger impact with a y choreography with girls." Jin stated. "Like, look at the performance between Yoona and Yunho or the collaboration between HyunA and Hyunseung for "Trouble Maker". It will always be iconic."

"Yes, you are right." Jimin agreed. "So, if we choose a girl group, we have the choice between, (G)I-dle, Mamamoo, Ive and Dreamcatcher, right? But, to be honest I don't see myself dance a y choreography with teenagers..."

"Yes, me neither..." I joined him. He was right, they were really popular but the oldest was only 19 years old, people would probably call us erts and es and that was the last thing I wanted. "So, it means we have the choice between (G)I-dle, Mamamoo and Dreamcatcher. But personally, I would choose Dreamcatcher." I added, almost whispering the last sentence, I was a bit scared of their reaction. After all, they were the less popular between the three and they had a really unique music style. But I really liked their music and they looked really nice. Plus, I knew Taehyung would have said the same thing so I was also speaking for him.

"I agree with Jungkook." Namjoon joined me. "They recently won their second win and are gaining in popularity. Moreover, they are more in the rock style so it would be the occasion to show to the public that we can really fit to any genre. Finally, they are 7 members of our age so it's perfect. What do you think?"

I was speechless. He has only been interested in them since yesterday and he already believed in them so much. He gave a chance to all the people who deserved it and once again, he made me proud to stand by his side.

As I was observing the other's expression, Jimin's eyes widened as if he had a realization. He looked at me and mouthed "Taehyung Idol?". I nodded and a smile appeared on his face.

"Oh yes, Dreamcatcher. I saw them yesterday, they were really pretty!" He helped.

"I don't know... rock really?" Yoongi hesitated. Damn, we couldn't miss that opportunity to work with them, we had to convince him.

"What is it? Rock is really cool and it will make our performance even more iconic." I tried.

"I'm not sure, we would need maybe a sensual song and I know Mamamoo are really good with y performance."

"Dreamcatcher too!" Jimin yelled. "I mean... yeah Dreamcatcher can also do that." He repeated more quietly. "Wait let me show you."

He took his phone out and started to search something on internet. He put his phone in portrait mode and showed us "Red Sun" by the girls. I couldn't read Yoongi expression on his face and I starting to get scared. When the song stopped, Yoongi leaned back on his chair but Jimin wanted to show him the end of video, the bloopers. I never saw it so I watched the screen and I wasn't even surprise than half of the bloopers was on Yoohyeon, this girl was really something.

When the video finished, we all looked at Yoongi to know what he thought about it and he was smiling.

"And besides being funny, they are super talented and creative, they created themselves this choreography." Jimin added.

Yoongi was thinking for some seconds, seconds which felt like years. He looked at us, one by one and smiled, announcing:

"Dreamcatcher is a good choice."

**********

Jimin and I ran to find Manager Minho and tell him than we chose Dreamcatcher to collaborate with. After a hour or so, he came back to us.

"We called their agency and it really wasn't hard to convince them to collaborate with us. So, it's official, you will work with Dreamcatcher!"

 

 

**********

Hello everyone, here is the fifth chapter! For now, I will try to update twice a week because I already have 20 chapters written but it won't last for long I think lol.

Question of the chapter: which group introduced you to K-pop? For me it's BTS!

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading this story!