Just a Higher Place pt. 2

Running Man Story House
Memories are timeless              
               treasures of the Heart...
Sooyeon and Jongkook became close as the time goes. Mr. Choi doesn't mind that the two were being close and helping each other. It also warmed his heart to see Sooyeon smiling more vividly and getting someone to spend her time with. Winter wasn't friendly to them two in the vacation house. Sooyeon came more than 6 months before Jongkook did and she hasn't open up fully to Mr. Choi. Jongkook was a good addition to them.
"Sooyeon-i seemed more relax when you came." Mr. Choi said to Jongkook. "And you seemed more comfortable with her as time past."
"Sooyeon-i is a good person. She had been through a lot but she never take everything to heart. Although it affected her greatly." Jongkook said as they were doing the firewoods.
"The world had never been too cheerful for her. But look at her smiling."
"She said that smiling is the only thing we can do to this world. She can't get angry over the things she doesn't have control with. While I am the exact opposite."
Mr. Choi chuckled, "You deliberately said it, but you seemed to acknowledge your diference from the first night you came here."
"You also noticed it?"
"You are smiling and getting softer around Sooyeon."
"Because she takes good care of me, of us."
"She is someone we both don't expect in this life."
"By the way Mr. Choi-"
"I don't have any existing family." The old immediately said. "This place is not mine too to begin with. The old man left it for me. He said that I should keep this place for lost souls. I guess he was right."
Jongkook just smiled before looking at Sooyeon who was approaching them with a tray of warm drinks.
"Sooyeon-a," Jongkook called as they were walking in the snowy path around the mountain.
"Yes?"
"Aren't you going to visit the capital?"
"The city? Why? To check for Christmas?"
"I mean, isn't what people usually do at the countryside?"
"I grew up in the city. I know fully well what they do and how it looks like. Have you seen the city from the top?"
"I have done it once."
"With the woman?"
"Huh?"
"The woman who talked about before."
"Ahh."
"Do you miss her?"
"Not really. If you didn't talked about her I wouldn't remember."
"You see, things go slowly here in the mountain. Peacefully, we didn't recognized many things are flowing, even the time."
"I thought I am already here for a year." Jongkook chuckled and so as Sooyeon.
"You can stay here that much. Look at me, I am here for more than half a year now. Mr. Choi doesn't mind though. Maybe because he feels lonely too."
Jongkook sighed, "Don't you really have someone you wanted to see? I can go with you."
"Don't worry about me too much, Kim Jongkook-ssi. You should think about yourself too. Weren't you here because of someone else?"
"I'm fine now." Jongkook took Sooyeon's hand and hold it while they were walking, "As expected, you are getting cold."
"Not as cold as you." Sooyeon smiled and held Jongkook's hand tighter.
Jongkook and Sooyeon grew warm to each other. They go together everywhere which made Mr. Choi happy. Because the two lonely souls were together and making each others heart warm in the middle of winter, but he was also worried about Kim Jongkook.
At the city, Sooyeon and Jongkook decided to visit the Christmas market to buy some foods for the Christmas eve and gifts too. They enjoyed the day together. They eat a lot of different foods that they got to experience only for that day.
As they walk moreon the street looking for more things, Sooyeon suddenly stood frozen looking at someone.
"Sooyeon-a," Jongkook tried to call her, "Sooyeon-a? Cheon Sooyeon!"
When a man suddenly looked at their way, Sooyeon quickly pulled  Jongkook to hide. He doesn't understand anything that was happening back then. He just followed Sooyeon and everything she do. An hour or so, the 2 of them decided to go back to the mountain cabin.
Sooyeon was really silent that even Mr. Choi doesn't ask any question to her when they came back.
"Did something happened while you were at the city?" Mr. Choi asked Jongkook while they were sitting at the couch trying not to make Sooyeon hear them.
"I don't know too, ajussi." Jongkook answered. "She suddenly pulled me earlier to hide and then we walked around like we were stalkers. It seemed like she was trying to hide from someone. Ajussi, are you sure that she didn't said anything about anybody she left on the city?"
"She doesn't. Also, I didn't bothered to ask her too. But seeing her like that, I am getting goosebumps. She looked angry and anxious."
"You feel it too? She looks really scary right now."
That same night, Jongkook couldn't sleep thinking about Sooyeon and possibly the person that made her felt that way in the city. If he was right, it was a man. A talk and handsome man who seemed to be with a woman. A pregnant woman at that. Jongkook was thinking might be the person to Sooyeon.
Couldn't contain his curiousity, Jongkook then tried to look for Sooyeon around the house. Only one place he knew he didn't check yet, the barn house. He then went there and found Sooyeon lying in the corner upon the hay. She was covered by a wool sheet.
"What are you doin here?" Jongkook askes before he sat down beside Sooyeon. "You have your room upstairs. Is it more cozy here?"
"To the heart, yes." Sooyeon's blatant answer surprised Jongkook. "When you are feeling cold, you won't feel empty because you know you are not alone."
"But you are not alone. I am here. Mr. Choi is with us too."
"I know."
"Then why are you here alone?"
"I just don't want to bother you and ajussi."
"You are not bothering us."
"Kim Jongkook-ssi-"
"Hm?"
"If you will see her again, what will you do?"
"Who? Ahh, that person?" Sooyeon nodded, "I don't know. Thinking about it, I'm not ready to face her again. But it would be wishful thinking that I can evade her at this time."
"Ahh, that's understandable."
Jongkook found this time a perfect chance to ask about the man they saw at the city, "Sooyeon-a, who is he?"
"He? Who? Ahh, the one I was desperate to hide from?" Jongkook nodded, "He was my ex-lover."
"Ex-lover? Boyfriend?"
"No. You see, he have someone with him, right? That woman was his wife."
"Did he got married after you left him? He probably have her while the two of you were still together."
"Jongkook-i," Sooyeon then sat up, "He was laready married when I met him and I turned a blind eye to it just to become his mistress."
Jongkook was surprised for the blatant honesty coming from Sooyeon. She was serious. She was telling the truth. He doesn't know what he should say that moment. Still, Sooyeon continued to tell the story of her life like it was the most natural thing she should do that moment.
"I met Insung-a when I was working in a hotel in Seoul. I was the attendant in his room. It happened like a magic that time. I met him because I was too careless of not knocking at the door before coming in. I saw him half and we are both surprised. He said sorry. He approached me gently. He stayed at that hotel for almost 2 months. Within that time I fell for him. He said he felt the same. I was so blinded I didn't even ask him if he have someone or not. I just wanted him for me that led me to that mess.
We made it work. He tried his best to accomodate my demands as his lover. Until one day, a woman came to my apartment. She was his wife. She was asking for me to leave her husband. But what can I do? I love Insung so much. I didn't stop. I din't listen to her pleading. Until I saw her bleeding in front of me as she cries. Jongkook-a, she was pregnant."
Jongkook looked at her with mixed feelings.
"I'm despicable, right? How could I be so selfish to do whatever I want and deprive that woman of the rightful thing she owns? I am the one who doesn't have any right over him, yet I am fighting like I don't have a choice. I laughed to myself. I came with her to the hospital. I called him. I told him everything. He doesn't know what he should do."
"How the hell he doesn't know what to do? He created that mess from the very moment he led you on. He shouldn't do something like that if he can't handle the consequences."
"Would anyone in his situation be ready to any consequences? We are both tempted to do it."
"So, he is the real reason you are here?"
"I have to leave. I have to leave because Insung doesn't want to let go. I have to do the decision because he was so soft for me."
"You don't deserve someond like him." Jongkook looked at Sooyeon with burning eyes. He was mad. He was really agitated just by thinking how the man didn't manned enough to let go of a woman he hurt the most.