five.

love bites.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That next night, Ayaka woke up in her bed in a cold sweat. Her body was shaking like no tomorrow. 

She had a nightmare.

That nightmare was like the ones she has always had. But this time, that vampire who tried to kill her a month ago came back and broke into her apartment to try again. But that time, Nina was not there to protect her.

She felt relieved that it was just a nightmare, but she was still very scared. 

In a slight panic, Ayaka got out of her bed and went to look for Nina. Once she stepped out of her bedroom, she spotted the vampire hybrid, sitting on the couch watching some sort of drama on the TV.

As soon as she noticed Ayaka, she quickly reached for the remote and paused what she was watching. Just by the look on Ayaka's face, she knew something was wrong.

"W-What's the matter, Ayaka?" Nina asked, her own eyes widening with concern.

"N-Nina... oh, thank goodness," Ayaka's voice trembled along with her body. "I-I just had a nightmare."

"Oh..." Nina frowned. "I'm sorry, Ayaka."

"I should be used to them by now..." Ayaka sighed, hugging herself with her own arms. "C-Can you stay in my bed with me?"

Nina was clearly stunned by this sudden question. Ayaka noticed her blush a little. She wondered if she had feelings for her too.

"O-Oh... well, I..." Nina began, sounding nervous. "I-I'd love to, Ayaka."

Despite the guilt eating at her, Nina still loved Ayaka.

"Don't get too excited," Ayaka managed to let out a laugh. "I-I just need to know you're there to protect me..." she began. "If a vampire broke in, you would be able to protect me... right?"

Nina wasn't sure how to answer. 

She knew that she was only able to defeat that vampire that one time due to the element of surprise, which is hard to pull off. She knew that if she had to face another vampire in a fight normally, she would definitely get destroyed by them. She just got lucky that one time.

But, she desperately wanted Ayaka to feel safe near her. Especially when Nina thought about what she did a year ago. She needed to be able to continue her friendship with Ayaka.

"Of course," Nina got up off the couch and walked over to Ayaka. For the first time other than a hug or holding hands, Nina rested her hands against Ayaka. In attempt to help her relax, she gently placed her hands on her waist. 

Then, they hugged once again.

I promise, Rima. I'll take good care of her. Nina thought in her head as she held Ayaka close.

After a few seconds, they let go.

"Let's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter