Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Lucas, summer time means surfing, partying and more surfing. Maybe that’s why summer is his favourite season of the year. “Dude, this is crazy!” He exclaims loudly as he watches his half brother, Minho, go through a barrel wave. His wet hair flying in the wind, his lips curl into a smile as he manages to come out of the barrel wave successfully.

 

“That was actually crazy.” Minho admits as he gets closer to Lucas who is waiting by the line up, anticipating a wave. It hasn’t been long since their summer vacation started but they both are already pretty tanned, Lucas thinks as he stares at his brother who squints his eyes as he looks far away into the sea. “That’s a good wave.”

 

Lucas' eyes move back to the sea when Minho taps on his thigh. He stares at it for a moment before submerging his board under the water to do a duckdive on the approaching wave but fails miserably and gets over the breaking wave.

 

Soon he comes to the surface feeling like his ears are clogged. Minho is laughing like a hyena when Lucas paddles back towards his brother, water dripping down from everywhere, face scrunched up due to sun rays attacking his eyes. “Ha. Ha. Very funny.”

 

Lucas’ deadpan voice only makes Minho laugh harder. “Oh, you’re just jealous cause I got to ride a barrel wave.”

 

“Yeah right.” He scoffs and tilts his head to get sea water out of his ear. “I’m gonna grab a drink. You stay here and ride all the waves you want, you dehydrated .” Lucas turns around to paddle back to the beach, deliberately splashing water on Minho, just to annoy the heck out of him.

 

The older boy shakes his head and watches Lucas leave. “.”

 

He shortly walks to the juice bar by the beach and sits on one of the tall stools. “Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” He says to the blond boy, Taemin, who is carelessly wiping a glass while his mind and eyes are completely and very obviously occupied by the surfer boy named Minho.

 

A little startled, Taemin puts the glass on the counter and tears his gaze back to Lucas. “Thanks for the heart attack.” He says, very unimpressed.

 

Lucas chuckles. “Hyung, I waited like two minutes for you to stop eye ing my brother and notice me—”

 

Taemin cuts him off brutally. “Okay, Lucas. What do you want?”

 

He shrugs with a smirk. “A lemon soda would be nice.”

 

“On it.” Taemin grabs a glass as he puts on a half smile.

 

“So, are you guys coming to Taeyong’s party tonight?” Lucas asks as he rests his arms on the counter top.

 

Taemin pauses and dramatically looks behind him. “You guys?” Lucas rolls his eyes and groans, making Taemin chuckle.

 

“You and your brother, duh!”

 

“I know you just wanna know if Jungwoo’s coming.” Taemin smirks and wiggles his eyebrows.

 

The younger boy sighs. “Okay, is he coming?”

 

Taemin pours the mixed drink into a glass. “Yeah, why not? He alwaysabsjaks…”

 

Lucas isn’t surprised when Taemin suddenly reduces into a mumbling mess. He looks over his shoulder to find Minho walking on the beach with his surfboard under his right arm, his hair dripping water down his bare chest, flashing his perfect teeth to passers by. It’s a miracle that Taemin is still standing straight. Lucas watches Minho’s gaze moving to Taemin and the boy looks away quickly, pretending to put a straw in the drink.

 

“Don’t drool on my soda, please.” Lucas complains.

 

“Shut up, idiot.” Taemin mutters. “You’re insane.”

 

Lucas huffs out a laugh. “I’m insane?” He asks before taking a sip. “Hyung, you haven’t even added ice to this thing.”

 

“Oh my god! Give me a break. Here, have it all.” Taemin pours too many ice cubes into the glass ignoring Lucas’ protests. “ me, he’s coming this way.”

 

The younger boy makes a weird face. “Nah, I’d rather choose your brother for that.”

 

Taemin stares at him in disgust. “What—” but doesn’t get to finish his sentence as Minho stands in front of him.

 

“Hey, Taemin.” He greets. Taemin’s smile seems to grow impossibly wide. It’s like Lucas can see his ears lifting up. Minho sits down next to his brother before playing with Lucas’ hair.

 

“W-what are you drinking?” The blond boy manages to blurt out.

 

“Any recommendations?” Minho asks.

 

Lucas slurps his drink as he watches the pair. “Well, my personal favourite is the avocado smoothie.” Taemin says, softly.

 

Minho’s eyes light up. “That’s my favourite too.”

 

“Oh my god, we should get married.” Taemin lets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter