(Sinta, ito na talaga)

For this love that's more than love (I can't wait to marry you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Three years ago, same- marriage was finally legalized in the Philippines.

 

Jennie and Jisoo have been waiting for it. Eventually, some of their friends got married within the year that it was legalized.

 

Except Jennie and Jisoo.

 

In spite of the playful incessant questioning of their best friends and families, they chose not to. At least, not during those times. 

 

Ano nga ba ang hinihintay nina Jennie at Jisoo?

 

They’ve already been living together for almost fifteen years and they have a wonderful five-year-old daughter who’s currently attending pre-K and has been asking lots of questions about almost everything she hears, watches or learns.

 

Kind of like what’s happening now.

 

“Mommy, Mama, Rina said that her parents have two rings each when her parents got married. Why do you two only have one each?” Winter innocently asks, comfortably tucked between her loving parents’ arms on their plush sofa as they watch one of Winter’s favorite movies, Frozen.

 

Jennie lightly tapped Jisoo’s arm, the latter nodded, she’s the one who’s gonna answer their child.

 

“Kasi engaged pa lang kami ng Mommy mo. We’re still not married yet, princess.” Jisoo booped her daughter’s nose before patting her head.

 

Winter gave them a puzzled look.

 

“Why not?” 

 

Jennie sighed, still caressing their daughter’s hair. 

 

“You can ask your Mama about it, baby. She’s the one who doesn’t want to get married yet.” 

 

Jennie laughed out loud when Winter stood, crossing her arms and glaring at her Mama Jisoo.

 

“Mama! You don’t want to marry Mommy?” 

 

“Why??” Winter asks, her eyebrows furrowed in an adorable manner.

 

Jisoo lets out an exaggerated sigh, playfully glaring at the love of her life before turning to their daughter.

 

“That’s not true, anak. I want to marry your Mommy. I made her a promise that we’ll marry each other on the beach.” Jisoo shares, chuckling when she sees Jennie rolling her eyes.

 

Feeling satisfied with her Mama’s answer, Winter sat on Jisoo’s lap. Jisoo moved closer to Jennie. 

 

“Sinta ko, parang may gusto kang sabihin?” Jisoo asks, her eyes filled with mirth. 

 

Jennie lightly pinched Jisoo’s side, the latter yelping in surprise.

 

“Nagtatanong lang naman ako!” Jisoo laughs. 

 

“Right. I’ve been hearing that since last year.” Jennie commented, crossing her arms. 

 

Winter giggled, looking back and forth between her mothers. 

 

“Nangako ako sa’yo, sinta ko. Hayaan mo naman akong tuparin ‘yon.” Jisoo softly stated, wrapping her arms around Jennie, engulfing the three of them in a bear hug.

 

“Fine..but Sinta, I’d marry you anywhere,”  Jennie whispers. 

 

”Kahit sa Manila Bay pa ‘yan.”

 

“Alam ko. Ako rin naman, Sinta,”  Jisoo replies, her heart bursting with love and adoration for the love of her life. “Pero tutuparin ko ‘yong pangako ko. Iyong pangako natin.” 

 

“Mama, marry Mommy already. I want to be a fairy!” Winter excitedly squeals, making the two laugh.

 

“Your wish is my command, Princess! I’ll tell you if you can be a fairy when I marry your Mommy.” Jisoo promises.

 

“Tomorrow?” Winter asks, looking hopeful.

 

Jisoo looked at Jennie helplessly, while the latter was giggling at her daughter’s quips. 

 

“She’s definitely my daughter,” Jennie grins. 

 

“Sinta ko, our daughter. Wag mo namang solohin.” Jisoo laughs when Jennie sticks her tongue out at her before turning to their daughter.

 

“Sweetie, patience. Your Mama and I will talk about it, okay?” 
 

“Okay, Mommy.” 

 

Winter nods, adorably yawning. That was the cue between her mommies to carry her to her room.

 

“Let’s go take a nap, Princess. Let’s turn you into a fairy soon.” Jisoo whispers to a sleepy Winter in her arms.

 

“Paasa.” Jennie whispers behind them.

 

“Sinta, narinig ko ‘yon.” 

 

“Panindigan mo ‘yan, Sinta. Marry me already.” 

 

“Pinanindigan naman kita.” 

 

Jisoo lets out a soft chuckle, careful not to wake their princess. 

 

Jennie could imagine the teasing smile her partner has as the latter tucks Winter in. She couldn’t help but smile at the sight before her. Of how Jisoo becomes extra sweet and tender whenever she’s with their daughter. Her heart swells with joy and pride knowing that she has a family with Jisoo and Winter.

 

Her high school best friend and sweetheart eventually became her endgame. She really couldn’t ask for more.

 

Except for that beach wedding, maybe.

 

Pero sa totoo lang, kahit gaano pa siya katagal maghintay at hayaan ang sinta niya na matupad ang pangako nila sa isa’t isa ay ayos lamang sa kanya. Basta si Jisoo ang una’t huli niya.

Si Jisoo na hindi nakakalimot sa lahat ng mga paborito niya o mga kwento niya sa ilang taon nilang pagkakaibigan at 

pagsasama.

 

Si Jisoo na walang sawang naghihintay sa kanya at gumigising sa kanya kapag male-late siya sa trabaho. Si Jisoo na palaging nakaalalay at patuloy siyang minamahal at inaalagaan.

 

At tila mas lalo niyang naipakita kung gaano siya nito kamahal noong dumating si Winter sa buhay nila.

 

Jennie will undoubtedly marry Jisoo. Anywhere, anytime. As long as she gets to be with Jisoo and their precious daughter. She got really lucky with Jisoo. 

 

Her Sinta.

 

Jennie didn’t even realize Jisoo was already in front of her, looking at her in amusement.

 

“What?” 

 

“Parang ang lalim ng iniisip mo, Sinta ko.” 

 

Jennie takes Jisoo’s hand, tugging her outside so they could close Winter’s bedroom door. She guided her love back to the living room.

 

“Let’s watch something and cuddle. Sinta quality time. My turn.” Jennie says. Letting Jisoo sit on their sofa while she snuggles closer to her. 

 

Jisoo hummed softly, tapping Jennie’s back, as if rocking her big baby to sleep. 

 

They’re already in their 30’s and a lot may have changed yet there are still parts of them which remained the same. 

 

Parang pagmamahal niya kay Jennie. 

 

Throughout the years, it never wavered. It may have changed in a way that it only grew stronger.

 

Jennie, her best friend and love of her life since high school. 

 

Her first and last.

 

Jennie, who never left and continued to love and choose her every single day even when they’ve had their worst and tough days as a couple. Jennie, who never fails to shower her and their daughter so much love, adoration and affection.

 

Jisoo still remembers when they told their families and friends about them.

 

They weren’t surprised—which left her and Jennie shell-shocked with their reactions. To think that during those times, they were so scared, nervous yet still confident enough about their shared love and connection.

 

When they admitted their blossoming friendship and relationship to their families and friends, they received easy smiles and knowing grins as if they knew all along. Of course, Jennie and Jisoo were fully aware of how lucky they are when it comes to the genuine acceptance and support they received from their families—-they wouldn’t want to take that for granted as they hope others would experience the same unconditional love and support like they did. 

 

Even Jisoo’s paternal grandmother told them that if it’s possible to have a match made in earth and heaven, it’s them. 

 

Jisoo will never forget that because she agrees. She’s sure there’s no one who could be her Sinta unless it’s Jennie.

 

She couldn’t even imagine her life without Jennie in it and their adorable daughter. 

 

She’ll definitely marry her Sinta.

 

It took her so long but it’s finally gonna happen. 

 

Alam naman niya na kahit saan sila magpakasal ay ayos lang rito, pero gusto niyang  matupad ang pangako nila na kung magpapakasal sila, gusto niya sana na ito ay iyong pangarap at plano nila noong una pa lang.

 

Jennie loves beaches. And Jisoo, seeing how it makes her Sinta happy whenever they would spend their vacations at some beaches or islands that Jennie would dreamily talk about made her appreciate and love it too. Kahit pa hindi siya marunong lumangoy, sapat na makita na niya si Jennie na masayang nagtatampisaw sa dagat, lalo na doong dumating si Winter sa buhay nila.

 

Jisoo sighs, her heart filling with joy and contentment.

 

How did she get so lucky?

 

“Sinta?” Jennie calls her, making Jisoo look at her and break away from her delightful daydream. 

 

“Yes, Sinta?”

 

“Do you really mean that?” 

 

“Ang alin?” Jisoo hums, gently caressing Jennie’s hair.

 

“Iyong sinabi mo kay Winter.” Jennie mumbles, feeling a bit sleepy. She always feels so relaxed and comfortable when she’s in Jisoo’s arms.

 

The two aren’t even paying attention to the movie that Jennie had chosen. Their focus was on each other as they enjoyed each other’s warmth and presence.

 

“Lagi naman akong seryoso sa’yo.” Jisoo lightly stated, swooning over Jennie who looked so adorable all cuddled up against her.

 

Jennie hums.

 

“I want to marry you, Sinta.” 

 

“I’d really want to marry you too, Sinta ko.” Jisoo kisses Jennie’s forehead, pulling her closer.

 

“Soon.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

A week later

 

“Anong plano mo? Tuloy na talaga this year?” Lisa asks, who couldn’t hide her excitement for her best friends.

 

“Oo. Siguradong sigurado na.” Jisoo replies, smiling widely. 

 

“Magsabi ka lang kung kailangan mo ng tulong. Naka-ready kami!” Wendy adds, tapping her friend’s shoulders.

 

“Sa wakas! Ang tagal rin naming hinintay ‘to para sa inyo.” Seulgi exclaims.

 

“Salamat. Asahan ko kayo doon ha.” Jisoo chuckles, feeling grateful that she has supportive friends who have stuck with her and Jennie throughout the years.

 

Her friends nodded in confirmation.

 

“Teka ano ba ang balak mo at kailan?” Wendy asks.

 

Jisoo grins. 

 

They all huddled closer as they listened carefully about Jisoo’s plans so their significant others wouldn’t hear it since they were all gathered at Chaeyoung and Lisa’s home, one of their traditions throughout the years.

 

They really can’t wait for it.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

“Mars, may date na kayo?” Chaeyoung asks, obviously teasing Jennie.

 

Jennie, in return, threw a tissue at her best friend.

 

“Chaeyoung, inaasar mo na naman si Jennie.” Irene shakes her head, amused at the two.

 

“I’m just asking, Irene. Baka mamaya kasal na pala sila tapos hindi natin alam.”

 

Chaeyoung laughs as she dodges another tissue that Jennie threw at her.

 

“You’re so annoying.” Jennie glares at her while they’re preparing some foods in the kitchen that their significant others will grill at Chaeyoung and Lisa’s backyard. 

 

“Jen? Hindi ba nababanggit mo na parang nagpaparamdam sa’yo si Jisoo na malapit na?” Irene asks, giving a warning look at Chaeyoung who immediately makes a gesture that she’s zipping her lips.

 

“Yeah. Jisoo mentions it a lot whenever Winter asks her about it.” Jennie agrees.

 

“Do you think it’s gonna be this year?” Chaeyoung asks.

 

“Honestly, I don’t have an idea,” Jennie shrugs, “Married or not, Jisoo is and will always be my endgame.”

 

“You’re really whipped.” Chaeyoung teases. She couldn’t hide the smile and happiness she feels for her friends who are very much in love with each other.

 

“Akala mo ikaw hindi.” 

 

Jennie rolls her eyes.

 

Irene laughs. She’s already used to hearing and witnessing her friends’ banters.

 

They’re just happy for Jennie and Jisoo. She remembered being confused at first why the two didn’t really decide to marry each other just yet even when the two had told them they were planning to when it was legalized in the Philippines a couple of years ago. 
 

For now, they’d just ask and tease them from time to time.

 

If Jisoo’s planning to marry Jennie and everything, she’s quite sure they will be there. 

 

____________________________________________________

 

Four days before D-Day

 

“Ate, huwag ka nang magtampo. Kailangan ko ng tulong mo.” paglalambing ni Jisoo sa Ate Taeyeon niya.

 

“I still can’t believe I’m the last one to know!” Taeyeon exclaims, pouting and crossing her arms.

 

They were lounging in Taeyeon's huge living room. Matagal nang balak makipagkita ni Jisoo sa Ate Taeyeon niya pero laging hindi magkatugma ang schedules nila. Inaasahan na rin ni Jisoo ang reaksyon ng ate niya pero wala naman siyang magagawa. She wants to personally inform her one and only older sister about her plans and request a favor from her. 

 

“Ate, syempre si Sinta ko ang huling makakaalam kasi siya talaga ‘yong isusurprise at–Ate naman!” Jisoo complains when Taeyeon throws a soft pillow from her couch, hitting her shoulder. Nagpapaliwanag lang naman siya!

 

“Ate, I really wanted you to know but our schedules wouldn’t match,” Jisoo sweetly explains.

 

“I want you to be there. I would appreciate your support too. You’re one of our ladies of honor. Kung gusto mong tanggapin, Ate.”

Taeyeon’s heart melts. Hindi naman talaga niya matitiis ang nag-iisa niyang kapatid. 

 

She’d definitely sponsor or cover her sister’s wedding’s expenses, if only Jisoo would allow her. She’s been offering to do that every year. That’s one of the reasons why they’d bicker from time to time. 

 

She likes spoiling Jisoo and her wonderful family. If only their parents and Jisoo didn’t warn her not to spoil her favorite niece, Winter would probably receive gifts everyday.

 

“Pabirong tampo lang naman ‘yon, baby Jis. I’m sorry my schedule's so messy that we only got to talk now,” Taeyeon apologized.

 

“Namiss ko kayo, baby Jis. Pati sina Jennie at Winter.”

 

“Okay lang, Ate. Namiss ka rin namin.” Jisoo nudged her, her arms wide open and of course, Taeyeon eagerly accepted. Namiss niyang lambingin ang bunso niyang kapatid.

 

“Before I ask you all the details, promise me something!”

 

“Ano ‘yon, Ate?” 

 

“Make me one of your wedding singers. I wanna sing at your wedding.” Taeyeon grins at her.

 

Jisoo beams.

 

“Ate! Best wedding gift ‘yon!” Jisoo tells her, “Iyon nga sana ang hihilingin ko sa’yo.”

 

“Baby Jis, of course I’ll sing for you and Jenjen.” Taeyeon pats her sister’s head.

 

“Besides, you have to let me cover some of the costs. I know you shouldered the budget and all but I’ll cover some. Bawal kang humindi.”

 

Jisoo shakes her head. Sabi na, hindi papayag ang Ate niya na wala itong sagutin.

 

“Wala naman akong magagawa, Ate..” Jisoo mumbles, scratching her neck.

 

“Good.” Taeyeon excitedly side-hugs her sister.

 

“By the way, when have you been planning this? Isn’t Jennie busy these days?” 

 

“I’ve been planning this since the night we proposed to each other, Ate.” Jisoo laughs.

 

“Jennie’s schedule for this month was taken care of two months ago. Thanks to Chaengie, Joy and Yerim.”

 

“How did you do that without Jennie noticing? You’re not really good at being subtle, Jisoo.” Taeyeon teases.

 

“Ate naman! Kaya ko kaya.” Jisoo pouts.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, shaking her head. No matter how old Jisoo gets, she will always remain her baby sister. 

 

“Sige na. Ikuwento mo na muna bago pa ako magtanong.” Taeyeon taps her sister’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter