The Way You Dance (One-shot)

The Way You Dance (One-shot)

 

 

The crowd were silent. They were like watching a scene from a movie on that moment. Hoyeon and Yoona were very curious on what was happening so they decided to take a peek. It involved the school’s Dancing Queen Yuri and an ordinary school girl. Just like Hyoyeon and Yoona, Eunhyuk and Donghae just saw the happening.

 

“You think you’re prettier than me?? You think you’re on a higher level than me? You think you’re better than me?? Better than me in dancing??” Yuri shouted at the girl.

 

“No, Ms. Yuri” the girl told Yuri.

 

“No? No! so you think that you could just bump me??” Yuri scolded.

 

“Anio..  it was just an accident.. Mianhae Ms. Yuri!!” the girl was about to cry while speaking.

 

“Accident?? Kamsa hamnida it was just an accident!!.. what if I broke my arm?? How will I dance? Do you really think you can dance better than me so you bumped me, then I’ll broke my arm, then lastly, I couldn’t dance!!..” Yuri told her angrily.

 

“Anio..”The girl was already crying. Hyoyeon can’t take Yuri’s scolding on the girl anymore. So she interfere on their  ‘little misunderstanding’.

 

“Yuri, she said it! It was an accident. Its just a small hole and you’re trying to make it bigger!!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

 

“Wow! Hyoyeon. You only become a member of the Dance Society then you think you can talk to me like that!” Yuri told Hyoyeon.

 

“Its not that Yuri!!,, You’ve been knowned as the dancing queen or whatever because what? You’re just at good at dancing !... but good manners, do you have one? You’re only good to people who doesn’t messes with you!! Is that really a queen??” Hyoyeon said. She was indeed angry and what she said was the truth. But then, she noticed someone smiling at her after she spoke. She just ignored it.

 

Yuri was speechless  but she doesn’t want to get embarrass on a trash like Hyoyeon. She knew she was best at all.

 

“Whoa!!... So Hyoyeon,is that what you think. Believe what you believe at! And thank youfor the compliment!. I know I’m the best.” Yuri said.  “I won’t blame that girl anymore, unless you pay for it!!”

 

“Are you insane?? You’re just using your popularity to control people. But I’m not one of them! If only I’m popular like you, I won’t treat this ordinary people like how you treat them!” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Popular??.. how will you get popular, Hyo??” Yuri asked Hyoyeon.

 

“Aren’t you listening?? If only!!” Hyoyeon was indeed angry.

 

“Oh I know!!. You could pay her sin from me, if you beat me in a duel!!You and me compete for the title Dancing Queen..” Yuri spoke out.

 

“What?? Yuri, are you crazy??” Eunhyuk asked Yuri.

 

“Of course not Hyuk!! I’m serious. Because I know she can’t stole it from me!!..” Yuri told Eunhyuk in boast.

 

“You’re better?” Eunhyuk asked curiously. “She’s a member of the dance society, of course she’s good!!”

 

“But not great!!” Yuri finished Eunhyuk’s sentence. “So Hyoyeon, are you on??”

 

“Bring it on!!” Hyoyeon said. Yuri smirked.

 

“So I guess, this is a duel between Hyoyeon and Yuri.  A dance duel between Yuri and Hyoyeon. Today is Monday, so  I guess the duel will be on Friday, 3 pm in the school ground.” Donghae announced. Everybody were excited about the upcoming duel.

 

“Hyo, are you serious about this?? Yuri can do something bad about you, even she wins or loses.” Yoona told Hyoyeon.

 

“I don’t know Yoong. My body spoke for myself. I don’t know why?” Hyoyeon told Yoona.

 

“Well alright Hyo. I wish you a good luck. I hope you win!! I know your better than her, the way you move since our kindergarten!! Remember??” Yoona complimented. Hyoyeon nodded as a sign that she remembers. Yoona leaved Hyoyeon because she’s going to be late in her first class, and its was far in their position. Hyoyeon was shocked when somebody touched her shoulder.

 

“I hope you win, Hyo. I know you’re a much better dancer than Yuri.”Eunhyuk told Hyoyeon.

 

“Thank you Hyuk. I do hope so.” Hyoyeon replied. Then Eunhyuk leaved.

 

 “I hope I win so I could be paired with you in couple dances.” Hyoyeon whispered.

 

“I Hope you win Hyo so you’ll be my partner in couple dances.” Eunhyuk whispered while leaving.

 

The next day

Hyoyeon and Yoona were busy talking when Yoona saw somethin ont he bullletin board.

“Look at this, Hyo” Yoona told Hyoyeon.

“No way!” Hyoyeon could only say those two words.

“You’re very beautiful,so beutiful in this poster Hyo!!” Yoona joked and at the sametime serious.

 

“Stop joking Yoona!” Hyoyeon told Yoona.

“You know what , Hyo? Yoona is right! You’re very beautiful in this poster, right Hae?” Eunhyuk told Hyoyeon and asked Donghae.

 

“You got that right Hyuk!! And Yoona is too.” Hae said.

 

“Is??” Yoona asking Donghae what he meant for the word is although she know what he meant.

 

“Is beautiful, duh!!” Donghae teased Yoona. Yoona blushed.

 

“Yah you two!!... stop being like that!!.. You’re like love birds.” Hyoyeon told Donghae and Yoona.

 

“Really??” Yoona and Donghae asked Hyoyeon in chorus.

 

“Ne!!.. I need to know who post this..” Hyoyeon said.

 

“I think its Yuri.” Eunhyuk said and the three looked at him. “Stop looking at me like that!!... I saw Yuri holding posters rolled yesterday..”

 

“She really want this duel bad!!” Hyoyeon said.

 

Friday, 2:45 pm

 

“This is it Hyo, 15 minutes to go.” Yoona comforted her bestfriend. “Don’t be nervous, ok?? I know you can do it!! Good luck.

 

“Thanks Yoong!!” hyoyeon thanked her bestfriend and hugged her.

 

“Good luck Hyo!!” Yuri told Hyoyeon then immediately leaved.

 

“Good luck Hyo!! Hope you win” Eunhyuk told Hyoyeon.

 

“Hope the same thing with Hyuk, Hyo!!” Donghae told Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon thanked the both of them.

 

3 pm. It was the time of the duel. Everyone were alredy in the school ground to sight the greatest duel ever happen in the school.

 

As the Dance Machine of the school, Eunhyuk has to host the event. He started the duel. Yuri danced on the dance floor first. Hyoyeon was next to her. The both of them did their very best while in the dance floor. Hyoyeon was a bit nervous at first but she remembered what her mom told her since she was a kid. ‘When you’re going to dance, don’t get nervous. You’re nervousness will let you down while dancing. I f you’re going to dance, just feel the rhythm and dance to every beat of the music. If you overcome your nervousness, you’ll be the best dancer of yourself that you never know how great you did.’ So Hyoyeon followed her mom’s advice and danced to every beat of the music.

 

The five rounds of the duel was over. The whole crowd has voted for the rightful dancing queen. And the result was...... Hyoyeon. Yoona jumped in joy. Donghae jumped with her. Yuri walked away crying.

 

“Congrats Hyo!!” Yoona and Donghae congratulated the new Dancung Queen.

 

“Thank you!!.. I couldn’t do it with out your help...”Hyoyeon told her friends.

 

“Uhm.. Hyo!”Eunhyuk called out for Hyoyeon. “C-c-congrats! and .....”

 

“Thank you Hyuk!!..  I won’t win with out you!” Hyoyeon told Eunhyuk and hugged him.

 

The next day, the day was back to normal except for the new dancing queen.

 

“Yoong, Hae why are you both crying?? Something happened?”Hyoyeon asked Yoona and Donghae.

 

“Nothing really, actually.. we’re half disappointed..” Yoona said.

 

“...and half happy” Donghae continued.

 

“Waeyo??” Hyoyeon asked thinking that they’re disappointed because she won in the duel.

 

“Happy because Yoona is finally mine!!” Donghae said proudly.

 

“And disappointed because Eunhyuk oppa promised us after the duel, whether you win or lose he will tell you that he likes you!!” Yoona cried out loud.

 

“Oh! Really??” Hyoyeon was shocked and flattered at the same time. Then suddenly, Eunhyuk popped out from nowhere.

 

“Yoong, Hae!! Stop acting like that!” Eunhyuk told the two.

 

“is that true oppa??” Hyoyeon asked Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk just strared at her. “So, are we going to stare at each other the whole time?? So guys, should I force him??”

 

“What?? What do you mean? Do you mean that you like me back?” Eunhyuk was still confused. Hyoyeon nodded. Eunhyuk jumped in joy.

 

“Uhm... Hyoyeon,, saranghae.. I just love the way you dance” Eunhyuk told Hyoyeon.

 

“Saranghae, Hyuk!” hyoyeon told Eunhyuk and the moment was ended when Eunhyuk’s lips touched Hyoyeon’s.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I hope I've given you a nice fanfic!!