Bound

Bound
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 


I wish for him to love me.
I wish for him to love me.
I wish for him to love me.

My master, granting life and love is beyond me.

If you cannot grant my wish, then I wish you are lost in a place no living creature can reach.
I wish your home traps and torments you.
I wish for your heartbreak.

 

 

It had been hundreds of years. Perhaps, thousands. Time passed the way sand slipped through fingers.

Kibum.

He wrote his name on the wet mud below his feet. He was trapped in a cage built in the unknown depths of his home. Dark, greasy waters surrounded him and there wasn't much he could see except the silhouettes of his apostles that were now his captors. He had forged them from pieces of his shadow. They were a part of him like his entire home was. His prison was a part of him too. Dark and cold. A stark contrast to the radiant surface he reigned over. Golden sand sparkled in the light of the satellites that changed hues and shapes at his whim. 

It was beautiful.

But now the memory of it was faint. 

Kibum.
Kibum.
Kibum.

"I heard Djinns change their name and appearance with time and place..." 

Kibum turned around at the soft voice that resounded in the prison he could see no end of. It was a voice he had not heard for lifetimes but it was one he had engraved in memory to last him all the lifetimes he was destined to live.

"...but yours have remained the same."

There was a splatter and then another. Someone was walking through–on–the water that surrounded him. The water threatened to pull him to torturous depths if he were to cross the threshold of his cage. Darkness always deepened when Kibum fought it. Thus, all he could see was a silhouette. 

"I wish…" The soft voice began and Kibum finally looked at his wrists. They had circled his wrists yet again–the golden bands of servitude. 

"I wish for you to be free of this entrapment."

The bones that imprisoned his body cracked and fell to pieces. The bars of his cage vanished. The water around him grew tranquil and reflected the light seeping from the crevices of the walls he could now finally see.

Please log in to read the full chapter