PART II

Voodooing My Way To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Attention personnel! This is a fire alarm. Evacuate the buildings as soon as possible and gather at the evacuation point. I repeat this is not a drill."

 

No way! No way, no how! For the sake of Christ! Her fantasy moment had gone up in flames – literally.

 

“I'm a fire warden, I’d better run,” he said. "Are you going to be okay?"

 

"Yes, I am also a warden. Gotta get these people to safety,” she responded with feigned enthusiasm. If hearing that sentence's conclusion meant witnessing everyone burn to crispy critters, she would not care. We could go…? Get married? Have beautiful babies? Make lurve under the stars?

 

She fought the urge to press her lips against his. As an alternative, she went outside to get her red hard hat and lead the cattle to safety. They had been at their evacuation position for a few minutes when she suddenly recalled the dolls.

 

She dashed back to her office to get her handbag. She would risk her life to rescue those voodoo dolls. They had a lengthy talk that had clearly progressed toward some sort of proposal, so they were obviously making progress. Hopefully, a filthy, proposition requiring the exchange of body fluids. Jongkook was also connected to the doll, as proven by his scarred hand. She had no choice but to save the dolls.

 

"Ma’am, I am sorry, but no one is allowed to enter the building," the young corporal explained.

 

“But it’s my bag. It’s important,” Jihyo argued, striving to break through the six-foot-four wall of muscle.

 

“I apologize, ma'am. CO’s orders.”

 

“But I have to go in there. It really is a matter of life and death!” She tried to woo him with her curves; she thought her bum was amazing, but her s provided fast admission at nightclub doors. They were so wonderful they appeared to be fake. But he refused to give in.

 

Instead, she took off her sunglasses and displayed the same air of dominance she had when speaking with senior personnel. Damn it, he still did not budge. Jongkook would self-ignite if the dolls caught fire. Since she created the doll and connected it to Jongkook, it would be entirely her fault. She had to take the doll out of the building.

 

“Please! You do not understand." She attempted to squeeze by him, but she was about a foot shorter and lacked any athletic prowess, so there was no way she could get through.

 

"Ma'am, you are not permitted to enter the building. If you do not return to your evacuation area, I will have the Military Police remove you off base.” He extended his legs wider and held his gun in a commanding manner. There was not any chance. She would have to find another method.

 

"Fine, okay," she said, her hands indicating submission. !

 

Because the front door was guarded, she would have to crawl by way of a window instead. It was her obligation to make sure Jongkook did not end up like those dolls. For the love of God, they are made of crappy felt. He will go up in flames like tissue paper.

 

For the first time, she regretted purchasing the dolls.

 

Since the building's side was unsecured, she slithered in through her office window, landed on the ground, and fractured her elbow. She did not mind the discomfort since the dolls had fallen out of her bag, off the table, and into the bin, which had a scent of smoke coming out of it.

 

No! Jongkook’s on fire!

 

Without giving a thought to the possibility of getting burned, she plunged in. The most important thing was to save Jongkook. She carefully pulled the dolls out. The binding were slightly burned, and Jongkook was burning with his right forearm on fire. She smacked the doll against the wall and doused the small flame under her shoe. She then removed the fire extinguisher from the wall and killed the little fire in her workplace. Once it was gone, she took her bag, crept out the window, and met up with her coworkers.

 

She caught a glimpse of Jongkook and a medical professional as they attended to a burn on his right forearm.

 

Holy crap, my God! No way. She rushed to reach him.

 

"What happened? Are you all right?" she sputtered. Clearly, watching others go through three times a week of PT did not make her fit by osmosis.

 

"All is well, yes. Just a little head trauma and a tiny burn. As I was leaving, I stumbled against the wall. What a goofball."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter