Here, you idiot!

Two - Trick Pony

 

He clears his throat, once, twice. He his lips and his eyes scan the room. A few people sititing on their seats, thankfully tonight is not a full house or it will be impossible for him to find the person he's looking for, despite the stage lights blinding him - Jonghyun squints and sighs.
 
He's not here.
 
He strums his guitar and the words and soulful melody follows immediately. He sings through his heart but his mind is clearly elsewhere. Even with his eyes closed, he pictures the dimly-lit room, and wonders if he opens them, he'll find him.
 
2 sets and an hour & a half later, Jonghyun finds himself sitting by the bar, pouring himself a shot of tequila before ordering another glass. "You okay there, buddy?"
 
Jonghyun looks at the guy beside him, his toothy smile assures him that whatever happens he'll listen, but the singer opted not to talk, "I'm fine."
 
"Dont believe him Onew-kins. He's just being the sappy lovesick puppy he's been for the last few months." Key adds in as he wipes some of the wine glasses dry.
 
"...I'm not. Mind your business, Key."
 
"I do mind. It's my job as a bartender to listen to your woes as you drown yourself in alcohol."
 
"I'm moving on, so let's not talk about him."
 
"No you're not moving on." Jonghyun turns around to see their youngest member, and drummer, whip his hair sideways then sits beside Jonghyun. He signals Key for a drink only to be disappointed with an orange juice given to him.
 
"... He's coming back." Jonghyun whispers under his breath. 
 
"Stop hanging onto him. He's not coming back. There's nothing to hold on to. Forget him and move on." Onew tells him and pats his back.
 
"I cant. Onew - hyung. I cant..." Jonghyun's voice breaks and tears start flowing from his eyes.
 
Key refills Jonghyun's drink while Taemin pats his hyung's back. Onew sighs, they all thought Jonghyun's getting better. Singing in the bar more often now than before, and can even joke around alittle about his lover at times but then, Jonghyun ends up a crying mess after. 
 
"You can move on, hyung. We're here for you." Taemin tells him for the nth time, Jonghyun nods, "I know, but without him, i really cant see the road ahead. It's too dark."
 
"We'll bring flashlights, Jjong. No worries." Key smiles, Jonghyun wipes his face and smiles.
 
"I know you all will." Jonghyun jumps off the chair, "I'm gonna step out for a while. I need some air." He walks away, stumbling a little, "I'm gonna go after him. He's a bit drunk." Onew tells the other two and then jumps off the chair as well.
 
Jonghyun smells the night air, the streets are empty with a few speeding cars occassionally parring by him. "Shame on you. You didn't watch me tonight. Tonight's one of my best set ever." He curses under his breath as he looks down on the road and kicks off some small stones off the pavement.
 
"Jonghyun!" 
 
Jonghyun looks up, then right and left to see no one he recognizes call out his name.
 
"Here, you idiot!"
 
Jonghyun looks across and he sees him smiling at him. He wipes his eyes to see if he's hallucinating but he's not. 
 
"M... Minho!" He calls out and runs across the street.
 
"JONGHYUN STOP!" Onew calls out, a little too late for the singer to hear.
 
Screams of passerbys echo the silent street, Key and Taemin rushes out of the bar to check the commotion only to see Onew cradling a blood soaked Jonghyun in his arms, "JONGHYUN!" Key screams and runs to the scene. Taemin, even in complete and utter shock, manages to call an ambulance.
 
"Jonghyun, wake up, you idiot..." Onew's crying as he tries to shake Jonghyun awake.
 
"Where's the driver!?!?" Key asks with tears streaming down his face, Onew shakes his head. 
 
"He sped away... It was too fast Key..." Onew whispers as he tries to suppress his tears.
 
An ambulance comes and inspects Jonghyun, after a few while the rescuer looks at Onew, "I'm sorry..."
 
"What do you mean you're sorry?!" Key screams, Taemin hugs the bartender.
 
"Your friend is gone. We'll take him now."
 
"We're coming. We're the only family he has now." Onew tells the man, the rescuer nods.
 
After boarding Jonghyun's body to the ambulance, the three takes the ride to the hospital in silence with the tears and sniffles.
 
"At... at least they're together now..." Taemin breaks the silence, Key cries more as he hugs the maknae beside him.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
Author's Notes: The ending felt so rushed, sorry. I actually dont have a lot of time to write, so this is a bit fail. I missed writing JongHo so here they are. Sorry about the twist of the story i guess?