Full

Full

Headline—Girls’ Generation’s Center Yoona gained weight? Fans and netizens have something to say...

 

‘Having this comeback, sure it was expected to be back to spotlight once again and people will be scrutinizing everyone like a hawk, but in this day and age really people should know better than to talk about someone’s body...’ Yuri huffed as she blew a stray hair out of her face as she concentrated on slicing her ingredients on the dish she is making. She couldn’t look so different than the person on screen on a group photo, all dazzling and chic, as SNSD’s comeback made waves and headlines again on the telly. Hair in a messy bun, round glasses sliding down the tip of her nose, oversized t-shirt with an apron on top and her fluffy slippers, even when she’s cooking for her YT channel, she would’ve still look different as night and day.

For the past year the members and her has been seeing each other more frequently than the past three to four years combined. When before they only meet each other in person during special occasions and holidays, these days they meet up almost every week, from meetings to photoshoots, shooting and sometimes just to have a break. They still have other commitments on their own personal careers but they’ve learned to make time. This is what this comeback is about, making time for the ones you love.

As Yuri finally put all of her ingredients in and she is just waiting until it’s done simmering, she looked around her kitchen and sighed at the mess. It looks fun when you are shooting and then there are people to help you clean up afterwards, but when you are cooking at home, sometimes Yuri thinks it’s not worth the hassle, specially with her tight schedule.

She grumbled as she wiped the marble countertop and tried to reason with her aching body why she’s doing this in the first place.

“Unnie, I want to eat pho.”

She woke up this morning and this is the first message that caught her eye. Aside from all the various messages from managers, the SNSD group chat, producers, this is what woke her up the most. She looked at the clock and contemplated, she has the ingredients at home, and she has approximately 2.5 hours before she leaves for the first schedule of the day. No matter how her body complains, she couldn’t deny this someone anything.

Yuri tasted her pho and smiled. This is the taste she is aiming for. Her eyes twinkled as she packed the food and the side dishes. After this, she has to take a shower and get ready like the flash because her manager is picking her up in half an hour. Oh, what a rush!

*

“Yoona, do you want to have lunch with us? We are ordering pizza?”  A head popped in the room where Yoona was reading her script. Her tummy grumbled, she skipped breakfast and had a packet of nuts this morning. She looked at her phone once more but no new messages arrived and she is slowly losing hope.

“No thank you. I’ll join you guys’ next time.” She smiled and looked down again, hoping her hungry eyes didn’t betray her.

“Oh, how nice it must be to have a personal chef, I envy you Yoona.” The male lead chuckled as he walked away, waving Yoona goodbye.

Yoona pouted, is she really going to have a hot meal for lunch today or is she deluding herself?

For a year now since the members have started seeing each other more regularly again, she has non-stop teased and guilt-tripped poor Yuri-unnie for not cooking for her more often. The soft-hearted girl had given in all the time, nearly feeding Yoona everyday and with her every whim.

‘I think I benefited from Yuri’s cooking the most.’

Yoona grinned at the thought. When she guested at Yuri’s YT show, she witnessed Yuri’s passion for cooking. The passion that she has seen before during practice and stage performance has now taken a new form. The seriousness on Yuri’s face when she is focused on something is always a sight that tugs on Yoona’s heart. When they were children, they were dreamers. That was the look that urged Yoona not to give up during hard training days and the warm smile that follows after, melts Yoona’s heart afterwards.

Yoona’s reminiscing was cut short when her stomach growled again for attention.

‘Aish this is what you get Yoona for always bothering Yuri. Should I just eat cup noodles…’

She stood up to get her emergency stash in her bag. She was rummaging for her food when the door opened.

“Yoona-yah, eat this now while it’s hot.”

Her voice cut through the gloomy cloud hanging in Yoona’s mind.

Yoona spun around so fast; Yuri couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. How many times has she seen this in their lifetime, Yoona so busy with everything that is happening in the world, everyone and everything wanting her attention, but one call from Yuri and here she is stumbling and tripping so hard to get to her.

Yoona stood there looking at Yuri, nearly teary-eyed and with the biggest pout on her face.

‘This big baby.’ Yuri chuckled and walked towards the table and started setting up Yoona’s lunch. She was nearly done but when she glanced back to where Yoona was, the girl was still there, pouting her life away.

She sighed and walked towards the girl. She pinched the pouting face and gave her a hug. That seemed to relax Yoona back to reality and stopped her from being rooted to the ground, as she now walked with Yuri guiding her by the hand towards the table.

“I thought you weren’t coming.” Yoona whined but her tone of voice quickly changed to glee as she spotted her lunch. HER lunch, especially made for her. She smiled at the thought.

“How could I not when the great Im Yoona requested this herself.” Yuri answered with as much enthusiasm she can gather. “Come on, eat now Yoong, the food’s getting cold.”

“Eat with me?” Yoona said as she was getting ready to devour everything.

“I can’t right now, they’re waiting for me outside. Speaking of…” Yuri said as her phone beeped, a message from her manager saying they’re leaving in ten minutes.

Yoona pouted.

“I’ll watch you eat instead.” Yuri said and smiled at Yoona, signalling it’s okay to eat without her.

“How long until you go?” Yoona asked as she started her meal.

“Ten minutes.”

“I’ll walk you back to the car.” Yoona beamed.

“No no no, finish your food first.” Yuri said but when she looked at Yoona’s face she was met with her smug expression.

“I’ll be finished before then.”

Yuri just facepalmed herself as she watched in horror and amusement as Yoona, SNSD’s center and respected actress, inhaled the food she took hours to make in mere minutes.

*

“Ah here’s the chef, no wonder Yoona now looks so content.” Yoona’s partner in the drama smiled as the pair walked towards the exit.

“I wonder if we will ever get to taste your cooking Yuri-ssi.” The director chimed in.

“Soon guys when we are all free, it’s a promise.” Yuri smiled and waved goodbye, earning loud cheers from Yoona’s co-workers.

*

“Unnie, you don’t have to do that you know.” Yoona said quietly as they were walking back to the car.

“They take good care of you Yoong, that’s the least that I can do to thank them.” Yuri smiled so warmly Yoona’s heart felt like it was about to burst.

As Yoona waved goodbye and watched as Yuri’s car drove away, she took a deep breath to stop her eyes from watering. How can she be so lucky? Mere minutes of time spent together was like a warm, tight embrace and now, she can feel the loneliness seep in again.

*

Later that night, after a full day of filming, Yoona’s next schedule was dance practice with the members until early morning. It’s a blessing that her filming is not until later in the afternoon the next day.

“Yoona-yah, I envy you.” Sooyoung said as nearly everyone broke out into Taeyeon’s hit song.

“Why?” Yoona said as she posed purposely to tease Sooyoung, she knows exactly what she was going to say.

“Tell me how you did it, gain weight.” Sooyoung nagged as they were sat on the couch waiting for their turn. Yuri and Hyoyeon sat in between them two shikshin.

“It’s a secret.” Yoona laughed as she watched Sooyoung puffed. Sooyoung obviously knows the reason but she has been trying to get Yuri to cook for her as well. Yoona just don’t want to bite into the bait and share Yuri.

Yuri looked at Yoona with a quizzical look as the deer pulled her close.

‘You’re mine.’

*

 

There’s a saying “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. This is simply a fact with Im Yoona. The thing about it is that, someone managed to snatch her heart even when they couldn’t cook to save their life.

It started when they were training, when they go out to eat with the girls, Yuri will always pick the best parts of the dish and give it to her. Whenever she does, Yoona will always say “Unnie, saranghae.” And Yuri will always smile back.

Years and years have passed one day they were guesting at a show and Yuri was feeding Yoona a piece of chicken. While the camera pans away, Yoona whispers to Yuri, “Unnie, saranghae.” Yuri smiled warmly at Yoona and continued feeding her.

Later that night, the two of them were eating ramen and Yuri picked out Yoona’s favourite toppings and put it on her bowl. Once again, without fail, Yoona said, “Unnie, saranghae.”

This time, Yuri looked at Yoona deeply into her eyes. For Yoona, it felt like for the first time in years Yuri heard her and the message finally got through to her. Yoona smiled and looked back into Yuri’s questioning eyes. So, she finally made the leap, after all these years, she was fine with no answer but this time she wants to know; and she wants Yuri to know.

“Unnie, saranghae.” She reached out her hand halfway, wanting to hold Yuri’s hand.

Yuri smiled warmly and held out her hand to meet Yoona’s hand in a tight hold.

“Nado saranghae Yoong.”

*

After their dance practice, Yoona and Yuri were laid in bed waiting for sleep to come.

“Unnie, saranghae.” Yoona whispered, she was laid on her side, facing Yuri, her right hand draped across Yuri’s flat stomach.

“Im Yoona, are you hungry?” Yuri asked incredulously as she shifted her body to face Yoona.

Yoona chuckled and hugged Yuri tighter burying Yuri’s face to her chest and smelling Yuri’s hair. Moments like these are hard to come by with busy schedules always in the way, but when they do get the chance, the butterflies never seem to go away. No matter how old they get, it is always like the first time and she can feel herself fall deeper and harder in love.

Yuri pulled away and looked at Yoona seriously.

“Are you hungry? I can cook something for you.” Yuri’s voice was soft and a music to Yoona’s ears. She tucked Yoona’s hair to her ear as she waited for a response.

Yoona shook her head gently as she couldn’t stop a blush from blooming on her face.

“Is this what our relationship is? Revolves around me feeding you?” Yuri teased and Yoona let out a laugh.

“Well, you did learn how to cook in the end, so might as well.” Yoona said smugly, earning a puff from Yuri.

“Oh, you thought I learned to cook for you?”

“But who else honey?” Yoona asked kissing Yuri’s forehead in the process. “Isn’t it the wife who stays at home and cook for her husband while the husband is working?”

“So, you’re working for me?” Yuri said, twirling Yoona’s hair.

Yoona always loved it when Yuri plays with her hair.

“Yes of course honey.” She sighed in bliss as she closed her eyes.

“So, can I use your money to buy everything I want?” Yoona was too distracted and probably wasn’t listening properly as she nodded her head yes.

“Is that a, yes?” Yuri whispered huskily into Yoona’s ear; who was drifting to some kind of a trance.

“Yes, honey, anything.” Yoona whispered as she tried to lean closer to kiss Yuri’s lips.

“YESSSS! You can’t take that back anymore!” Yuri practically screamed aloud, jolting Yoona wide awake and scratching her head. What just happened?

Yuri now has bounced out of their bed and ran out of their bedroom.

Yoona sat up dumbfounded wondering what happened. Just now they were enjoying their sweet company and she was hoping to get some kisses and who knows maybe more before sleep. But that is out of the equation now as Yuri is no longer beside her.

Yuri came back just as Yoona was starting to yawn from sleepiness.

“Thanks, jagiya.” Yuri said as she kissed Yoona’s cheek, and returned to Yoona’s side.

“For what?” Yoona narrowed her eyes on the girl who tackled her back to lie down.

“I called our contractor, he was fast asleep bless him, but I couldn’t let this opportunity slide! He will call you back in the morning so you better keep a look out on your phone.” Yuri said as she hugged Yoona tightly.

“What did you tell him?” Yoona asked, her brain trying to come up with an answer as Yuri doesn’t look like she was going to answer soon.

“Hmmm.” Yuri said as she kissed Yoona’s lips.

“Honey?” Yoona asked again as Yuri straddled her and kissed her neck. As she started to enjoy the moment, she gave a silent prayer for her bank account. Yuri is not the type to ask for anything but when she does, let’s just say that’s why Yoona never stopped working.

*

SNSD is back on practice late at night when an overly excited Kwon Yuri waltzed into the practice room bragging to the members that she’s getting the best kitchen installed and she’s shopping for the new appliances that’s going to compliment her new setup. While the other members get excited for her and crowding over to look at her phone where the layout was, Yoona was sat on the floor calculating in her brain how much more CF and dramas she has to film to pay for all that. But she took one look on Yuri’s happy face made her break out into a smile and join the girls, taking her place beside Yuri and holding on to her free hand.

‘Anything for you unnie.’

*

Headline---Netizens Think Girls’ Generation’s Yoona Is In Her Legendary Visual Phase After Gaining Weight

 

Yoona was scrolling through the article when she felt arms around her neck and a familiar lovable scent invading her senses. She smiled as she put the phone down and hugged the arms around her.

“Sorry jagiya.” Yuri whispered as she burrowed her face into Yoona’s neck.

“Why?” Yoona asked amused. She wants to know exactly what was inside that wonderful head.

“So many things.” Yuri pouted. By this time Yoona who was sat on a swivel chair had already turned around and faced Yuri, patting her lap so Yuri was sat on her lap facing her.

“Like?” Yoona teased, sometimes Yuri hate explaining herself specially when Yoona was one who loves to for everything.

“Making you pay for the kitchen.” Yuri whispered and buried her face into Yoona’s neck in a hurry.

Yoona chuckled and the vibrations on Yoona’s neck made Yuri snuggle even closer.

“What else? You said many things.” Yoona prodded.

Yuri didn’t even have the willpower to look at Yoona’s face. With her nose on Yoona’s neck she whispered, “For making you gain weight.”

“Kwon Yuri, are you saying I’m fat?” Yoona said as she tried to pry Yuri’s face away from her neck so she can take a good look on her.

“Noooo.” Yuri protested cementing her face to its position making Yoona giggle.

“You know unnie for many years I have tried so much to gain weight. Even if I compete with Sooyoung unnie, no matter how much we ate I never gained any weight. We travelled around the world, I fell in love with so many cuisines and cultures, but I didn’t gain any weight.”

The sincerity in Yoona’s voice brought Yuri out of her hiding place and looked at Yoona intently.

“Then there you are, cooking all these meals for me. When I look at you cooking, spending time in the kitchen, making the most wonderful food for me, it makes my heart beat faster. When I get home, it’s either you welcoming me with a hug and a meal on the table set for two, or if you’re working there is always food waiting for me with a cute note from you.”

Yoona hugged Yuri tight.

“You see, it was never about the food unnie. It was you. Your love, your attention, your care for me; all these things nurtured me and made me feel whole. You have filled me with everything that I have ever longed for, long before I even knew I needed it.”

Yuri was speechless with the sudden declaration of love from Yoona. The girl was never the type to vocalize her feelings and emotions. At times like these when Yoona bares her heart to Yuri, Yuri can never stop herself but drown in the overwhelming love that Yoona has for her. She might not say it every day and every in every single thing, but she never failed to make her feel it.

Always.

“Unnie, saranghae.”

 

Fin.