I hate rain...

Rain...

 

I hate it when it’s raining. It reminds me of my brother’s death. On the day of his funeral, it rained too. Everything felt gloomy with me and the guests all in black attire. I always wondered why the attire for a funeral can’t be in colourful clothes. Black just seems so pathetic. That day I didn’t even shed a tear for him. People come and go and I don’t have the power to stop that.

 

Today, it is raining too. Right now, I am burying myself under the cover forcing myself to sleep so that I would not remember that tragic moment in my life.

 

While crying alone under the cover, suddenly the doorbell rings. I wanted to ignore it at first but the doorbell doesn’t want to shut up. Slowly I get up from my bed with hair in disarray and still wearing my PJ. I don’t even bother to make myself decent for the guest that is coming. I opened the door and…

 

“Ya! What took you so long these stuffs are heavy!” a man holding three heavy boxes greets me in front of the door.

“Uhmm…excuse me but who are you?” I ask.

 

The guy stands silent for a while and gently put the boxes down. He looks at the house number on my door. With an awkward smile he says “Hee… I must be at the wrong house. Sorry!”

 

I am just about to close the door when he suddenly asks “Excuse me for asking but are you okay miss?”

 

“None of your business.” I try to close the door but his strong hands prevent me from doing so. I don’t have the energy to fight with strangers and in the end I left the door open. That guy enters my house and starts looking around. I at the same time just lay on my back on the couch not bothering whatever he is doing.

 

“I’m Song Seung Hyun by the way!” he introduces himself in a cheerful manner. “My mum says if you feel blue a cup of tea always help” and with that he gives me a cup of tea. What the heck man! This is my own house and how dare he uses my kitchen. Despite all the rage that I feel for him, I still accept his offer.

 

Sipping the tea slowly really does make me feel a bit better. With a sweet smile he says “Now, do you feel better? If you have any problem you can just tell me. I’ll be next door.” Then, he stands up and makes his way to the door. Involuntarily my hand held on tight on his right wrist.

 

“Please don’t go.” I muttered.

 

Seung Hyun oblige to my request. He sits back down and as soon as he does that I start to spill everything that I feel. About my brother’s death and how I really hate rain. Seung Hyun listens in silent. He never interrupts me not even once. After I am done expressing all my heart content, he hugs me tightly.

 

In my ears he whispered “It’s okay. It’s okay. You can cry if you want to. My mum says if you want to cry just cry.”

 

Automatically my tears start to trickle down one by one. All those years I try hard not to cry but because of Seung Hyun my damp of tears ruptured. It took me quite a long time until I stop crying but Seung Hyun never leaves me.  He hugs me firmly whispering to me saying that everything is going to be okay.

 

Now I am the one feeling awkward in his tight embrace. “Thank you” I say to him.

 

“You’re welcome!” and with a sheepish smile he walks to the door. Before he left he planted a sweet kiss on my right cheek.

 

Scratching the back of his head, he says “Goodbye!”

 

I stand motionlessly in front of the door trying to digest what he just did. After a while, I blushed.

“Stupid Seung Hyun!”