adopted :)

caramel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A song to heal your soul while you read TVXQ - Why did I fall in love with you?

"Are you here to see me?"

Tilted your head up to cast a side glance at him, you began asking him random questions while bringing him to tour around the orphanage. Engrossed, tiny curiosity crept up in your chest as you waited patiently of his answer or an answer your ears wished to hear. Totally oblivious of your surrounding, never paid attention on anything else besides him that you accidentally walked into a wall. Halted hastily, heard a screech from your cheap sneakers, you gasped at his gesture. Letting out his deep chuckle, he rested his palm swiftly from his quick reflex and softly against your forehead so you wouldn't hit the wall, making your heart thundering so loudly in your chest. 

"Sweetheart, what else made you think I'm here?" 

Facing the wall for a moment, you were dumbstruck at how he could be so casual in saving you, initiating physical interaction (or you overreacted) that you riveted to him, staring at him with doe eyes, lips parted slightly. As you tried registering his question, you lowered your eyes and then back at him. 

"Huh?" 

"You're really adorable, sweetheart"

"The coat? You came to take back your coat?" you answered, unconsciously ignored what he said earlier. He bent over to reach the level of your height, placing the same palm on the top of your head, his face just inches apart.

"I have tons of them at home. Why would I come for the coat?" a smile broke across his lips, his dimples accentuated, locking his mesmerizing gaze with you that heat rose to your cheeks, wondering how come he could be so unfazed by the proximity that almost made you swoon. 

"Then?" voice was meek, you took a step back though his hand stilled on the top of your head but he took a step forward so that you would be near to him.

"I came to see you, Koo Ryeon" he replied, ran his hand through your hair that you fixated your innocent gaze at him, like how did he know your name? You remembered you never once exchanged your name with him yet.

"How did you know my name?" 

"I have my ways, sweetheart" he patted on your hair once more before he turned towards the sisters who came to greet Mr Jeong.

Holding your gaze at his back facing you, you thought about a lot of things, like the reason he came and the 'ways' he mentioned to learn about your name. As your mind clouded with thoughts, you couldn't help but to notice how broad his shoulder was, the back of his coat stretched, displaying the wide huggable shoulder when he moved his hands slightly, talking to the sisters.

He caught you staring at him from the back that he turned slightly, casting you a sidelong glance and then smiled to himself. Why is he being like this? Like so unnecessarily sweet?

 

 

"What is your name?" you asked as you settled down next to him on a step of stairs. He was sitting down now, done talking to the sisters earlier, donated around 10 trucks loaded and containing necessities including breads and sanitary napkins, things he thought you needed.

"Why?"

"You know my name, I should know yours too" that was a lame excuse, you were curious about him mostly.

"Jeong Jaehyun"

"Jeong Jaehyun.. Jeong Jaehyun... Jaehyun... Jae..hyun... Jae" you kept repeating his name in your mouth, trying to plant his name into your mind that he seemed like the happiest person on earth, the corner of his lips curved upwards as he stared off into the distance. 

"How old are you? Are you rich? Do you really own that building?" pointing your forefinger towards the skyscraper where you almost committed suicide, the one rooted in the middle of Seoul where it is visible to almost everyone who lives in Seoul.

"30, yes and yes" he replied, leaned back slightly to look at your reaction and you appeared exactly how he pictured. You were in awe of most things related to him but you wanted to ask one more question that had him raised his brows.

"Have you ever thought of adopting an orphan?" directed another question to him, he contemplated for a moment. That was when you realized the sunbeam falling across his face, highlighting his aesthetic feature that seemed to be out of this world. His jaw set but his gaze as well as his voice softened when he turned to you. 

"Why, sweetheart?"

"Usually people come and leave with a child here so I thought you might do the same. I am very hardworking and I do most of the house chores and cooking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter