Chapter two

Sweet Nightmare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the crack of dawn when we embarked towards the train station. Solely me and my mother and with one of our most reliable butlers and one maid as an assistant. Wonnie didn't turn tail last night. He wasn't going to attend us and stay back in Manchester, probably at one of his mate's residences. That was what worked me up the whole night.

"Young master, we are departing."

The hoarse sound of Leetuek disrupted my trail of thoughts.

"Sure, Leetuek. On my way."

Already stood up and headed toward the exit. Spun back for one last glance at the vacant house, I left. The servants queued up to bid their farewells one by one, even though there was no trace of the master of the household. And that was the termination of the first chapter of a twelve-year-old boy.

            The rest of the way was blurred. I wasn't able to catch up with the deeds until I took my seat on the train. My mother wasn't any better. Ruminated with the concept of being cheated on and sent away by his so-called spouse was not something to be omitted. The absence of Wonnie didn't help either. Averted my eyes from the gloomy scene, my thoughts wandered back to Wonnie and our memories. Good old days, to the time he brought me with him to the golf club. Recalling those pleasant moments, a faint smile plastered on my face.

            Ten hours into the journey, it felt like dropping off a horse. No matter how much I endured and bit my tongue not to nag, in the end, I busied myself with my half-r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter