It Doesn't Matter

Why Can't It Be?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm in the middle of writing my highschool AU fic when this came to me. Hope it would be good enough. Never edited this so sorry for any errors. :))



He saw him when he was 19. In the old library building of their university where daylight was almost non-existent. Where the only light that was illuminating the whole room came from rows of antique dusty chandelier with dim yellow lights which were dangerously swaying on the ceiling due to the air coming from the malfunctioning air conditioning system. His footsteps made the venerable floor boards squeak as he walked towards the rows of bookshelves that were made of aged wood but still the durability was outstanding to house hundreds of volumes of phased-out encyclopedias and obsolete dictionaries. The dry, musky and fruity scent of the perfume that he was wearing was enough to mask the smell of decomposing pages of old textbooks that were producing a pleasant earthy scent that enveloped the whole ancient hall.

He met him when he was a college freshman when he asked if he could share the old-fashioned table at the corner of the hall of archives were he was sitting and buried in books about foundation of architecture and mathematics references.

"Hi. Would you mind if we share table?" His husky voice overlapped the indistinct incomprehensible chatters around despite of silence.

The first interaction had been awkward because he couldn't help but marvel on the man's physiognomy. His almond-shaped eyes complemented his slightly angular face. Those sharp and pointed nose was so distinct that it would make those models who contoured their noses with make-up envious of how prettily his nose sit in the middle of his face. The smile that was gracing his plump and small lips was so beautiful that made him glow in that corner of that dimly-lit library.

"By the way, I'm Woohyun. First-year Fine Arts student."

Accepting the hand in front of him, shot a tingling feeling all throughout his system, making him drop the hand abruptly; because the overwhelming spark he felt was sending his heart into frenzy. "Sunggyu. First-year Architecture student."

Conversation about respective courses and subjects started over his forgotten books and papers because the chat was so good that he couldn't remember why he was there on the first place. The way Woohyun's red and kissable lips moved as he speak was so mesmerizing that it would make him speechless and stutter because his mind was in another world where that plump lips were pressed on his own. It didn't help that the heart that he was guarding for a very long time was beating in a chaotic rhythm and it was too fast and irregular to even calm down. And when he bid goodbye because he needed to go to class, the bright smile that he gave him was enough to give his ordinary, monotonous, black and white life painted with different vibrant colors of crayons you could find inside a Crayola box..

He met him when he was 19, a college freshman, in the old university library. Sunggyu entered the library calm and composed only to exit with his heart stolen by a man named Woohyun.
 


Love at first sight. He never believed on it. It was something that never made sense to him; not until he met Woohyun. Woohyun got his mind spinning into kaleidoscope of images of what would it be like if they were together. And that thought was leaving him in daze. The pictures in his mind ranged from simple holding hands to going out to dates until it extended to being married with adopted twins and a dog. Feeding his fantasies was making him feel like his intelligence quotient level declined from very superior intelligence to a definite feeble-mindedness. Woohyun got him head-over-heels on him without even trying or doing anything. It was making him borderline crazy.

It didn't help that the man was also living in the university dorms, in the same floor, in the same building and just two doors away from his. One day, while he was impatiently waiting for the slow metal case to make its descent to the ground floor, Woohyun suddenly appeared beside him with arts supplies on his hands.

"It's you again. Never knew you also live here. I'm on the 8th floor." The velvety voice registered smoothly in his ears and was making him wanted to hear it more until it lulled him to sleep.

He gave him a small awkward smile. "Yes. Also 8th floor." The hands that he chose to keep inside the back pockets of his faded blue jeans were sweating and shaking. The uneasiness he was feeling was overpowering that he wanted to just run and climb the emergency stairs instead.

Feeling skittish, he tried to escape talking to him by giving a lame excuse of forgetting to buy something for his assignment when in fact, he had everything he needed inside his small room. The pounding of his chest was twice as fast that it used to and he was feeling weak on his knees.

Woohyun smiled at him and waved him goodbye before he boarded the elevator that finally decided to climb down the moment he needed to get away from the man's presence.

But fate had its way of screwing everything up. They met again in the cafe near the university at the same day he evaded his company inside the elevator. It was late night and he was having an alone time before facing his dreadful homework of architectural plates that he needed to submit the next day. There was no escaping since he had just sat there and his order wasn't even ready yet.

Opening a conversation had always been one of his insecurities. His introverted personality was always shying away from people who was making him a nervous wreck and a stuttering mess. It would take a long time to be comfortable and with Woohyun, it might take even a little longer.

The Fine Arts student had always been the chatty one. He was too social and too friendly, a total opposite of him. He had been telling him the whole story of his childhood for the whole thirty minutes and there he was, sitting tongue-tied and looking like an idiot listening to him and offering just little shy chuckles and comments.

"You aren't really a talkative person, are you?" So, he noticed. "I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable with my relentless chatters."

"I don't mind." Who was he kidding? He definitely minded because there were butterflies in his stomach that were making his insides twist into knots. "You could chat all you want. I'm just being me. Introverted and all."

There was really nothing wrong in opening his mouth and converse like the man in front of him. However, his heart was currently in his throat and it might jump out of his mouth if he talked more than he used to.

"Can we be friends? You seem interesting Sunggyu-ssi." If he was drinking his coffee, Woohyun would've experienced showering a caffeinated drink courtesy of him. What was it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter