simpler life

I won’t love you anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue skies, white fluffy clouds and a little sunshine. 

 

It almost feels like the beginning of spring. Where flowers bloom, bees buzz, butterflies flying around. The cherry on top would be having the love of her life right beside her, basking under the sun’s warmth.

 

Seungwan had set herself down and laid peacefully in the middle of the large field, her body ached from top to bottom.

 

But it was a different kind of ache. One vastly different from hitting the gym, or perhaps dancing in the studio. 

 

She doesn’t know why she had thought of comparing it to dancing when had never danced at all, but still, Seungwan thinks this ache right now is much more tolerable.

 

Because the ache comes from a meaningful task. Purposeful. The ache from spending the past few weeks harvesting.

 

The weather had begun to change quite quickly since the beginning of the month and soon the field would be painted white, covered in bright white snow. 

 

During the day, when the sun hits in all the right direction - it’s a sight to behold. There’s a shine to it, like brightly lit diamonds. 

 

Anyway, despite all the beauty there is in winter, with the little snowflakes and what not. Winter comes with an unbearable cold where nothing grows, and everything that doesn’t make it inside or under a roof, simply dies. 

 

That is why she has got to clear her crops. Bring in every vegetable - eat what they can and ferment the rest that will probably last both herself and-

 

“Seungwan-ah!”

 

Seungwan sits right up instantly and looks around. Searching for the soft little voice that reaches her in the middle of an enormous field.

 

Even with it still far away, the long road that leads to the field.

 

Seungwan sees her. 

 

A tiny little human being, riding a small pink scooter on the road with a baby blue helmet on. 

 

Seungwan smiles and thinks that the sight, or the girl in question is really adorable.

 

Seungwan would very much like to pick the rider up with her finger and keep the girl in the front pocket of her working overalls, but her overalls are just a little dirty with dirt and soil so she decides it’s best not to.

 

Seungwan giggles at her own silly thought. 

 

“Unnie!”, she jumps on her feet’s and shouts in return. 

 

“Joohyun unnie!”, the younger girl continues, waving with both her arms in the air to show where she’s at despite her fatigue. 

 

And there she is, the love of her life.

 

Bae Joohyun. 

 

Son Seungwan’s Bae Joohyun. 

 

——-

 

“You are pretty much done!”, the older girl had made her way to Seungwan with a basket in her hand, glancing at the field - fascinated at how one person did so much work.

 

“It must have been really tiring..” Joohyun frowns a little and gives a few squeeze to massage the younger girl’s shoulder.

 

“It’s fine, unnie!”, Seungwan smiles and receives the kiss on her lips that probably lasts a little too long and too deep for both to blush when they pull apart. 

 

“As you can see, I’ve already cleared everything - all that’s left is to load them up and bring it back home!”

 

Joohyun has her arms wrapped around the younger girl as the two clings onto each other, waddling around the field at the hips to have a closer look at Seungwan’s progress. 

 

The older girl listens quietly while Seungwan blabbers and explains what she had done the past few weeks and what she plans to grow in the field next year. 

 

It’s all a bit technical, but Joohyun have always found a talkative Seungwan extremely charismatic. Especially so when Seungwan talks about her interest - the things she likes and what she’s good at. 

 

The younger girl’s stomach growls, cutting the conversation short and puts an end to ‘Seungwan-splaining’.

 

Joohyun rubs her lover’s stomach playfully, “You’re hungry. I brought you lunch!”

 

The words are like hymns to Seungwan. 

 

And Bae Joohyun, her saviour. 

 

After all, it’s way past lunch-time and the younger girl is famished. 

 

_____

 

A meal hand-delivered by Bae Joohyun is a privilege that only Seungwan gets to enjoy. 

 

Late-lunch was a spread of kimchi, rice, meat, seaweed soup, fresh raw veggies that were unearthed hours ago, cleaned, and lots of fruits.

 

Joohyun had spend the morning cooking up a storm and watching Seungwan devour everything so well brings a genuine smile up to her face. 

 

“Nobody’s gonna steal from you Seungwan-ah”

 

The younger girl merely shoots back a toothy grin and continues with inhaling anyway.

 

Joohyun could only chuckle in return, and busy herself with the can of ice cold Coca-Cola in her hands to hide the light flush on her cheeks that reflected her fluttering heart.

 

Toothy grins from Son Seungwan makes Joohyun weak and thus deserves a red card. Illegal.

 

———

 

Although the weather’s starting to get colder with a huge storm just a while back that lasted days. It has since cleared up - which was why Seungwan was able to get back into her work and the reason why she worked through so quickly. 

 

Who knows when another the end of year rainstorm would hit again, or when it turns into snow. 

 

Still, in this moment, the weather had been really kind with the blue skies, bunny clouds and warm sun that graced Jeju Island. So both decided to settle in a spot under the tree.

 

Seungwan had gotten a little sleepy after cups of floral tea and snacking the in-season hallabong with Joohyun and finds herself in deep slumber. 

 

The older girl tries her best to concentrate on the book she had chose to bring along but gives up shortly, focusing her attention on Seungwan’s that laid on her lap, playing with the baby hair and tying cute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter