4 - You and Me

Tequila with memories

You and Me by Taeyeon

Since Taeyeon's OST for Sooyoung's drama was released on Hyoyeon's birthday, I decided to update.


Taeyeon’s POV

“Taeyeoon-aaah!!” a voice beside me whined. I turned and shifted on to the mattress so I could face her comfortably.

“What do you want to talk about?”, stupid. Of course I know what we are going to talk about. I just want to hear it from her, whether we are on the same page or not. God, my head is trembling a little bit. Maybe it is the alcohol. Yes, I blame everything on the alcohol, stupid tequila.

 

“Hmm…” Hyoyeon looked straight into my eyes and smiled teasingly, “how about the fact that you were jealous of Yuri?”

 

I scoffed before laughing so hard. Me? Jealous? No way.

 

“Me? Jealous? Why would I be jealous?” I defended myself. I can hear Hyoyeon giggling beside. I stood up, and started pacing back and forth, “Why would I be jealous of Yuri? It's not like I can control who you kiss or who you won’t kiss. Or I don’t know, maybe I don’t want you to kiss Yuri, but that’s… that’s your decision. Do I wish it just didn’t happen? Yes, I do. Do I wish it had me? God, ye-”

 

Wait… did I just… ramble?? What the heck. Stupid alcohol and my stupid mouth whenever I’m drunk. I look at Hyoyeon… who, by the way, clearly enjoyed my brief monologue. She has this stupid smirk on her face while looking at me.

 

“Look, Hyoyeon, I mean… I-uhm.. I’m not jealous.” I took a deep breath before sitting at her left, but with a slight distance. I can’t be too close. I feel like I will burn.

 

“Are you done?” Hyoyeon asked, still with that stupid smirk on her face. Not trusting another word that comes out of my mouth, I simply nodded. 

 

Hyoyeon nodded as well, and shifted closer to me, “Can I talk now?” I nodded again.

 

She sighed, “okay. First of all, Yuri and I? Never happened. I told you that night,” she looked down, as if remembering what happened that night. My chest tightened at the mention of that night. She smiled sadly before proceeding, “Yuri kissed someone. It wasn’t me, but it was one of the girls so I couldn’t tell you.” I gasped loudly, with my mouth opening widely as well. My eyes are as wide as an owl. Oh My God, this information. 

 

Hyoyeon looked at me, and laughed because of my expression, “Yah, turn it down a little bit!” she giggled. “I promised Yuri that I’ll cover for her, but I didn’t know that she’ll literally use me as a cover.” she chuckled again, “Anyway, that story that Yuri told earlier, it happened, but it wasn’t me.”

 

I sighed with relief, that wasn’t her.

 

“Wait a second, yah, Kim Taeyeon!! You drank a shot when Sunny asked the question. Who did you kiss?” she crossed her arms in front of her, with a pissed expression on her face.

 

Right. I did drink. Why did I drink? Whatever, I’m just assuming she’s jealous, “It’s nothing, I was just curious.” I nodded and took another deep breath. Hyo’s eyes are burrowing onto my soul, dang, Hyo is y when she’s pissed. Wait… byuntae!!!! No. I mean, scary. “I wanted to confirm if I was delusional for wanting to kiss you one night or did I just miss the feeling of being kissed. I asked Tiffany to kiss me, turns out I just wanted to kiss you.”

 

She was flustered as I finished my sentence. She smiled stupidly, God, Kim Hyoyeon, what are you doing to me? 

 

Her expression then changed to curiosity, “wait a second, Tiffany?” 

 

“Yeah, she also mentioned wanting to confirm something so it benefited the both of us.” I informed her. Hyoyeon has confusion written all over her face.

 

“What did she want to confirm?”

 

“I thought we’re here to talk about us.” I answered.

 

“Just answer the question, Taeng, so I can kiss you later without being bothered, okay?” Hyoyeon got shocked with the words that came out of , I was flustered. But laughed. 

 

“She wanted to confirm whether it’s the same feeling or not. She didn’t specify what. It was on her birthday. The night I asked you to dine at my place. Happened after you and Yuri left.”

 

Hyoyeon now has her hand on in disbelief. As if she just cracked the code to a mystery. She shook her head in disbelief.

 

“Daebakkk!!” 

 

“What is it?”

 

“I’ll tell you later.” she winked, “anyway back to our topic. Where were we?”

 

I took a deep breath. It's time to be brave, Taeyeon. You can do this.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyo” I started, she looked at me with confusion.

 

“For what?”

 

“That night.”

 

She must’ve gotten an idea what I was talking about. She nodded before giving me her beautiful and intoxicating smile. I think her smile makes me crazy that alcohol does.I want to kiss her so bad. I want to tell her how much she means to me. I want to hold her veiny hands. I want her to be in my arms. I just want her. And I know she wants me too. I can feel it, because why else would we be in this room, talking about these and explaining everything.

 

“I did mean it, Hyo! A year late, but I meant it. I was too scared to admit it before- but I did- I really did-”

 

Before I could finish my sentence I felt her reach out to my hand, pulling me closer to her. Next thing I know…

 

The door flung open, revealing the ever annoying, the very wrong timing, Kwon Yuri. She has her hands on her eyes, “Is everyone dressed? I’m just here to get something from my room. Is that okay?”

 

“YAH! KWON YURI!!” Hyoyeon yelled at Yuri, and I am laughing my off. Why does it have to be Yuri? ALL. THE. TIME.

 

Yuri looked at us, smirking. “I left my charger, and Seohyun is using hers. So I’m just gonna grab it, and you guys can go back to smooching, okay?”

 

Seriously, Yuri. You’re so funny at the same time, annoying.

 

Yuri grabbed her charger, and gave Hyoyeon a meaningful smile. It made my heart swell to know that Hyo has Yuri. They can be bickering 24/7 but they will always have each other’s back. Yuri locked the door behind her. Hyoyeon looked at me. 

 

“Sleep here tonight,” Hyoyeon reached out and grabbed my hand. I smiled at her and nodded.

 

I don’t know if it's maturity, but I feel like we both are aware of what’s happening. Sure, it needs to be addressed because it can cause confusion, but tonight, I just want to lay beside her, her arms draped on my sides, my face burrowed on her neck, as I hugged her torso. And it did happen.

 

“Good night, Taeyeon!”

 

“Good night, Hyoyeon!”

 

We slept as if we are each other’s missing puzzle piece, a perfect fit.

 

The next morning…

 

I woke up first. Hyoyeon is not much of a morning person. Despite waking up early, I stayed where I was because… well… there’s not a place I’d rather be that in the arms of the woman I adore so much. As I was studying her face, I remembered what she said the night after Tiffany’s birthday.

 

Tell me when you’re not drunk. 

 

Right. I smiled at Hyoyeon. This morning, I will tell her. No tequila in my system, just pure courage. I made a bold move. As careful as I can, I shifted slightly to give a peck on the lips. I stayed for at least three seconds before I felt her lips curved into a smile. I quickly pull away but before I can pull away completely, her hands are quick to catch me, bringing my face closer to hers. Hyoyeon opened her eyes, with an intoxicating smile on her face. God, your smile. It is my favorite thing in the entire universe. She pulled me closer, her lips touching mine. It is a perfect fit. The started as a slow kiss, as if tiptoeing, asking the universe whether this is right or are we sure. A kiss that is full of questions. 

 

I feel her smile against my lips. I pulled away before we went any further. Besides, we haven’t brushed our teeth, hence it is unsanitary to explore each other’s mouth. That’s for later tonight. Just kidding.

 

We smiled at each other. I went back to my earlier position, cuddling her.

 

“Did you sleep well?” Hyoyeon asked. Hyoyeon has this raspy voice when she sings, but God, this raspiness is on a whole new level. That is so y. Wait, BYUNTAE STOP.

 

I hummed in response. I sat up and looked at her. She looked up to me, with furrowed eyebrows and a slight pout because I left her side. 

 

Moment of truth.

 

“I like you, Hyo!” I admitted. I have this crazily huge grin on my face. It seems like she mirrored my expression. “No, scratch that. I love you, Kim Hyoyeon! And I want this.” 

 

Hyoyeon has a bigger smile on her face. She nodded. If someone will walk in on us, they would think we’re both stupid for having this enormous mirroring smile. But God, it feels good to say it. 

 

Hyoyeon sat up and grabbed my hand, “Good!” she started. “...cause I’m not planning on letting you go, either.” she giggled. She wrapped her arms around me and whispered to my ear, “I love you too, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

We stayed like this for the rest of the day, not even bothering about the noise outside this room. Because to be honest, there’s no place I’d rather be.

Oh! By the way, remind me to thank tequila for the mishaps and the fortunes of it all.


Hey guys!! To be honest, I kinda forgot what the ending was supposed to be lol <3 I might upload some epilogues so you guys should look forward to it, if u want to hehehe.

GUYS, LEAVE A COMMENT. SHARE UR TOTS HUHUHU THANKS <3

ALSO, I'm writing a new hyotae fic. So idk watch out I guess? 

Lost and Found: A HyoTae fic