5 - Date Part 1

A Night on the Town Turns Into This?!

Oh there you are! I haven't seen you in like a month! Well, you've missed a lot since you've been gone. Dongwoon-ah and I have been hanging out a lot together, sometimes even by ourselves, as friends. We've gotten to know each other better and we're having fun. He's not mean to me anymore and I talk to him daily, even the occasional text between classes. He's gotten me to come out of my disguise and show my true self at school, which I still think is the biggest mistake in all of history, I did not want to become so popular with the guys. And he's stopped being so much of a manwhore. Now if he's with a girl, he'll wait a whole week before he dumps her and sometimes he doesn't even have with her. I know it's amazing. He'll still tease me now and again but it's all in good fun and he'll even apologize if he thinks he went a bit overboard. It's such a transformation. Oh, there he is now, he wanted to talk to me about something.

"Dongwoon-ah, finally! I thought you had forgotten about me," I joked as he joined me on the bench.

"Oh no, how can anyone forget about you?" he joked back.

"What'd you want to talk to me about?" I asked getting right down to business.

"Dinner," he answered directly. I didn't get it though.

"What? We just had lunch."

"I want to have dinner with you. This Saturday," he said looking straight in my eyes.

"Okay. I guess that's alright. Where, the mall?" I asked.

"No. I want to take you somewhere nice. I can't believe I'm doing this," he muttered the last part to himself, with his hands covering his face. I knew what he was getting at but I wanted him to say it. He sighed before taking away his hands. "I want to take you out on a real date. Just you and me. A nice night out. So... would you like to go out on a date with me?"

I smiled at him before getting up and walking away. "Pick me up at 8. And don't be late!"

"Wouldn't dream of it! Thank you!" he shouted after me.

I know what you're thinking, "Why are you walking away?" Well, one, I didn'twant to seem overeager. Two, I have to keep the image that I'm still in control. And three, don't you see this blush on my face?! Man, I'm so red I could be a cooked lobster. I'm about to go on my first date ever. I don't even know what to wear! I'll just ask Hyuna to help me. Well, I do have two days to plan.

Dongwoon's POV

YES! I GOT A DATE WITH HEEYOUNG!!!

I do not know how long I waited for this day. I'll admit it, I've wanted to ask Heeyoung out for the longest time but I never thought she'd say yes! Now I have a date with the girl of my dreams.

Oh . I don't know where to take her! I need to make this perfect, no mistakes.

But how will I know what to do?! AHA! I'll ask JunHyung hyung!

Don't you worry Heeyoung-ah. You'll never forget our date.

Friday

"Hyuna!" I shouted down the hall at my cousin before she could walk out of the doors. She stopped and turned around to wait for me.

"Hey Heeyoung. What's the matter?" she asked as I stopped near her panting.

"I need your help," I panted desperately dragging her along to my car.

I had been avoiding Dongwoon all day. I still feel so embarrassed about yesterday. I think about him and I start to blush! What the hell is wrong with me?

"Whoa Heeyoung, what's the matter? Why are you blushing?" Hyuna laughed as I got to the car and unlocked it. I just blushed harder.

We climbed into the car and sped off, narrowly missing a few of my classmates.

"Let me guess," she started in a teasing tone. "This is about your date with Dongwoon tomorrow night."

"How the hell did you know?" I shouted slamming on the brakes at a stop light.

"Well, appearantly he ran into the Beast dorm last night shouting about how he got a date with you but he had no idea where to take you," she said trying not to laugh.

"And let me guess, JunHyung called you to tell you the news," I said through gritted teeth.

"Yup! So what's the matter?" she asked as I left the stoplight and made a right turn.

"I don't know. Let's get to the house first before we talk because I have the feeling like I might just crash this car if I don't concentrate," I said focusing real hard on driving.

As soon as we got into the house Hyuna made me sit on the couch as she got us some water from my fridge.

"Now tell me," she ordered after I took my first sip.

"I don't know what it is. I mean this past, what, month? It's been going so well. I mean I got to know him. He got to know me. We've become such good friends but now that he's asked me out on this date, I can't look at him, I can't talk to him, I can't even think about him because then I turn into a babbling, blushing fool! What's going on?! What's wrong with me?!" I cried out.

"Do you find yourself daydreaming about him?" Hyuna asked and I nodded.

"Wanting to pick up the phone and text him but you don't know what to say sometimes?" Another nod.

"In the time that you've gotten to know each other, were there ever times that you would just look at each other and then laugh after a moment?" Another nod.

"Do you guy ever just sit in silence together but it's never awkward?" I nodded after a moment.

"Okay last one," Hyuna smiled suspiciously. "Do you think he's hot?"

"I thought so even before we were friends. I mean, he was a douche but a hot one," I answered like it was the most known thing in the world.

"Aww Heeyoung-ah! There's nothing wrong with you honey! You like Dongwoon, that's all," Hyuna smiled plopping on the couch right next to me. "It's about time you realized it."

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Think about it hun," she said cocking her eyebrow. "Everytime we go out as a group now, you and Dongwoon are always in your own little world. He won't let you dance with another guy, not that you mind anyway. Heeyoung, you like each other. It's so obvious. If it makes you feel any better, I went through the same thing with JunHyung. You remember."

I sat there thinking about it. Maybe this past month has been quite a time for me and Dongwoon. We were always seen together. And I felt closer to him than anyone else. And skinship between us was never uncomfortable. I was acting the same way Hyuna had when she first realized she like JunHyung.

"Maybe I do like him..." I admitted to myself.

"No hun, not maybe. You do," Hyuna smirked.

"Well, that aside," I said getting it out of my mind. "I have no idea what to wear."

"Then girl what are we still doing here?!" Hyuna shouted jumping off the couch. "Let's go shopping!"

>>3 hours later>>

Remind me to never again go shopping with Hyuna. My God. In three hours, we hit more than 8 stores looking for shoes, dresses, jewelry, accessories. Everything! And we only got two things. -_-'' Yea, you feel my pain. I am back from my shopping trip and tired. Hyuna had promised to come over tomorrow afternoon and help me get ready. I'm going to end tonight by eating dinner, doing my homework, and going to bed.

Saturday

I got up around 11 the next morning and did my regular routine followed by an impromtu run around the neighborhood.

I'm so full of extra energy for some reason. I thought I'd be so tired after last night and then spend the day freaking out but I'm actually pretty calm. It's kinda scary.

I ended my run after 4 laps around the block. I had worked up a sweat and looked like it. Oh well for that shower I took earlier.

I spent the rest of the day hanging around the house and cleaning up. By the time Hyuna showed up (with the girls btw) I had cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and my room. It was around 4.

"Wow, you're early," I said as Hyuna opened the door and walked right in.

"It's 4. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by giving you this little time. The girls are here to help," she said laying a box that looked like a tool kit down on the counter in front of me. When she opened it, it folded out into many layers. I tnot only had piles of makeup but hair stuff too. My mouth hung open at the sheer multitude of it.

"Close your mouth unnie," Sohyun said walking over and tapping me on the nose. I closed my mouth instantly to wrinkle my nose.

"Well, line up girls!" Jihyun shouted instantly. The other 4minute girls stood in a line as Jihyun threw an arm around me. "We have a job to do. Our little Heeyoung is going out on a date with Dongwoon, so it is our job to make her as smokin as possible! Gayoon, Heeyoung's got a stash of accessories upstairs, I need you to find it and chose the best ones for her outfit."

"Yes ma'am!" Gayoon saluted before running upstairs to wreak havoc on my clean room.

"Jiyoon, you need to do her make-up. You're the best at it," she spoke to the already moving JIyoon.

"By the time I'm done with you, you'll be perfect," she smiled before rooting through Hyuna toolbox.

"Hyuna and Sohyun. I don't think I need to tell you what to do," Jihyun said as she walked away from me.

"Hair," Hyuna saluted.

"Shoes," Sohyun saluted as well.

"And what are you going to do Jihyun unnie?" I asked as Hyuna tried to pull me up the stairs.

"I'll supervise," she said snapping the toolbox close to Jiyoon's surprise.

The girls spent hours plucking at me and pulling on me. Making me try things on and then taking it off. Jiyoon in particular. She would put on one set of make-up, deem it unfit, and then wipe it off. My face was beginning to feel really raw. And Hyuna kept pulling at my hair, shouting at how unmanageable it is. Sohyun kept playing with my feet and Gayoon was putting earring after earring on. Worst part was... they wouldn't let me see what the hell they were doing. Jihyun insisted that I wait after everything was done.

By 7:40 I was done to the satisfaction of the 4minute girls.

"Ready to see how you look?" Jihyun unnie asked as she grasped the cloth she put over my full length mirror. I nodded a little frightened. She gave me a a signal to turn away from the mirror. "On the count of three. One... Two... Three!"

I turned around and gasped. I looked great! My make-up looked simple, my hair looked effortless, my outfit was so well put together. I was in shock!

http://www.top-models.com/1210/hwang-mi-hee-picture-43924

"Oh my god," I gasped out. "OH MY GOD!"

"I know, good work huh?" Hyuna smirked walking up to me.

"Good? This is great! Thank you guys so much!" I squealed as I hugged Jihyun and Sohyun at the same time. Then jumping over to Jiyoon and Gayoon.

"It's no problem. We're going to leave now so you can have a few minutes to relax before he comes over. Don't blow it okay?" Gayoon said holding onto my shoulders.

"And remember, he likes you. He really does," Sohyun smiled at me. Everyone gave her the "how would you know" look. "Us maknaes have to stick together you know!"

I gave each of them hugs again before they left my house.

I gathered a small purse of the things I would need for the night and took that and my shoes downstairs. I saw a glass of wine on my kitchen counter with a small note underneath it.

"Don't worry, you'll do great. Hyuna." I read aloud. I sipped on the glass of wine as I waited for Dongwoon.

8:00

The doorbell rang in the middle of my pacing. I looked up at the clock.

"Right on time."

I rushed over to the door and opened it to a faceful of beautiful red roses and white lillies.

"Well, hello there," I giggled grabbing onto the huge bouquet.

http://media4.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/90243Vz.jpg

"What the flowers get more love than me?" Dongwoon asked faking his outrage.

"Yes," I laughed. "Well come in. I've got to put these in some water before we leave," I said.

He nodded before following me in and closing the door.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed an old vase. It was very pretty and looked great with the flowers in it.

"Are these Peruvian lilies?" I asked walking back over to the door where he was still standing.

"Yeah," he answered excitedly. "I asked my mom which flowers would be the best and she put the bouquet together. I chose the colors thought!"

I giggled at his cuteness. He seemed so excited. "Well, I love 'em. They're my favorite next to the Orienal lilies," I said putting on my shoes

"I'm so glad. I'll make sure to remember that," he said opening the door for me. He allowed me to lock the door before escorting me to his car.

"So where are we going?" I asked as he opened the door for me.

"Somewhere for dinner. Don't worry, it'll be great," he said before closing my door.

Oh God. It's a surprise. I hope it's a great place. I know, I know. Don't worry about it. It's Dongwoon we're talking about here. He's not going to do something completely crazy. Right?