Just Friends

I Found You

“..hello Yoongi....remember me?...” Ji Soo stepped forward and greet him. Yoongi was stunned to see the young girl he met years ago appeared in front of him all grown up and looking so pretty. No words been said, the two of them were just exchanging look. “...it’s me ..Han Ji soo....”. Yoongi wanted to say “...yes..I do remember you..I picked up the book for you....” but instead “....sorry...I don’t recall that name...” he glanced at her with a straight face then just made his way into the changing room. “....excuse me.. I have to go too...” Jin nodded his head then left the two girls dumbfounded.

 

Later in the evening both Jin and Yoongi were having a small dinner at their rented apartment “....did you really don’t remember her?....” Yoongi was silent for a moment “...no I don’t...” he simply answered and continue eating. “..remember who?...” Namjoon joined the conversation as he walked out from the kitchen with a bowl in his hand. “....it’s this girl ..Han Ji Soo..the new girl...she claimed that she knew Yoongi but Yoongi doesn’t remember her....”. Namjoon looked at Yoongi “...I’m not surprise he said that....”. “...can we please not to talk about it....” Yoongi responded as he stood up from the chair. Both Jin and Namjoon looked at him. “...I have to go...I don’t want to be late for my shift...sorry guys...”. With that Yoongi left for his part time job. “...I bet he’s ing lying for not remembering her....” Jin said in between his laugh.

 

....meanwhile....

 

The Han family are having dinner at a luxurious restaurant. “....I hope you like this restaurant....this is the best Japanese restaurant here....” Mrs Han said to Ji Soo. “...this is great....appa...we can always have dinner at home....” Ji Soo said to her father. “....for you it has to be special.....” the older man responded. Mr Han signaled the waiter to bring their ordered beverages. A waiter walked to their table with a bottle of wine and carefully opened the wine bottle. Yoongi poured the wine into the crystal glass. “..your wine sir...please enjoy...” then he poured in another glass “...please enjoy Ma’am...” . “....Yoongi?...” Ji Soo snapped at him “...you work here?...” Yoongi was surprised to see Ji Soo too. “..oh...yes...” he answered shyly then bowed his head. Not long another waiter came to serve their food. “...excuse me...could you get us some water please...” Mrs Han turned to ask from Yoongi. “...yes..sure ma’am...”. Yoongi walked away from them “...do you know him ?...” Mr Han asked Ji Soo. “....yes..appa....from college....”. “...Ji Soo..ah...don’t get too close or better still you don’t mix around with guys like that.....you see he works here as a part timer...must be hard from his family....”. Ji Soo looked at his father then said “....what’s wrong if we’re just friend?....” “....Ji Soo..listen to your father....” Mrs Han cut in and added “...let’s eat..the food looks delicious...”. Ji Soo’s mood has gone and the food doesn’t taste nice anymore. “...Yoongi...you need stand nearby the guest’s table just to pour some more wine when the glasses are empty....” the restaurant manager told Yoongi. “..yes sir..” Yoongi obediently followed the order but in his heart “...damn!...why must I wait for that table!...arrogant rich prick!..” Yoongi cursed in his head. Then he stood nearby the Han’s table either waiting to be called or ready to fill up the glasses. Yoongi noticed the Han’s glasses are empty. He walked up to the table again “..would you like some more wine sir?.....” “....yes...the older man said flatly.....” . Yoong poured it carefully. Once done the older man thanked him “..oh..just a minute....you’re going to the same college as my daughter right?....” “...probably sir...but I don’t really know her.....” Yoongi simply said. “...good...keep it that way....you may go....” . Yoongi bowed his head and turned away as he heard “..appa!...how could you say that to him?....” “..that’s enough Ji Soo...I ‘ll say what I want....and don’t raise your voice to me...”.

 

Yoongi walked back home from the bus station still recalling what’s the old man’s words to him earlier. He pressed the passcode to their apartment to enter. He slumped down his tired body on his bed and fell asleep immediately after that. The next day college as usual. Yoongi hurriedly to his class when he was stopped by the hallway. “....Yoongi...about last night....” Ji Soo spoke as she holding tight her book against her chest. Yoongi just stared at her without saying anything. “....I’m sorry for my father....please don’t pay attention to his words....” “..I thought mighty people will never apologies....considered I’ve forgotten about it...now will you excuse me....” with that Yoongi walked past her without another glance. Ji Soo bit her lips feeling disappointed. How she wished Yoongi would have remembered her and they could become friends. “...Ji soo ah!...c’mon..we gonna be late!...” Min Ji appeared running to her. Then she so Ji Soo’s sulking face. “..what’s wrong Ji Soo?...are you alright?...wait a minute..why are you even here?....our class is in the opposite direction...”. A tear rolled down her cheek when she quickly wiped it off “..I’m fine..c’mon let’s go....”. “....Ji Soo...something happened...tell me..what is it?...”. Ji Soo told her about what happened at the restaurant and met Yoongi worked there as a part timer then how her father looked down at Yoongi. “....oh..Ji Soo...it’s normal for parents to act like that...he wants the best for you...” Min Ji tried to ease her from feeling guilty. “....but ...it’s so embarrassing ...I tried to apologies to him just now but he just ignore it...”. “..maybe he just wanted to forget it....that’s alright Ji Soo...”. Then the two girls walked to their class just before the bell rings.

 

 

 

...Saturday night.....

 

“..are you ready Yoongi?...let’s go...” Namjoon , Hoseok and Yoongi’s turned to performed. The crowds were loud and the underground club is always packed with people. It’s Saturday night as well many youngsters will hang out there. The light only focused on Yoongi who already stood at the center of the stage. He holds the mic closed to his mouth and begins his line:

 

“...I only look forward and run
Without having time to look around
Without me noticing, I have become the pride of my family
And I have succeeded to some extent

They say teenage years mess you up
I think of it suddenly
At that time I was young
And had nothing to fear
A few times defeated isn’t much
If there’s anything that’s different it’s my height
And also being a bit more mature for my age

From the underground workplace in NamSanDong
My beat has been laid out until Apgujeong
The origin of youth
Everyone said it, don’t go overboard
If you act as if you’re a know-it-all and will be making music

You will make your home go broke
From that point onwards, I didn’t care
No matter what anyone said
I only lived how I wanted, guided by only my beliefs
In your eyes, how do you think I’m doing right now
How do you think I am
I want to ask the several people who prayed for me to screw up

Does it seem like my home is going broke, you bastards?...”

 

Then Namjoon and Hoseok joined the rap making the crowd even crazier shouting and calling their stage names. “....Min Ji..do you think this is okay?....I’v never been to place like this...” Ji Soo walked into the club while holding her best friend’s arm. “....don’t worry dear...everyone is here....only the young people...you want to see Yoongi or not?...” Min Ji snapped at her. “...y..yes..of course...” Ji Soo responded. “...then..just follow me...”. The music was so loud and the crowds shouting all jumping up an down following the beat. Yoongi , Namjoon and Hoseok were having the time of their life performing on the stage. Ji Soo stood froze in her spot watching how Yoongi really changed. He’s not the Yoongi she knows at college. This Yoongi really changed how he let out his husky voice rapping the line so fast. He does really look like a superstar. The same with Namjoon and Jung Hoseok who Ji Soo doesn’t really know. The finished their performance and another group walked in for the next show. Jin waved as he saw Yoongi along with Namjoon and Hoseok. “...wow...you all did great!... everyone loves it....Yoongi...that lyrics..what can I say man!...I’m so proud of you...” “...thanks Jin...” Yoongi said as he taking his seats. “....hey..Jin I thought I saw Min Ji in the crowd....” Namjoon cut in. “...really?..I didn’t see her...” Jin answered while looking around the crowds. “...yes ..definitely...she’s with another girl...I saw her right from the stage earlier on....I didn’t know she’s into this kind of things...” Namjoon added. Yoongi was silence upon hearing the word ‘another girl’. He has suspect since those two are unseparable. Jin turned to Yoongi “....Han Ji Soo must be with her...”. The three of them were looking at him “..what?...” “..aren’t going to meet her?...” Hoseok asked “..she could be your fan...” “....she’s got nothing to do with me...and I don’t care...” Yoongi simply said unbothered. “..anyway I heard tonight..there are some entertainment agencies watching...hopefully they put an interest with us....” Namjoon spoke in between his drinks. Suddenly a man walked to them “..hello...I’m Bang Si Hyuk...”.

 

“...so..Ji Soo ah...what do you think?..it’s fun right?...” Min Ji asked as they were having and evening snack at a café nearby. “...yeah...I couldn’t believe it’s really him....he’s really different...” Ji Soo responded. “....that’s go to show he is a pro....” Min Ji responded as she was sipping her cold drinks. Ji Soo was just silent and her expression was sad. “...are you still upset that he doesn’t remember you?....”. “..well..yes a bit...but what can I do...” Ji Soo said sounded disappointed. “...don’t worry...maybe it is just not the right time....” the best friend said. Ji Soo’s hand phone suddenly rings. “...yes...I’ll be there...” Ji Soo quickly packed her bag “...I have to go Min Ji...Mr Cha is already here...”. “..okay I’ll see you tomorrow....”.

Min Yoongi

Sugai, Jhope & RM

 

 

 

 

 

....end of chapter.....