Traitor

Traitor

“Let's Go” Your friend Dion said looking at you with sympathy in his eyes, you shake your head and refuse to look at him “Let me stay here for a while” you whispers, he sighed and kneel down in front of you and grabs your hands “Don’t wait for him. He will never show himself here” he carefully said watching your tears starts to fall from your eyes again, shaking your head you pull your hands back “Please, give me sometime.. Please” you plead. He didn’t say any words and stood up and took a step back, watching you carefully as you pitifully cry on the corner of the church. Your cries echo on an old building. It’s supposed to be a special day for you. You are very excited for this day, that finally, you will have your happy ever after with the man you loved for almost three years and a half, Kwon hyuk. You meet him during your university days, you and him became friends and date when you are in 4th year Collage, from that day you promise to love and support him no matter what happen.

 

Dean isn’t the man you dreamt when you are still young but he did everything to prove to you that he’s the only man for you. Ever since your parents died you only depend on yourself, you never ask for help (financially) your parents left a saving from their small business but after meeting Dean you suddenly feel that you need him in your life. He’s just a simple person with love on music, write songs and perform underground. You never met a person like him, passionate and determined. Dean fell in love on you when he first saw you at café near at your school, when he found out that you will be in same class as him, he became determined to be friends with you, he did everything to catch your attention, he pursue to study, even more, go to school every day until one time His best friend Hyoseob introduce you to him, and that starts your friendship that turn into beautiful relationship. 

Dean would spend his time with you, doing homework or just hanging around. He really likes you around him, he like every single thing about you and you loves everything about him, when you finish college you decided to start a business with Dion, Clothing line. And Dean decided to help his father in their business. You always made time for each other no matter how tight is your schedule, he still writes song and attends the underground party but mostly he spends his time with you. On your Third anniversary, he prepared something special, you still remember how nervous he looks that day. He invited some of your friends at the bar that his cousin owns, on the middle of the night he stood in the center pulling you with him, at first he thank everyone who came and his friends for helping him for that occasion then he kneel in front of you holding a box of ring, asking you to marry him. You are speechless, you never thought that this day will come, you didn’t expect that a man like him will come to your life and make you fall in love with him, deeply. After saying yes, Dean loudly cheers and hug you tightly, showering you kiss all over your face. After three months of preparation, your wedding date finally came. You woke up an extra morning to prepare. Dion and the stylish help you to dress and get ready. You arrived at the venue one hour earlier, you nervously waited, right after your wedding starts Dion and Jieun came inside your room holding a piece of paper. Your heart starts to pump when you saw the sadness in their face, his eyes are red obviously from crying while Jieun was biting her lips. With shaking hands you took the paper and open it, your tears immediately fall when you read it.

 

I’m sorry I hope you will forgive me someday – Dean

 

It’s been four hours when they announce to everyone that your wedding is cancelled and make everyone leaves the venue, Dean parents came to say sorry and hug you they promised to talk to hyuk. Jieun and Hyoseob were last to leave, they said sorry and promised to help. Dion asks you to leave but you refuse until now. You can’t stop crying, asking the heaven why this happen to you. Your heart hurts everytime you remember his words and promises. You never thought that he will do this to you; you thought that you and he will stay forever, till death do us part. But here you are, sitting inside of the empty room, wearing your wedding gown, crying. Still hoping that he will show up, that everything is just a nightmare, you want to slap your face for you to wake up from this nightmare. You want to scream, you want to run away but you can’t find any strength, it’s like your soul left your body.

 Dean breaks not only your heart but took your whole life too. How can you move on now? How can you continue living when your world just broke down and the light of your life left you? Finding a small strength you grab your purse and took your phone. “What are you doing?” Dion asks stepping forward but you held your one hand making him stop “Don’t call him” he said but you already dialed his number and bring your phone to your ear, it rings several times until you heard the other line picked up, death silence greets you.

Taking a deep breath you spoke

“You betrayed me”

you started as your tears keep rolling down

“You made me believe that there is a happy ending, that there’s forever. You made me believe that I can make my happy ending that I can live on fairytale I always dreamt, You made me believe that someone—someone like you can love me forever”

“But you made me realizes that fairytales don’t exist that there’s no forever, that I can’t get the happy ending I wanted. Because I’m not a princess living in a castle and you are not my prince charming”