Unspoken Thoughts

Spring, Love & Cherry Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ Author's POV ]

 

It was the day before the exams and everyone in school are cramming to get through the study notes they have been reviewing for two weeks. Some have created a study group, while others went on by themselves. 

Ever since she was young, Junhee has never studied with anyone in school. She would always read her books and study in her room during the afternoons. Among her siblings, she was the most studious but aloof. Back when she was in elementary, her father would always get called by the teacher for being too quiet and strange throughout the class, and it made her feel more distant towards people who sees her like that.

For her, there was nothing wrong with her, but for them, she was different to the point, they exclude her all the time.

"I am going crazy," Jungwoo sighed heavily as he finally reached the surface of realization that no matter how hard he studies, he will still feel dumb and all. "I just have to let my fingers and pen decide my fate in tomorrow," He yawned, stretching his long arms towards Junhee, poking her shoulder before he pretended to fall asleep when she turned to look at him.

"I told you Jungwoo, I'm not talking until I finish studying," She said in a serious tone, making Jungwoo whine on his seat.

Then he turned to Hana who was seated a few chairs from them. He flashed her a grin but Hana just gave him the same cold response as Junhee.

"Why do I feel like I have no friends today?" He whined and continued to throw a fit on his seat, until he finally gave up and decided to go out. He got up and asked the two girls what they wanted to drink.

They both looked at him. 

The girls exchanged looks before they slowly closed their notebooks and got up from their seat. 

"I knew it! You can't resist a coffee break!" Jungwoo laughed. Doyoung happened to walk into the classroom with his own study materials, Jungwoo grabbed his stuff and placed it on his table. "Let's go grab some drinks! I'm thirsty!"

 

They headed to the vending machine next to the canteen. Jungwoo got everyone their drinks. Dark coffee for Junhee, oranges juice for Hana and latte for Doyoung.

 "How's everyone? Ready for the exams tomorrow?"

"Yes, I am." Hana replied quietly.

Junhee just nodded in response as she drank half of the can's contents like water. 

"We are free in the afternoon tomorrow. It would be great to plan things to refresh our minds," He chuckled.

"I have to do something," Junhee said.

"What is it?" Jungwoo asked as he too think that it was a great idea to chill after the exams. 

"I have work to do, I told dad that I will help him after the exams," She said. She wanted to go with them but she already made a promise to her father. "Dad got some clients so he has tons of work to do at home. My siblings are out so I will be the only one available there.."

"What kind of work is it? Maybe we can help? We can chill at your place." Hana added.

Junhee immediately reacted with so much power. It's not that she didn't want them to help her, but she was embarrassed to show what her house looked like.  She came from a well off family when she was young but things have changed when her dad's company filed for bankruptcy and after that, all of her family's wealth. 

"S-Sorry guys, I just can't."

"It's okay. We can hangout when you're not busy," Doyoung interrupted. "Besides, I just realized I have some errands to do tomorrow." His smile reached his ears as he glanced at Junhee, who was a bit worried about their interests in visiting her house.

"Creepy," Hana commented and decided to walk out of the group, since she couldn't stand Doyoung's weirdness all of the sudden.

"Hey! Wait for me," Jungwoo yelled and rushed to catch up with her. He turned back to usher the two to follow them close. Junhee and Doyoung exchanged looks before chuckling.

Ever since that incident, Hana and Junhee had been getting along really well after that incident. Seolri, on the other hand, has been avoiding Doyoung.

"Have you talked to her?" Junhee asked, their steps were synchronized as they conversed. 

"Nope, she's been avoiding me. Besides, I don't understand why," He shrugged, "To be honest, it is stressing me out to know someone's avoiding me."

"Maybe, she's hurt?" She thought out loud, Doyoung paused and raised a brow. "I mean, you guys were close..."

"No, I mean she's the vice president of our class so I have to work with her," He explained and then he felt like something was off from Junhee's question that made him smirk, "Are you jealous?"

"Why would I?" She replied. "I was just thinking about her,"

"Thinking about her?"

"She likes you. It's obvious." She replied making him stop walking in complete shock. Doyoung was at loss of words that he just watched Junhee walk further from him. "I am sure you know about that too."

"I'm not responsible for her feelings, and neither do you." He told her.

Junhee was quiet for awhile before she shrugged. "Hmm, it does makes sense." She replied nonchalantly, but it only took her a moment before she spoke again, "What will you do if she tells you that she likes you?"

Doyoung was sure that Junhee was trying to get into his thoughts, he couldn't help but scoff, amused and annoyed at the same time. "It's not for you to know,"

And he was expecting a different reaction from her, probably similar to how Seolri reacts to his responses, but Junhee just stared at him  and smiled.

"Okay," She nodded before she turned her back on him.

Doyoung felt like someone threw cold water down his back, that he stood there for a moment before he was able to take a step forward. "Junhee..." He tried to catch up with her but soon stopped when a guy from another class approached her.

"H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter