- III -

Perfect Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter found herself dragging Yizhou by the arm.

 

They were at Navis Corps, a huge crystal building filled with televisions showcasing the company's new android project all over the place. Winter was sick and tired of seeing Naevis’ face everywhere.

 

That morning she woke up early and was determined to return the android to its box, but she couldn’t even do it just by dragging its body. She didn’t even want to command it to awaken. So she just got ready and left her apartment, leaving Karina on her couch again.

 

Yizhuo woke up dizzy from her sleep to find Winter already getting her out of her house, not giving any explanations. She knew she was furious, so she let her friend do what she wanted.

 

As they spoke to the receptionist, Giselle rushed down the stairs looking at both confused. She fixed her robe before greeting the pair.

 

“Hey Ning, is everything ok?”

 

“I would not use “ok” as the right word” Winter interrupted the scientist.

 

“Hey Gigi, you remember my good old friend Winter, right? Winter who’s always so lovable and friendly-“

 

“Shut it Ning”

 

“Of course! We’ve met a couple of times before, even at some conventions Ms. Naevis has attendent qat her uni. How are you?”

 

“Not ok”

 

“Oh right! You must be here because of AE139, any complaints yet?

 

“So is everyone here aware that I have this robot at home? Wait, does she know that-“

 

“Of course she knows! She participated actively in making her for you!”

 

Winter pinched her nose bridge, she felt her migraine coming soon. The last person she wanted to be involved directly was her.

 

“I want to talk to her now”

 

“Winter, manners”

 

“I want to talk to her...please”

 

 

The three went to the last floor on a not so comfortable elevator ride with Winter fumming through her nose and Yizhou and Giselle looking at each other apologetically. 

 

Stepping out, they were greeted with an office that occupied most of the floor. The big windows showed how beautiful the weather was outside, with the sun coming out and a clear blue sky. You may consider it as a perfect day, except that for Winter it was far from being perfect.

 

Giselle was one of Naevis’ secretaries and presumed to be her left hand. She walked through the office like she owned the place, picking up some papers and folders, answering phone calls and even giving her guests coffee after she signaled them to sit on the big lilac waiting couch on the left side of the room.

 

A couple of minutes passed when they heard heels approaching them. A slender woman, also dressed in white coat, approached them with a big smile and sparkling eyes. Her short purple hair was combed neatly and her overall appearance lacking everything but flaws. She was almost out of this world.

 

Winter and Yizhuo stood up, shaking the woman’s hand before following her into the chairs of her workspace.

 

“I can’t believe Winter Kim is visiting my office! What do I owe this pleasure?

 

“Naevis, I’m sure you know why I am here. Since everybody in this goddamn building seems to know I got myself a robot.”

 

“Winter, that’s not a robot! AE139 is what I believe to be our BEST model yet. Sure, we’re still working on improving every little flaw of our models. But AE139 is truly perfect.”

 

“Its name is Karina” Winter spoke in a very small voice. Yizhuo looked at her friend with wide eyes. Even Naevis looked surprised.

 

“Oh, so she has a name now? Wonderful! Seems like you already gave her life, Winter!”

 

Winter remained silent, almost too ashamed to keep talking.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter