exeunt.

exeunt.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere makes her sleepy. she could've gone home already. Drink some iced coffee or put on a movie. Jiyeon asks herself why she watched her friends leave one by one and now she is all alone in their classroom.

 

She actually had already finished all her requirements and could even skip classes because, finally, her last year in college is almost over.

 

It's almost over.

 

She clutched the strap of her bag, foot tapping against the floor, thinking and thinking again. With a sigh, she stood up, slinging the bag on her shoulder.

 

She should go home.

 

But Jiyeon finds herself standing outside a familiar door. She could just push it open, not even sure if she would be welcomed... or well, just leave like how she had initially planned.

 

"Why are you just standing there?" A familiar voice snaps her out of her trance.

 

She didn't have to turn to know who the girl is yet she does, surprised and confused that this person initiated to talk.

 

" Unnie ..."

 

"Do you wanna come inside?" The woman asks.

 

Jiyeon could only nod.

 

She sat on one corner, hugging her bag tight. Jiyeon watches as the older girl goes to the other end of the room, quietly removing the cloth that's covering the big piano, then situating herself on a stool.

 

"Are you sure you don't wanna sit closer?"

 

Jiyeon blinks as she meets the girl's eyes. She wasn't usually this quiet yet she doesn't know why it's so hard to utter a response. Maybe it's the weather that's making her feel woozy.

 

"Can you play me a song unnie?" She finally asks.

 

She didn't move from her seat. it's better to sit by the door because, well, she kind of feels like running. It's weird and silly, how she had been wishing to be finally let in, in this old quiet room (not that it's that restricted), and when the moment happens, it feels like she'll be out of breath soon.

 

"Any song, Jiyeon-ah ?"

 

Her hug on her bag tightens.

 

Will she still be able to hear her utter her name again?

 

She could feel how after this day... this afternoon... there would be more uncertainties than those she could think of right now... or worse, some definite answer.

 

"Anything from you, Hyunjung unnie."

 

Hyunjung wasn't looking at her anymore yet Jiyeon could see a small smile form on her lips. She wanted to do the same, but then again, her body feels like it's restricting itself.

 

Finally, unlike all those years, it felt like taking much more steps back and never even wanting to dare take one forward.

 

Hyunjung's fingers start to move, gently pressing on the keys. Jiyeon saw her eyes close, and heard her start humming. She watched as the afternoon sunlight seeped through the curtains, a faint wind gently blowing.

 

Jiyeon wanted to stand and tie her flowing hair. She wanted to see more of Hyunjung's face. But then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter