Fin

The day everything got better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Third Person POV]

 

 

 

When someone asks Jinni, what her happiest moment in life is, she would answer right away that it was the day she met Sullyoon.

 

Her girlfriend of three years now.

 

Jinni remembers the day perfectly since the day started horrible and ended like a dream.

 

 

 

Jinni was a simple college student in her first year, majoring in music performance since she was lucky enough to get a scholarship.

If it wasn't for this chance,
her parents would have never approved of her going this path.

Her daily routine was getting up at 6 am, showering too long,
that she couldn't eat breakfast at home, and going to school.

Her best friend Bae would wait for her at the gates,
handing her a piece of bread or something else,
since the younger girl's family owns a bakery,
and she knows how Jinni’s usual routine goes.

The two had different majors but met up for lunch or free classes.
Usually, they would study in the library together since they wouldn't be able to concentrate if they have a study session at one of their houses.

 

That day was different since Bae had to meet up with her sisters Ryujin and Jeongyeon since the older of the two would get married in a few months.

Jinni thought about skipping the study time but thought better of it since they would write a test the next week.
She got herself some snacks before moving to the building,
where only a few students were sitting at the tables or computers inside the library.

Her favorite spot was free, so she took a seat and opened her books.

 

And that's the moment when everything went wrong.

 

First, she knocked over her drink on her book and got scolded by one of the workers
since not only did her book get wet but also some flyers where students would find new activities in the university.

 

After cleaning everything, she went out, hoping the worker doesn't remember her when she gets back another day.
One thing is for sure, Bae will roll on the ground laughing if she finds out.

Jinni then went to the practice room since her dance practice would start in thirty minutes.

On her way, she bumped into people, tripped a few times, and fall down once.

 

She felt like the universe was playing with her and she just hoped that her bad luck would stop until her practice starts.

 

Oh, how wrong she was.

 

It was like she couldn't remember one thing about the choreography which got her a lot of scoldings from her teacher.

When she got a break, her friends Jiwoo and Kyujin tried to help her with the routine, and she finally got it.

 

She wanted to try her best and she did.

 

A bit too much.
One part of the Choreo was to do a double spin and land squatted down with one leg stretched.

Jinni did a bit too many spins and before any of the other students could react or stop her,
she crashed against the mirror.

 

It shattered right away, because of the impact.
She didn't feel anything until the students around her, told her that her head was bleeding.

She told her teacher that she was fine and could go to a doctor on her own, but she was brought to the hospital.
It was a bit embarrassing to explain everything to the doctor and nurse,
but in the end, the treatment worked wonders.

It still hurt but she got some medicine.

She had to stay for at least three more hours to see if everything was fine since one of the glass panes was a bit deeper than comfortable before they got it out.
The scan showed that she wouldn't have any consequences,
but they just wanted to make sure.

 

Jinni was glad that she got her sister Yeji on the phone instead of her mother or oldest sister Dahyun
since they could be a little overprotective when it comes to her.

When the older girl arrived,
she had to listen to some scolding before Yeji couldn't help herself anymore and started to laugh.
Jinni is sure that Yeji told Ryujin already, which means her best friend will probably call her shortly after.

 

 

Their families know each other for a long time since their mothers are best friends.
Both families were blessed with three daughters who surprisingly were of the same age.

Dahyun and Jeongyeon became friends, while Yeji and Ryujin got into a relationship with each other.

 

Jinni is glad to have this connection with Bae and her sisters since it was like the Yoos are like a second family to her.
The only negative thing is that there are more people to .

 

 

"Do you need something to drink? I just need to ask the nurse where the vending machine is"
Yeji suggested when she sat on one of the chairs inside the room Jinni got for her short stay.

The younger girl shook her head and stood up instead

 

"I go myself; I need to move. Do you want something?"
Yeji gave her sister her wish but before Jinni went to get their drinks,
she hold her hand out.

Knowing this gesture all too well,
since she still does it with Dahyun once in a while and even showed Jinni the move,
Yeji looked through her purse before giving her sister some money.

 

"Thanks, Unnie"
Jinni said with a bright smile before going out of the room.

 

Yeji swore that if her sister wasn't hurt, she would headlock her.
While Yeji waited, Jinni took turn after turn, trying to remember where she saw the machine.

 

In the end, she gave up and asked a nurse, who was kind enough to accompany her after seeing she was injured.
Right, when the machine was in sight Jinni thanked the woman again before moving on her own.

Luckily not a lot of people were lining up, only a girl with long brown and wavy hair. Jinni was going closer until the girl turned.
Her steps were getting slower, and her jaw dropped a little.
Only when the girl stood in front of her and waved her hand to get her attention, Jinni woke up

 

"Are you okay? Should I call the nurse?"
the girl asked in a calm and soft voice.

 

Jinni snapped out of it and shook her head,
a bit too much, that her head hurts a bit,
but that didn't matter at the moment.

 

"I'm fine…..good……great. Yep, totally great"
she responded.

 

She would hit herself right now if it wouldn't make her look weird in front of the girl.
She was pretty, really pretty.

That never happened to Jinni before.
And she felt like her heart was being squeezed when she heard the girl chuckle

 

 

"I see. Well good then, I-I should get going"
the girl responded, getting shy.

Maybe because Jinni was staring at her, her eyes not leaving the girl once.
Jinni panicked a bit when she heard that the girl would leave

 

"Wait, ehm…..would you recommend something?"
she then asked.

 

The girl didn't seem to mind and thought for a moment.
She then got closer to the machine and pointed at something

 

 

"I'm not a vending machine expert but I get these when I'm here"
Jinni got also closer and got her money out, pressing the numbers for the snack.

 

 

"Are you often here?"
Jinni asked but panicked when she saw a small sad smile on the girl's face

 

"Sorry if that's too personal"
she then quickly added

 

 

"It's okay. I visit my Grandma every week. She is very old and needs treatments for a few months now"
she explained

 

 

"Sorry to hear that"
she could hit herself again.

 

What a way to start a conversation.

However, a second later her attention was on the snack,
stuck in the vending machine.

She groaned loud and lightly hit the object

 

"Today is really not my day"
she said frustrated.

 

The girl next to her chuckled again before getting a few coins out,
pressing the same numbers and the next thing,
two snacks fell out of the machine.

She crouched down to take them before giving Jinni one of them

 

"Thanks"
the blonde said scratching her nape

 

 

"All good. I also have some bad days. What happened to your head, if it's okay to ask"
Jinni thought for a moment but had another idea

 

"Only if I get to know your name"
she said with a smile while her mind was praising her 'Smooth'.

 

The girl only smiled and took a bite from her snack,
giving the blonde a teasing smile, as if she wouldn't tell her

 

"I'm Jinni"
she then tried to approach it differently.

And it seemed to work

 

 

"I'm Sullyoon"
the girl said with a smile, holding her hand out to shake it.

 

 

Jinni quickly took the hand, not wanting to let go after she felt how soft the skin was,
but she didn't want to scare Sullyoon away,
so she took her hand away and also took a bite of her snack.

She then told the older girl what happened.

Not only to her head but also to what happened before and that her day seemed to be cursed.

 

The brunette could only laugh and console her in a teasing way.
While they were walking around the hospital,
they got to the waiting room and sat on one of the benches since they wanted to continue to talk.

They didn't need any small talk.

They just talked about some past stories,
finding out about their age, majors, and family in between.

 

Jinni was confused that she couldn't remember the choreography but every little detail about Sullyoon.

The older girl was studying at another university since she majors in education.
They also talked about the future and dreams and Jinni was in a middle of a story

 

"It sounds a bit cheesy but one of my dreams is to perform as the center at one of our performances"
Sullyoon raised an eyebrow at her

 

"Why is that cheesy?"
Jinni got a bit red but then continued

 

 

"Not this part, but I want my future girlfriend to watch and be proud of me. I dance not only for me but also to make the people I care about feel happy"
she got only redder when Sullyoon was smiling at her

 

 

"That's a sweet dream. I think your future girlfriend will be really lucky"
the last part was a bit quieter as if the brunette wasn't sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter