Let Me Hold You

UNIVERSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sequel of Let It Go!

 

Hyukjae grabbed his phone from the table in front of him, but not even a second later after he opened the lock screen, he once again throw it back down on the table, almost sent it flying from the bounce and making him gasp in panicked. Immediately craddling his phone in his hand. He almost ended up with a broken phone out of his own frustration. Luckily no one seems to pay attention to his idiotic action eventhough he is sure there not only him alone in the store.

He take a look at his phone once again, the screen was now displaying his phone wallpaper which is his selfie together with Donghae—the picture was taken by Donghae. In the picture, Donghae was looking at him while smiling adoringly, one of his hand was holding his phone which was set in timer to take their picture and his other hand embracing Hyukjae by his shoulder. Meanwhile Hyukjae was holding the flower bucket with both of his hand, almost covering his face behind the huge flower, but from the wrinkle on the corner of his eyes, it was clear that he was happy.

But why with the wallpaper you asked? It was because he lose a bet with Donghae the day after this said picture was taken. He teased Donghae that he probably will not score a goal on his match against Busan since Busan FC has relatively tall players compared to him, but despite that, Donghae then totally proved him wrong since he managed to score not only one but two goals on said match, and since Hyukjae was so adamant to make Donghae deleted this particular picture, said it was cringe, so of course as his punisment Donghae made him set that exact picture as his phone wallpaper for a month ahead since then.

The picture actually was taken after his musical performance at his faculty anniversary about two weeks ago. Donghae had brought him a beautiful, and huge flower bucket of white and blue roses with little daisies. Hyukjae was so touch with this once in a blue moon gesture—although he said that it was a bit cringey in front of Donghae, like hell he want to admitted to Donghae that he actually blushing like mad when he gave him the said flower bucket along with that sweet smile—so then they decided to took a selfie together.

Looking at himself in the picture, Hyukjae remember why he did that. That time he actually was hiding his blushing face behind the flower bucket. He didn’t even know why he felt like that, blushing, when it was just Donghae, his bestfriend Donghae, who was so sweet, and gentle..wait, what? All this time, Donghae was just his annoying friend of his, his childish bestfriend, since when it’s changing to this..kind of..

Okay, no, stop thinking about him like that. Why did he became strange too?

Hyukjae let out a huft, breathing frustratedly through his nose. This is Donghae’s fault. That boy is making Hyukjae strange too, like him. Come to think of it, Donghae’s becoming different since that day of the musical. When he met Doghae after the performance, he strangely look, kind of, awkward? He didn't know for sure. And his eyes, Hyukjae also notice that there was something different with how he look at Hyukjae. It was so soft, that was why Hyukjae became suddenly so shy and almost couldn’t look at him in the eyes, he cannot maintain their eye contact. It was not the usual, them. It was, nonetheless strange.

And since then, he didn't know why, but he feels that Lee Donghae acts so weird around him. Why is he like that? Did he even aware of what he’s doing? What is happening to him?

Hyukjae had been trying to hide his one sided feelings to him since forever, but if he suddenly became like that, then it'll be difficult for him too. Hyukjae didn't know what to do. He didn't want to take a risk.

Hyukjae also still clearly remember the last time they met, which was three days ago. It was the last day of their exam weeks. Both of them was full after eating ramen for dinner and then they watch a movie on netfix in Hyukjae and Kyuhyun’s living room apartment while Kyuhyun was out having a drink with his friends from the faculty drama club. Throughout the movie Hyukjae could feel Donghae’s eyes on him. Hyukjae tried to act oblivious of it, but after some time he can't help but confront him about it. 

"What?" He asked Donghae and caught the guy still staring openly at him. 

But Donghae, he didn't back up or even slightly look embarrassed that he got caught staring. He only continue on looking at him with that soft gaze and even slowly brought his hand upon Hyukjae’s hair, almost like in a trance. Carefully, he touched Hyukjae’s bangs and gently brought it away from covering his eyes. Everything fell silent at that moment, not even the sound from the movie can break the moment between them. Hyukjae felt that even his breath was halted, and he almost let out a gasp when he felt Donghae’s hand grazed on his cheek, and he notice that Donghae’s gaze then shifted down to his lips. Slowly, his face was seemingly coming closer and closer to him. Hyukjae was too stunned to think, or to even move. So he just tightly closed his eyes with his heart thruming. But then right at that moment, beyond his closed eyes, Hyukjae felt that their surroundings suddenly became brighter, followed by the sound of a halted footsteps with a soft gasped that were heard from behind them.

Hyukjae immediately opened his eyes, and look at the direction where the sound came from. His gaze was met with Kyuhyun’s wide eyes, but then the latter quickly regaining his composured, clearing his throat awkwardly, and said, “S-sorry, please don’t mind me. Go on.” Then continue to walked toward his own room almost hurriedly.

Realizing what Kyuhyun probably saw, Hyukjae quickly sit back, bringing himself further away from Donghae. 

From the corner of his eyes, he could saw that Donghae was still too stunned about what was about to happened a little while ago before softly muttered that he better went home.

Hyukjae could only groaned frustratedly remembering that incident and also the haunting smirk and teasing from Kyuhyun the morning after.  

“Did that fish face actually wanted to kiss me then?”

He frustratedly swept hind hand over his face.

Just then, his phone’s chiming. An incoming new message. His heart jumped a bit. It was Donghae. Okay stop. He reminded himself. Then he opened the message.

Lee Donghaek : When will you come? The guys waiting.

Well, tonight they actually have a gathering with their circle of friend, just to talk, drink, and have fun together, also for this time is to celebrate their finished exam weeks at a barbeque restaurant nearby. But considering his weird situation with Donghae, he suddenly got a cold feet when he was about to reach their meeting place. That was why instead of going his way to the barbeque place, he was inside of a minimarket about ten meters from his supposed destination, occupying a table at its corner instead. He was certain that their friend will notice it immediately, that there were something wrong with him and Donghae, and he dreading that. He himself isn’t sure about what happens between them, so he most probably will only panic more if getting bombards by their questions. Let alone it would be his first face-to-face meeting after that almost kissed incident with Lee Donghae. This is a nightmare.

Almost there. Sent.

Another chime was heard. 

Lee Donghaek : Want me to pick you up?

Hyukjae unconsiously bit his bottom lip. Why he’s so nervous though? This is just Donghae.

Nah, s’okay

Lee Donghaek : Sure then. Be careful on your way. 

Hope you’re not got drunk somewhere though.

Hyukjae’s eyes unconsciously glace at the half emptied can of beer in front of him, he then chewed on his bottom lip. Feeling caught and seen. His heart beating strangely. Why did everything regarding Lee Donghae became so strange lately?

Again, his phone chimed. But surprisingly it wasn’t from Donghae this time. Hyukjae frown, because it was from Kyuhyun instead.

Cho Kkyu : Hyung..where are you? Don’t you say that you’re not coming?

But before he can answer to the message, another one’s coming.

Cho Kkyu : I knew it was weird when you told me to went off first. Is this about Donghae hyung?

What is with him, how can he know everything?

What, no..who told you that?

Cho Kkyu : No one. Beside, no need a genius to know there is something wrong with you two, you guys have been weird lately. I mean, not that I enjoy you guys lovey dovey moment, but it's became noticeable when there's a problem you know? And now you didn’t want to come to the gathering with the guys and your boyfriend have been mopping like some kind of broken hearted man here.

“What the..” he cannot believe of what he just read. It make him grab his can of beer and drank it, thus it almost cause him to choke from the liquor when he read another text coming from Kyuhyun.

Cho Kkyu : Is it because of that kiss the other day?

And another one.

Cho Kkyu : I’ve told you I don’t mind and my mouth’s shut. So, no need to make it like a big problem when you just caught making out with Mr. Handsome. If I were you and if I swing that way, I’d wanted to do that too. I don’t blame you.

Damn it! Cho Kyuhyun.

Shut up, Cho Kyuhyun! There was no kiss or making out, okay? It’s not like that!

Cho Kkyu : Yeah yeah, whatever. Just get your here, cheer your boyfriend up man, he look so miserable. Hurry hurry. Or I’ll hunt you down.

So after that, Hyukjae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter