for once

make it right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"you know this is what I have to do." if there is something that yuna hates, it is the tremendous pain in the voice of her love. if there is something that yuna hates, it is not being able to do something to help her.

 

eunbi rests in that old chair that was once hers in her own home, where she would sit and talk about her day to her parents while dinner was served and her neighbor always stayed over on the weekends. the tablecloth is dirty, full of dust and reflecting the heaviness of all the bad decisions yuna and eunbi ever made.

 

the wooden floor, the unwashed utensils and that trophy they won in the skating championship years ago, everything was still there, looking as wrong and false as ever, yet they were the only things eunbi could actually recognize.

 

with the last butterfly in her hands and absolutely empty eyes, eunbi meets yuna's gaze, "maybe this is our salvation after all."

 

yuna feels more than pathetic, she won't be the one to make the sacrifice and yet her eyes burn under the light coming through the broken glass of the windows. when eunbi said that she had a plan, when eunbi begged yuna to help her escape from that gloomy, dark castle controlled by the worst of their united magic, yuna never thought it would be like this.

 

going back in time under such circumstances meant erasing everything, removing any trace of black magic and wrath, it would be one more chance to go back and try to do the right thing. yet yuna still remembered that rule the librarian had told her about all those years ago. "using a butterfly when everything seems irreparable will turn you to ashes, and you will find yourself watching the events of a timeline where you are no longer in."

 

yuna always feared this, and for that reason, she used all her few butterflies as soon as she could without thinking that her future and her past would remain in her friend's hands and not her own. yuna took care of carelessly passing that job to another person, yet she never thought that eunbi would be the one to have to make that decision that she feared so much.

 

"unnie?" eunbi speaks again, being the only one who has uttered a word since they arrived at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter