Friendly Competition

Love Square


    "Yah! Finally! Summer's here!" Eunji shouted as she suddenly tackled you out of nowhere. You only sighed heavily to yourself as you slammed your locker shut and locked it without a comment. Eunji frowned at you before shaking you, lightly with her arms around you, "Hello? I said: Summer's here!" She repeated herself before you groaned, "Eunji, I know you're super overly happy about summer, but I am not, okay?"
    "Wae?" She half glared at you as she quickly pulled back and away from you as if you were something disgusting. You opened your mouth, about to tell her why when someone suddenly yanked you around. You stumbled and came face to face with none other than your other best friend, Yoonah. Yoonah pouted angrily before pointing at the guy behind her, replying, "Did you give my number to him?!"
    "Mwuh?" You frowned before looking back up to Sunyeol who was silently apologizing to you.
    "Because he keeps texting me non-stop!" Yoonah let go of you and crossed her arms before glaring at Sungyeol.
    "No. I didn't--why would you think--" A cool and calmed voice interrupted you before the four of you turned to see Myungsoo walking up to you guys.
    "It's wasn't Soyi. That stupid bastard just went through my phone when I forgot it at his house the other day." Myungsoo glared at Sungyeol before Sungyeol pushed his glasses up and snapped back, "Ya--Yah. It's not my fault that you just leave everything at my house." Myungsoo tilted his head with a blank look on his face before rolling his eyes, "You shouldn't go through people's things without their permission, you know?"
    "I didn't know whose phone it was! I--I was just checking to see who it belonged to!" Sungyeol turned red in the face as he stammered.
    "Well, stop texting me so much during the school day, then! I almost got my phone taken away twice today because of you!" Yoonah lightly hit Sungyeol in the arm before glaring at Myungsoo as she took out his blue notebook from her bag and handed it to him, "And stop leaving your things everywhere from now on! What are you? A baby?" Myungsoo's eyes widened slightly and he scratched the back of his head, sheepishly before he took it from her without saying a word.
    "Yah, Soyi, let's go--Soyi!" Yoonah shouted before Myungsoo chuckled and Sungyeol half-smiled.



    "Is it all right to ditch her just like that?" Eunji laughed when you secretly pulled her along with you.
    "Aigoo, Eunji." You slumped before whining, "This is why I don't want summer to begin!" You straightened up before pulling down on your backpack straps as the two of you walked down the street. Eunji watched you for a moment before raising a brow as she asked in gentle curiosity, "So...does Yoonah know about the rejection?" You felt your chest suddenly tighten and quickly took a deep breath to get rid of the feeling.
    "Dae. Though I kind of wished she didn't, because when she found out, she asked if she could go after Myungsoo." You shrugged before Eunji's eyes got super big, "Chincha?! What did you say?!" You only nodded and looked down the block before Eunji suddenly smacked your arm, shouting, "Aish! You babo! Why would you say that?! Why didn't you just say no! Why are you so dumb?! Wae?!" She continued hitting you before you stopped her, replying, "Yah--that hurts!"
    "Good! You deserve it for being so stupid!" She snapped before you frowned at her in confusion, asking, "What was I supposed to say?! Was I just supposed to be like: Uh, sorry. I just got rejected by the guy we both like. So I don't want you to get the chance to go out with him because I'm butthurt over it." You raised a brow as Eunji spazzed, "Duh! As best friends, there's lines that we can't cross! You were just rejected, at least wait it out a bit! But, no, you just had to be all like: Oh, sure. Take him. It's totally A-OK with me! Who cares about me?!"
    "I am not like that--" You stuttered before stopping in your tracks, "Wait. Am I like that?"
    "Yeah. You are. Considering you just gave her the go for Myungsoo after he just rejected you." Eunji shook her head at you before hooking arms with you as you both started walking again.
    "Well, yeah...and now Myungsoo and Sungyeol keeps bugging me about Yoonah...I mean, I already get that enough from Yoonah." You sighed before yawning.
    "Love triangles are complicated enough, but a love square? That's a whole 'nother story." Eunji shrugged before you actually thought about it.

You like → Myungsoo.
Myungsoo likes → Yoonah.
Sungyeol likes → Yoonah.
Yoonah likes → Myungsoo.


    "It's not really a love square, Eunji." You frowned before laughing when Eunji abruptly stopped walking and quickly shushed you, blurting, "Don't jinx it! You never know what can happen." You stared at her in confusion before making a face.
    "Um...no. I'm not jinxing it. Because, if you think about it, I like Myungsoo, but he likes Yoonah. And Sungyeol likes Yoonah, too, but Yoonah likes Myungsoo." You explained before Eunji let go of your arm and stepped back in shock, "What?! He likes Yoonah?! Then both you and Sungyeol have no chance! What's the point of--" You quickly interrupted her.
    "But--But he won't admit it--so technically--" Eunji slapped your arm before you pulled back replying, "Ouch! Yah!"
    "Stop being delusional! Just because he won't admit doesn't change the situation one bit!" She glared at your stupidity, before raising a suspicious brow, "Hey...you didn't tell Yoonah that yet, right?" You blushed before Eunji chuckled, "Aish, you naughty girl--"
    "It's--It's not like that! I'm not telling her, because Myungsoo himself has to tell her that he likes her! That's all!" You quickly defended yourself before Eunji snorted, "Sure, use that as excuse. It's good enough to cover up for the fact that you're just jealous even though you were stupid enough to let her go after him right after he rejected you." You shut your mouth before glaring at her.
    "Well, whatever, let's go--" Eunji was suddenly knocked over with an unknown force before she could finish.
    "Yah! Soyi-ah!" Sungyeol popped out of nowhere and grinned widely at you even though he had just ran your friend over.
    "Sungyeol--you just--" You were about to go help Eunji up when you were suddenly pulled back.
    "Bang Soyi, you're coming with me." Myungsoo didn't even let you reply before dragging you by your backpack.
    "Kim Myungsoo! I got to her first!" Sungyeol suddenly grabbed your arms and pulled you back.
    "Uh, guys--" Your breath hitched in your throat when you were suddenly yanked backwards.
    "I got a hold on her first," Myungsoo raised a deadly brow at Sungyeol before you were pulled from Sungyeol's grasp.
    "NO! I GOT HERE FIRST!" Sungyeol lunged at your feet before grabbing a hold of both of your legs.
    "Guys!" You squeaked, confused by the sudden situation.
    "Lee Sungyeol, let go of her or I will skin you alive." Myungsoo tugged on you, but Sungyeol quickly wrapped himself around your legs, shouting, "I don't care!" Myungsoo only proceeded to try and pull you away from Sungyeol, which left you in an awkward slanted position. While Sungyeol held onto your legs firmly as he was holding onto to dear life as Myungsoo tried to pluck you out. Both of them were completely ignoring you as you tried to get out of both of their grasps.
    "YAH!" There was a loud scream before you all looked up to see Eunji pulling herself up from the ground covered in dirt. Then she stomped over before walking up to Myungsoo behind you. Without a warning, Myungsoo suddenly let you go and you crashed onto the hard and roughly floor. The backpack softened your fall a bit, but it still knocked the wind out of you. All you saw was Myungsoo silently hopping on one leg while clutching onto his shin before you tried to catch your breath as you tried to sit up. Then you saw Eunji kicked Sungyeol over before feeling him let go of your legs.
    "This is why I absolutely hate boys!" Eunji growled like a monster before stomping over to you and yanking you up and off your feet. Your breath came back to you before you heaved for air, gasping because it felt like you were drowning or choking on air at the same time.
    "What--What the heck is going on?" You managed to ask after finally regaining your posture.
    "I need your help!" Sungyeol immediately sat up before you saw Eunji's dirty shoe print on the side of his face where she had kicked him.
    "I got her first!" You heard Myungsoo say behind you before you turned around to face him to see him whip his shoe at in Sungyeol's direction. There was a loud clunk before you swiftly turned back around to see Sungyeol clutching the other side of his head in pain.
     "Ya--Yah! I already got hit! Why did you hit me?!" Sungyeol jumped onto his feet before seeing Myungsoo's shoe. Then he quickly grabbed it before throwing it at Myungsoo with all his might. Myungsoo dodged caught his show before pointing it at him, replying, "Because of you, that macho girl kicked me in the shin!" He motioned towards Eunji who glared back at him.
    "Excuuuuuuse me! But Soyi's walking home with me! So, see yah!" She snapped her fingers at both of them before grabbing your arm and pulling you along.
    "Wait, Eunji--" You started when you felt something hard hit you in the back of your head and everything went black.



    Something cold and wet slapped you in the face before you quickly woke up. The bright lights blinded you for a moment before you blinked and saw Myungsoo sitting across from you. He was grinning evilly as you as he pointed at you and then glanced over at Sungyeol, replying, "See? I told you. That's the only way to wake this girl up." You frowned before realizing that there was something on your face. You reached up before pulling away the wet napkin.
    "Ew..." You glanced around and saw that you were sitting in a booth in a small cafe. Then you noticed that Eunji was sitting next to you.
    "You okay?" Eunji was watching you worriedly as you straightened up in your seat while rubbing the back of your head where you felt a slight painful bump.
    "What the heck happened?" You asked before Sungyeol sat down besides Myungsoo and handed you some dry napkins, replying, "Sorry, Soyi-ah. It was Myungsoo."
    "What?" You looked back to Myungsoo who slumped back into his seat with a satisfied smirk.
    "Ugh, let me explain," Eunji rolled her eyes at the two guys before turning back to you. You saw that her uniform was still dirty. Eunji took the wet napkin from your hand and wrapped it up in a dry one before explaining, "After I got the guys to let go of you, we were going to walk home, but stupid Myungsoo attacked from behind and knocked you out. Then they dragged you here because apparently, this is a huge deal for them. I just came along to make sure that no funky business would go on."
    "Pfft, no one would ever imagine doing anything like that to her." You heard Myungsoo mutter under his breath before Eunji glared in his direction.
    "Shut your face." She shot a deathly glare at him before turning back to you, "But anyways. Apparently, all that commotion earlier is about--"
    "We want you to help us out!" Sungyeol shot out before you looked over to him.
    "Mwuh?" You frowned in confusion before Myungsoo sighed and sat up only to lean over the table towards you. He gave you one of his famous Ice Prince looks before replying, "We've decided. Because since Sungyeol and I are best friends despite all our quarreling, we want you to help us out with this friendly competition." You narrowed your eyes suspiciously, "What kind of competition."
    "First one to capture Yoonah's heart gets to become her boyfriend." Sungyeol chimed in excitedly before your eyes widened.
    "What?" You glanced back between the two love-crazy boys. Myungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance before sighing, "We already talked to Yoonah about this before coming to find you and the she-devil." He glared in Eunji's direction when he said she-devil. Eunji made a snorting sound, but kept quiet as you glanced back at Sungyeol, "And what did Yoonah say about this friendly competition of yours?"
    "Oh!" Sungyeol grinned happily, "She said that we have a month starting tomorrow to capture her heart. Then she'll let us know at the end of the month who she picks. And--" Myungsoo cut Sungyeol off as he looked into your eyes and finished the sentence, "The losing man can only support his winning friend. Nothing else." You let the information sink in slowly before completely blowing up, "ARE YOU GUYS FREAKING OUT OF YOUR MINDS?!"
    "No." Myungsoo chuckled with a half smirk as he sat back in his seat while Sungyeol blinked at you in shock.
    "Love isn't a game, guys. You guys sound like two babos going on about capturing Yoonah's heart. What the heck?! Did she really agree to this?!" You snapped before Sungyeol quietly nodded, fearfully.
    "And, well, that's not exactly the worst part of it...at least not for you." Eunji mumbled before you looked back to her.
    "Then what is?" You frowned before she cleared , "Well, starting now...you'll be the go-to-girl for these two boys...and probably for Yoonah, too, for judgement on the guys. The reason why they dragged you here is because you're the only one that knows well enough how to capture Yoonah's heart completely. Meaning, you're going to be stuck between giving both of them a fair amount and completely un-biased advice and help for this friendly competition. And by friendly, I mean no cheating and no fighting. The boys have agreed not to get in each other's ways and cannot in any way try to ruin the other's plans."
    "Uh...what?" You shook your head before Sungyeol quickly spoke up.
    "So, for example--If I scheduled a date with Yoonah, I would tell Myungsoo and you when and where and what I'm doing on the date. And that means that Myungsoo can't suddenly appear during the date and you have to record it so that he can't take her to the same place or do any of the things I did. Also you have to keep track so that both of us have an equal amount of dates with Yoonah before the end of the month." He smiled, stupidly at you before you slapped yourself on the forehead.
    "What. Is. This? What are we? Are we on some kind of dumb drama t.v. show or something? Because it definitely does sound like it." You slumped into the back of your seat, completely unable to believe that this was actually happening.
    "It's no big deal. Just a friendly competition." Myungsoo grinned from across the table before you glared back at him.
    "Friendly competition? Yeah, right. Friendly competition, my ."


**Oh, boy! Trouble's starting and summer barely started! Don't you think they should start on a show? Haha (: Hope you guys liked it so far! I'm excited to write the next chapter! Leave a comment and let me know what you think, okay? Thanks ;D