Leap Day

(one shot) Leap Day

 

Just when she's about to let everything collapse, she remembers there's a reason to keep going; it holds her by the shoulders and keeps her steady.

Just when he's about to fall from the weight on his shoulders, he remembers there's a reason to keep living; this one and only reason lifts just enough of the burdens in his life to keep sane and humane. 

It's leap year and it's the only reason they're still living lively.

"Taeyeon unnie, what are you going to do tomorrow?"

"Hmmm..." Taeyeon sighs, biting her lower lip as if she doesn't have much of an agenda when in reality she's been planning tomorrow for four years, in her head, anyway. She shrugs, smiling at Seohyun, "I don't know yet."

The youngest puts on her thinking face, lips jutting out. "Mmm...why not come with us and go shopping then?" She suggests with a smile, nodding, "Fany and Sica unnie are forcing me to go," she pouts helplessly and shakes Taeyeon's arm. "Please?"

Taeyeon chuckles, "Shopping? Hmm...I think I'm just going to pass and hibernate for the day."

"Unnie!"

"What!"

"Please go with us!"

"Don't do that face, I don't like that face. Just ask the other six! Aish!" Taeyeon sighs like an ahjumma and covers Seohyun's adorable pouting face before turning her around. "Go~ go~ and ask Sooyoung," she says, lightly patting the maknae's bum.

Seohyun whines as she slumps her shoulders and moves onto the next unnie, "Sooyoung unnie!"

Taeyeon laughs.  

Rewind two months, stop right at the fall of the New Year and pause at Taeyeon's hopeful smile.

Noises fills the wintry night, sounds of happiness and joy all around. A lot of jumping's going on too.

"Taeyeon-ah!" Sunny laughs softly, regaining her breath from all those hopeful jumps they just did, "Did you make any resolutions this year?"

"Mhm!" Taeyeon chuckles, feeling giggly because it's only just a matter of weeks and days till the eventful day.

"Other than becoming tall, of course," Sunny teases lightly, earning a playful nudge from the other.

"I want to meet the one this year," Taeyeon bites her lower lip in slight hesitation as she smiles anyway.


Fast-forward to a few days before Valentine's day, pause at Junsu's looking into his monitor with his jaws hanging open.

He can't believe he's seeing Taeyeon flirt on a national TV show and not to him, never even discreetly, but to Minho of SHINee.

Junsu scoffs, crossing his arms and leans against his desk chair. His perception of Minho changes from innocent to another competitor. Before the idea gets way out of hand, he closes his browser and plays starcraft instead.  


Then skip a few more days and it's Valentine's Day; stop in the middle of the day at JYJ's rehearing studio. 

It's a dump of everything pink and chocolates from their fans.

"Damn," Yoochun laughs, picking up a heart-shaped box of chocolates as he takes a seat.

"Should we distribute all of these equally or..." Jaejoong gets side-tracked when he spots chocolate mixed with alcohol.

Junsu stretches his arms and lets out a yawn, "These all look so expensive," he thinks aloud as he takes a box, opens it, then pops a chocolate in his mouth. The moment he tastes the sweetness of the chocolate, smiling at the image of Taeyeon appearing in his head. When he gulps, he feels energized and wonders if she bought or made his chocolates. Either way, he decides, he'd appreciate each and every morsel. 

The Minho thing's totally forgotten. 


Fast-forward a few hours and pause at Taeyeon, stuffing her face with cookies in a dark kitchen, served with salty tears instead of milk.

A half an hour ago she was surfing through the web and comes across a clip of Junsu's first performance of Elisabeth; out of all the scenes in the musical it's the kissing scenes. 

Kissing scenes is plural.

She thinks she's sort of use to them, sort of.

Obviously she's not because the moment she saw Junsu kiss another woman, her heart cracked in half. Then when the video fades and reveals the other kissing scene, her heart was crushed into tiny ruby pieces. Of which some probably got into her lungs which caused her difficulty in breathing and then she started crying.  

Taeyeon couldn't do anything else but that.

Despite what she remembers of the prior meeting of nothing but perfect loving and the promise of 'i'll see you again' sealed with a passionate kiss, she still doubts him sometimes. 

Who can blame her? She's a girl like any other. 

"Taengoo?" 

Taeyeon sniffs and looks up, blinking a few times as she wipes her cheeks. She straightens up a little to look more presentable, even just by a bit and clears , "Did I wake you?" She squints her eyes, trying to make out who it is.

"What's the matter?" Hyoyeon chuckles softly as she bends down and sits beside Taeyeon, leaning against the stove and takes a cookie. 

When Taeyeon hears her soft laugh, she inhales and takes another bite, "Nothing...just... couldn't sleep, I guess." 

"Is that why you're crying?" Taeyeon senses a frown forming on Hyoyeon's face. 

"Yeah..." She sighs and leans against her friend, letting herself be weak for a change. 

"You can only hold on for so long," Hyoyeon says softly, wrapping an arm around Taeyeon, her hand rubbing Taeyeon's upper arm.  

Taeyeon buries her face against Hyoyeon's neck, finding comfort as she cries in frustration silently. 

--
A few days later she manages to convince herself that Junsu isn't that kind of person and that he loves her with all his heart.

Somehow she also manages to put back all those pieces back together, she's smiling again. 

But her members still can't help but worry because every few months this cycle happens and they don't know the cause of it. 

Every time they ask, Taeyeon only tries harder to cover it up. She's really good at that.
--
Fast-forward to present time, a quarter to midnight before leap day. 

Taeyeon's all bundled up, carrying a full back-pack on her back as she walks out of the apartment complex. He's already waiting outside, dark shades of clothes securing his warmth and comfort, contrasting to his bleached hair. Taeyeon can't help but be mesmerized by him as she approaches. Every step she takes is faster too, she couldn't help that either. 

Junsu turns to her, smiling as he sees her coming toward him and starts to feel a warm sensation starting in his very core. He laughs and opens his arms wide the second before they hug. He inhales deeply and takes in the scent of her shampoo, noting that she changed it.

Of course she would, it's been four years.

She feels thinner but oh so soft and tender like he remembered. His arms tighten around her, squeezing her petite figure and hears her squeal gently before laughing against his chest. He realizes although there's a few changes, she's still the same Taeyeon he fell in love with.

Taeyeon hugs him just as hard, inhaling his cologne as she nuzzles against his chest and she relaxes her body against his, stealing some of his warmth. 

They stay like this for some time, just in each other's arms on a dry, cold night. 

Junsu sniffs and pecks at Taeyeon's forehead to get her too look up at him, "Is your cold?" 

"Mm?" She looks up at him, her nose starting to get a little red then her eyes widen when she feels Junsu's hands on her behind. "Yah!" She laughs, wiggling playfully (to tease) and cheekily pats Junsu's . 

It's as if they never missed a day together.

He laughs, daring enough to squeeze them too. 

"Hey!" Taeyeon lets out a half squeal, half laugh and slaps Junsu's arm.

"You've been working out?" Junsu smirks handsomely at her, leaning closer and squeezes again.

Taeyeon sighs, rolling her eyes as a smile creeps upon her face, "Are you trying to flirt with me?" 

Junsu laughs then plants a kiss on her forehead, nose, and lastly, her lips.

Her lips. It's one of Junsu's favorites about Taeyeon. He just loves how she uses them when talking, smiling, pouting, laughing, kissing-- oh, especially that. How can Junsu explain the sensation of pressing his lips against her soft, pink, plump, sweet lips? He can't. He'd drool about them instead.

They kiss each other passionately, tongues swirling together with Junsu's as the lead. He swears he tastes a hint of chocolate in Taeyeon's sweet cavern, causing him to deepen their kiss.

Taeyeon lets out a faint moan in the back of , her mind practically melting in a puddle so she can't really think about the possible severe consequences of kissing outside can lead to. She would have to nag Junsu about it later if she remembers but Junsu squeezes her again, and all inhibitions have gone with the wind that just blew right by them. 

She shivers, breaking their lip-lock and chuckles, squeezing Junsu in her arms, "Take me," she whispers, looking up at him with that look of hers that Junsu can never say no to. And why would he?

This is what they've been waiting for, anticipating, and craving.    

Junsu sniffs and offers to take Taeyeon's backpack, "Alright," he takes her hand, "Let's go," he grins and tugs on her hand, leading her to his car. 

He opens the front passenger's seat and swings her backpack right inside just when she's about to get in. "Hey," she pouts at him as he shuts the door. Junsu laughs, shaking his head and opens the backseat door, gesturing for her to get inside with a suggestive smirk. 

"Mmm... I see you learn from experience" Taeyeon hums, her pink tongue sticks out between her lips and to the right of , smiling playfully. She lets go of Junsu hand and climbs into the car. 

Junsu laughs and remembers the last time they did this.

Taeyeon lets out a whine, "Ow, ow, my leg's cramping up," she pouts and shifts a little, sighing because of more than one change in her body. He pauses, holding her by her hips and helps her, "Better?"

She leans against Junsu's bare chest and listens to his heart beat accompanying his slow and deep s, moments after they reach ecstasy. 


The moment he shuts the door, Taeyeon grabs a hold of him to lay the love she's been reserving for four years. 

After a few rounds and the windows of Junsu's car are all fully fogged up, then they drive to Junsu's place. 

It's a few hours after leap day's begun when they arrive at Junsu's apartment. They move from the entrance of his home to his bedroom silently because his kids are sleeping. 

Taeyeon looks around his new room, trying to notice each and every little thing about it and notes to herself that she should do the same in the other rooms later for future references in the next four years to come. 

Junsu places her back against the foot of the bed before hugging Taeyeon from the back, squeezing her ever so tenderly. "Sorry it's a bit messy," he says softly against her ear before placing a kiss there. 

She shrugs a shoulder and smiles, caressing his arms around her, "It's okay," she nods and looks up at him. "Oppa," she turns around, facing him and wraps her arms around his neck, "Should we exchange gifts now?" 

"Mmm..." Junsu looks into her eyes, from the way they're glistening he figures she wants to so he agrees. "Sure," he pecks her lips, "I'll go get yours," he says before parting. 

Taeyeon plops on Junsu's bed and falls on her back then rolls around a few times, amusing herself. She lands on her stomach and inhales the familiar scent of Junsu. Sometimes she wishes they had more than a day. But it's the best they can do for now. 

"I'm back~" Junsu sings, carrying a large paper bag and takes a seat on the bed as well. 

As soon as she hears him, she sits up and grabs her backpack to open and reveal her gifts to him. 

And they spend the next half hour exchanging birthday gifts, valentine gifts, Christmas gifts, anniversary gifts, and souvenirs. 

Taeyeon laughs at the last gift she received and holds it up, "And what am I suppose to do with this?" she asks, eyeing the lacy underwear before Junsu.

"Entice me with it," Junsu grins, letting out a laugh. "I was inspired, after seeing pictures of you wearing that one outfit during your concert," he leans against the fluffy pillows, nodding. "I think you'll look really y in them." He his lips and wipes a few discarded gift wrapping paper on the bed with his legs.

Taeyeon thinks about it.

"Well~?" Junsu sits up, smiling and wiggles his brows.

She sighs and gets up, "I don't get it though, why bother making me wear it when you know it's going to be thrown off anyway?" she asks as she makes her way to the bathroom, smirking to herself.

"Bowchikabowwow," Junsu chuckles to himself and quickly tries to tidy up at least the bed so that there wouldn't be anything to get in the way of their love-making. Although they've already had a few rounds, they're trying to make up for lost time and four years is a very long time.

He takes off a few of his clothes and ends up with only his boxers.

"Uh...uh..." he looks around, wondering what pose he should do but all thoughts scatter when he hears a whistle from Taeyeon, who leaning against the door frame-- literally on legs.

Junsu gulps, his lips as he watches Taeyeon make her way to him in her y yet dorkish ways, giggling here and there. She climbs on the bed and crawls to him. Junsu fights the urge to have a because they haven't even touched yet.  

He swears Taeyeon's the only woman who can turn him on like this, like a candle with a purple, blazing fire.

She settles on his lap, her light fingers caressing his cheek as she takes a moment to look at his handsome feature before kissing, , and another round of passionate love-making.

Then another, and another after that, then another after the other and then they lose count.

The last thing Taeyeon remembers before drifting asleep is Junsu saying he loves her with a smile and a chaste kiss on her lips.

She wakes up a few hours later and finds no one beside her. Pouting, she looks around and grabs Junsu's shirt to put on. "Oppaaaa" she calls as she walks around the apartment, receiving a few meows in return. She chuckles and waves high to Junsu's cats, lifting one of them and cooing at it as she wanders to the kitchen, finding Junsu in the middle of cooking. 

"Woah," Taeyeon raises her eyebrows, "Since when did you learn how to cook?" She chuckles as she walks closer to him. 

Junsu glances at her, flipping the pancake before turning off the stove and gives her a morning kiss. "Morning," he smiles and kisses her again. 

She can't help but smile and say morning back. His cat meows and Taeyeon lifts its paw and imitates what she thinks a cat would sound if they could talk and greets Junsu again. 

He laughs softly and poke his cat's nose, "Go back to bed," he pokes hers too. 

"Why?" Taeyeon wrinkles her nose.

"I'm surprising you with breakfast in bed!" He whispers loudly, "Shhh, don't tell, okay?"

Taeyeon chuckles, shaking her head as she puts the cat down and purse her lips. "I won't," she plays along and tiptoes back to bed. She gets back into the warm covers and pretends she's sleeping when Junsu comes in a few seconds later with a bed tray filled with food. 

"Wakey wakey~!" 

Taeyeon fakes a yawn and sits up, rubbing her eyes, "Whaaaat."

Junsu chuckles at her great acting skills and is very impressed. "Breakfast is served!" he places the tray in front of her and sits beside her. 

"Ahhhh~" Junsu opens his mouth for a few seconds then laughs. 

--

The rest of the day, Junsu and Taeyeon just stay inside and do what normal couples would do. 

After having a nice brunch, they decide to play ping pong and Junsu's pride almost gets the best of him but he let Taeyeon win during their last game. 

Then they had a snack break and had ice cream and talk about current events in their lives and have a mini tickle fight over who gets the last spoonful of ice cream. Junsu wins that one. 

They tidy up Junsu's apartment which somehow ends up in another round of , this time in the living room. (Junsu's pets were hiding elsewhere). Then after, they take a shower together and couldn't take their hands off each other in there too. 

And before they know it, the sun's already set and Taeyeon's making dinner. They eat a nice and romantic dinner together and talk about anything and everything because their timer's just clicking away. 

Junsu insist they'd skip the cleaning up part because he could do that later... 

So they go straight into their movie and snuggle together, finding warmth in each other. 

Then its time again. 

He helps her pack up her backpack, which is much lighter since all the presents are opened all the while, Taeyeon's smile visible on her face. Junsu forces himself to smile too but he can't take it much longer. 

He sighs as he stands where he stood 24 hours ago, hugging Taeyeon as tight as he did the night before and letting her go as if time's rolling backwards and this day never actually happened. 

-----
AN:
 O_O I don't know what I'm doing... sdflkdjf but yeah xD; I'm sorry it got all angsty in the end....TT TT I promise to make it up soon!! And I know the fastforward, rewind crap's weird but I'm trying it out cause I have an idea in mind for that TaeSu preggers fic :D Instead of only Taeyeon and Junsu, I was thinking of having other couples to, but with different situations....still thinking about it though xD; um so..yeah ^^ i hope you like it??