The Meeting and First Night

Hello Baby?!?!?!

"Welcome to Hello Baby!"

 

Donghae and Hyukjae looked around at the various faces, still slightly confused. They were expecting a shout of "Got you" or for the members to pop out and start laughing at them, they had taken to pranking Hyukjae more often these days. When none of that happened and the staff were looking at them with smiles, their eyes widened. The director looked at them and smiled properly before motioning the camera's to stop filming for a couple second so that the air could be cleared.

 

“After the last Hello Baby, we ran a poll on various sites to see who should be next and an overwhelming amount of people said Super Junior. Unfortunately, we couldn't work with all the members due to the scheduling clash and the members leaving for the army. We didn't want the baby to get used to certain people only to have them gone. So we took another poll to see who we should take from Super Junior and you two won. So from now to the next three months, you two are going to be parents of a three year old.” The producer explained looking at them a bit unsure of their reactions.

 

Hyukjae and Donghae blinked for a couple seconds as they took in the news. Hyukjae was the first to break out of the daze. He looked at the camera crew, a hint of doubt in his eyes.

 

"So you are saying that you want the two of us-and only the two of us- to look after a three year old baby...for the next three months?" Donghae looked at all the staff in the bus, his eyes showing how skeptical he was as well. The two idols' eyes widened as the entire crew slowly nodded yes.

 

"We know that when we had Leeteuk, we had him paired up with the girl group, but we were thinking that since you two are such a popular duo, that putting any girl...or girls with you might cause some problems. If you don't want it to be just you then..." The director was a little flustered by the end of the speech and the entire crew was worried as everything else had already been worked out. Hyukjae and Donghae looked at each other before turning back to the director.

 

"We don't mind. It's just that we were startled." Hyukjae smiled, hoping to calm down the frazzled staff.

 

"Yeah, in fact I have always said I wanted to be a father...this just gives me an opportunity to see if I make a good one." Donghae finished off, smiling as the crew seemingly relaxed. The director nodded towards the camera men and the camera's were rolling again, he looked over some cards in his hands before looking back up.

 

"So we are nearing our destination, we will just tell you a bit of what is coming up. The baby you have, you will be taking care of, for three months. When we get to your family home, you will first have to go through a safety quiz and then get the house ready for the baby. For this you'll have around 45 minutes. Then the baby will arrive..." Once he said that he left the two excited men to their own devices and they spent the time looking out of the window and seeing if they could recognize the area they were in.

 

After fifteen minutes or so, the van came to a stop and the production staff got off the vehicle, gesturing for them to follow. They stepped out and looked at the luxury apartment where their house was and realised it wasn't very far from Tous Les Jour. Smiling at thought of visiting the cafe, the two boys followed the camera crew to the fourteenth floor of the building to their new house. Upon typing the pass code and receiving their keys, the boys entered the house.

 

The entryway had pale blue tiles and walls with small lights at the end that illuminated the area with a small glow. The living room, situated right in front of the entryway had a light peach color on the walls and a blue cushioned couch. In front of the couch was a rounded square mahogany coffee table. Directly across from the entryway was a tall French window that opened out into a small balcony. One of the semi-transparent red curtains was left open and gently swishing as the wind blew inward. The curtain was softly gliding against the baby blue sofa that was directly in front of it and creating a small flapping noise. There was an hallway, slightly darkened, but visible from behind the couch and it was obvious that the bedrooms and bathroom was down there.

 

The boys took this all in as they stepped into the house. Turning to their right from the entryway, they saw the kitchen with a small dining table in front of an open counter. There wasn't any decorations, but the utensils had been placed in a small organizer on the countertop. The dining table seemed to be made of the same dark wood that the coffee table was made of and had wooden chairs to match. The chairs had small seat covers and cushions to make sitting comfortable. Along the wall leading to the kitchen was a bookshelf with some of the Super Junior albums and lots of space.

 

The camera crew walked the boys to an empty room and asked them to sit on the two floor cushions they provided. The boys sat down and looked at the director as he announced it was time for the quiz that would determine if they were fit parents or not.

 

Hyukjae and Donghae laughed and joked their way through the questions, some answers silly, some proper and some that they fumbled with before deciding on the right course of action. Donghae and Hyukjae had the staff in splits with some of their answers.

 

"What will you do to calm down a baby when they are throwing tantrums?"

"Throw a bigger one of my own!"

"Yah! You want me to deal with two babies? Stupid!"

"Fine then, I won't throw a tantrum. Maybe give a time-out?"

"But that would be cruel, especially if it's for something like toys..."

"Then distract! We can distract the baby, especially if it's toys."

 

"What if the baby refuses to eat anything except certain food?"

"Why does this sound like you?"

"I'm not picky!"

"Yes, of course, you simply refuse to eat some things...or even go near it."

"You're evil."

"No...I'm your abuser."

"But any way, we can serve him the same thing again and again with different styles, or try mixing it in with other food..."

"Oh! I remember your mom telling her friend that you can make the baby a part of the cooking process to get them excited about the food..."

"Why are you hanging around with my mom?"

 

Wrapping up that segment, the director moved them to the front room and decided to give them a little forewarning on their schedule before letting them start up the cleaning process. He signalled for the cameras to stop rolling for a second so that he could explain this to the two men in front of him.

 

"We decided to change the way we shoot things this season. We have talked to your company and acquired permission for you to have the coming week free of schedule. During this week, we won't be shooting at all. This will hopefully allow the baby to be a little more adjusted to its surroundings and to you guys. We will do most of our shooting on the weekends since that will be when you guys can spend time together, but we will be shooting during some of the weekdays as well. Now you guys can start baby-proofing the house."

 


 

Donghae watched as Hyukjae started methodically moving to the kitchen, in the ways compulsive cleaner would. Hyukjae seemed on auto-pilot as he moved the utensils to slightly high ground and looked for breakable things in the lower drawers so that he could move them. Deciding that he'd been standing still long enough, he moved towards Hyukjae to get some instructions.

 

"Hyukjae...what would you like me to do?" He asked. He watched in amusement as Hyukjae replied without even moving his head from inside a low cabinet.

 

"Not make a mess..." He heard a couple giggles from the staff and flashed them a smile.

 

"I meant other than that..." Donghae said unable to hide the amusement in his voice. Hyukjae finally stood up straight with a couple of glasses in his hand and flashed Donghae a smile.

 

"I think I saw some safety corners and plugs in on of the other rooms. You can put that into wherever it is needed." Hyukjae said biting his lips lightly as he thought it over. Donghae smiled and nodded, deciding to be serious and do this properly right now and leave the joking for a later time. As he walked into the other room and found the things Hyukjae had mentioned he noticed the lack of furniture in the room he was in as well as the other room. After finding the safety corners and plugs, he made his way back to the front room and walked up to one of the female members.

 

"Noona, there wasn't any bed or futon in either or the rooms. How will we be sleeping?" He asked. The staff member he was speaking to as well as some of the other staff nearby smiled.

 

"We have the futons prepared, don't worry." Was the only response he got and Donghae decided to shrug it off and continue to do his assigned task and 'not mess up'. Soon he was done with his task and Hyukjae was done with what all he deemed necessary. He went and sat down on the sofa just as Hyukjae finished fluffing up the colourful throw pillows on the couch. Hyukjae looked at the digital clock that was in between SORRY SORRY and BONAMANA on the bookshelf and huffed when he realised that there was only thirty seconds left for the forty-five minutes to be up.

 

Hyukjae plopped down next to Donghae, grabbing a red throw pillow and hugging it. Donghae looked at Hyukjae and noticing him, Hyukjae turned to face him as well. Hyukjae’s eyes had a noticeable sparkle to them as the corners crinkled. His lips were stretched out in his gummy smile and you would have to be blind to not see how excited he was at the thought of having a baby. It's not like Donghae wasn't excited though. He was having a hard time sitting still and upon catching Hyukjae's eyes, was struggling to keep his smile contained. The door to the apartment was closed, but it was so quiet with anticipation that Donghae was pretty sure he heard the 'ding' of the elevator as it reached their floor. Perking up in anticipation, Donghae trained his eyes on the door, and could see Hyukjae do the same in his peripheral vision.

 

The door opened and it really did feel like time slowed down as the door opened slowly to reveal a pretty woman in light blue jeans and a blue long sweater with her black hair tied up in a ponytail entering the house. Once she was inside, she bent down and behind her, was the cutest little boy Donghae was sure he had seen. The boy was wearing a light red shirt with Pororo in the centre and blue jeans. He clutched onto his mothers hand and looked around curiously as his mother took of his shoes for him.

 

Donghae and Hyukjae got off the couch and cautiously approached the two. The toddler hid behind his mothers leg as they got closer. The lady bowed to the two of them before stepping slightly to the side so that the little boy was visible. Both Donghae and Hyukjae kneeled on the ground so that they were at eye level with the little boy and smiled. They watched as the boy curiously stepped out from behind his mother's legs and stood next to her instead.

 

"Hi, I'm Hyukjae. What is your name?" Hyukjae asked after taking a deep breath. The little boy looked at his mother who smiled and gave a little nod before taking in a little breath of his own and answering.

 

"Young-Youngjae." We both smiled at the little stutter and the complete concentration Youngjae put on pronouncing his name right. Donghae smiled and moved forward scooping Youngjae into his arms and slightly throwing him into the air and catching him before talking.

 

"Hi Youngjae-ah. I'm Donghae, but you can call me Hae-hyung." Youngjae was still giggling at the flying experience as Donghae moved from the doorway to the couch. Hyukjae sat down next to the laughing two and started playing games with Youngjae as well. A little while into the games, Hyukjae had left the two reading the Night Owl, an interactive book, to grab some water in the kitchen. That's where he was when Youngjae apparently realised that he wasn't around anymore. Donghae watched as Youngjae stopped paying attention to the fuzzy owls on the page and started to turn his head, looking for something. Not spotting Hyukjae, his eyes started tearing up slightly.

 

"Yukkie-hyung?" He called out. Donghae looked up at Hyukjae to find him standing in the kitchen with a wide eyed look. Donghae looked back down at the slightly distressed toddler on his lap and called out to him.

 

"Youngjae-ah, who are you looking for?"

"Yu-Hyukkie-hyung..."

"Then who am I?"

"Hae-hyung?"

 

Donghae looked at the toddler with his eyes open wide in surprise. He was sure the little kid would take longer to become adjusted to him and Hyukjae, but that didn't seem to be the case. Hyukjae came back to the living room, a wide smile stretched on his face. They spent a couple more minutes getting Youngjae to repeat their names until the toddler got upset with them and pushed the book back into their faces.

 

Amid all their playing, Donghae noticed one of the staff calling him. Making sure that Youngjae was fully occupied by a knowing Hyukjae, he walked behind the camera lines. The staff that called him pulled him to Youngjae's mother and quickly explained that she has to leave now and to distract Youngjae so that he wouldn't create too big a fuss. Nodding, he walked back to Hyukjae and quickly whispered it into his ears. He could feel Hyukjae flush slightly next to him and smirked before moving to lift Youngjae onto his shoulders. Donghae then proceeded to secure the toddler before zooming around the house, pretending he was an airplane. Hyukjae peeked down the hallway and found him stopping in each room.

 

Hyukjae quickly moved to the mother and bowed and thanked her before showing her the door and closing it behind her. Just as he turned around, Donghae and an excited Youngjae reached him. He then grabbed some of the toy blocks the staff had provided them and started building things with Youngjae. Halfway through, Youngjae started fidgeting and looking around the room. Hyukjae and Donghae shared a look having a pretty good idea of what was coming up next.

 

"Where's mama?" Youngjae asked looking at the two men. They looked at each other slightly confused, before Hyukjae got an idea.

 

"Youngjae, your mom went to see your dad."

 

"Mama...see dada?"

 

"Exactly, mama is going to see dada."

 

"Youngjae see dada?"

 

"Youngjae play with hyungs until mom is done seeing dad."  Youngjae seemed to stop at this line and think hard.

 

"Jae-jae play with hyung...then see mama?" Was the innocent question that came next. Donghae nodded with a smile and watched as Youngjae, who had stood up during the conversation sit back down and scoot closer. With that crisis averted, the family continued their games.

 


 

 

After an hour of games, the crew decided to pack up and leave the family on its own. One of the staff handed them some money for that night’s dinner and told them to be prepared for tasks starting by the end of the week. As they were leaving, most of the staff wished them a 'Happy Bonding'.  Donghae walked them out the door and closed it before turning around and watching as Hyukjae stretched his arms slightly and moved closer to Youngjae on the sofa. Youngjae seemed to notice the movement since he climbed onto Hyukjae’s lap when he got close enough which caused Hyukjae to start playing with his hair.

 

Donghae silently moved to the sofa and sat down next to Hyukjae, placing an arm on the back of the couch after lightly running it through Hyukjae’s hair.

 

“Hyukkie...sleepy?” Was all he asked, his response was a soft and sleepy hum that made him look at the head resting on his shoulder. He took in the half-closed eyes both on Hyukjae as well as the baby on Hyukjae’s lap. He made a quick decision and moved his hand down to Hyukjae’s shoulder. Shaking him gently, he smiled at the sleepy glare before waving his phone and miming calling. Hyukjae nodded and shifted, allowing Donghae to get up and move towards the kitchen, where he wouldn’t disturb the other two, placing the order quickly. Once he was done, he moved to the entrance, finding the living room empty, but hearing the sounds of  the tap on in the bathroom informed him that the two were probably washing their hands and Hyukjae, his face.

 

Within ten minutes, the bell rang and he opened it, thanking the delivery boy and paying him before moving to the dining table and setting it all up. Hyukjae and Youngjae joined him soon and Hyukjae kept the sleepy Youngjae on his lap, feeding him since he was too sleepy to feed himself. Once they were done, Hyukjae handed Youngjae to Donghae and asked him to go and help the baby wash up while Hyukjae got pajamas out of Youngjae's bag. Once the other two were done washing up, Hyukjae changed Youngjae's clothes while Donghae rolled out the two futons the staff gave them.

 

Donghae then walked to the front room and lifted Youngjae up, carrying Youngjae to the bedroom and placing him on the futon. He then walked back to the front room where he found Hyukjae opening two bags that were next to Youngjae's filled with their clothes-folded and organized neatly. On the very top were two notes. Both by Ryeowook, both apologizing for not giving them any warning. Donghae and Hyukjae shared a smile at the thoughtfulness of their Eternal Magnae before grabbing their clothes and heading off to change. Donghae had opted to change in the shower and was pleasantly surprised to find Hyukjae completely gone. Donghae smiled and stepped out of the bathroom and walked to the bedroom, finding Hyukjae standing in front of the door just staring at the sleeping Youngjae.

 

Donghae walked up behind him, wrapping his arms around Hyukjae’s thin waist. Hyukjae leaned back into the embrace and turned his head slightly so that he could see Donghae properly.

 

“Hae, we get a chance to be parents, to take care and raise a child. Even if it’s only three months I…” Hyukjae seemed unable to continue as the emotion suddenly overwhelmed them. Donghae smiled sweetly and looked back at the sleeping baby in the bedroom. He then spoke, his eyes not leaving the sleeping baby.

 

“Baby, it’s something we wanted, something we planned to do…” He paused there to take a deep breath and look back at the man he had in his arms. “Hyukkie, it might only be for three months, but we can see how well we do, how we handle this pressure. Then, maybe a couple years later, when we are having kids of our own, we’ll be better prepared and know what to do and how to deal, better.”

 

Having said that, he reached up and tilted Hyukjae’s head slightly before placing his lips on top and applying slight pressure. Hyukjae moaned in appreciation before turning around so that he could wrap his arms around Donghae’s neck as well. Hyukjae sighed as Donghae applied more pressure to his mouth and moaned when he felt a tongue the seam of his lips. He opened his mouth, eagerly playing with the tongue that joined his. It was only when oxygen became a requirement that they separated. Hyukjae placed his head on Donghae’s shoulder while Donghae nuzzled into Hyukjae’s neck. After catching their breaths, the two smiled at each other and quickly brushed their teeth before laying down on the futon on either side of the baby.

 

“Goodnight Hae.” Hyukjae whispered. Donghae smiled from the other side of Youngjae and slid his arm gently under Youngjae's head, moving a little closer to the sleeping baby so that his arm was under Hyukjae’s head as well. Hyukjae smiled slightly before wrapping his arms around both Donghae and Youngjae. Leaning in, Hyukjae placed a light kiss on Youngjae's head and felt his eyes close. The days’ activities caught up with the new family and they all fell asleep.

 

 

--------------Author's Note-----------

1st Chapter!!!!! How was it??? Sorry for any grammatical, punctuation or spelling mistakes ^^ I'm writing it at 1 am and its kind of hard to stay awake since I only slept for 4 hours yesterday!

Comment replies:  

@SaniKyu- Youngjae is lucky, but then again, anyone would be lucky to be their kid ^^

@TinTin_0o0- Woah! your quick!!! You commented on the intro just after I posted it!! Thank you for being encouraging!!!

@palang- I updated ^^ I hope I didn't disappoint  you with where I've taken the story and yes, HaeHyuk with a kid is an awesome idea isn't it? *gets bricked for self praise*

[edit 10/14/2014]: SO now my updates start....A chapter of this every week and I chose today for a reaon...It is now our very own Lee Donghae's Birthday!!! And to add to that...MInnie's getting married!!! I thought Shindong would be first but whatever! I'm so happy! Anyway, it has been a long time since I've updated, but as I've started updating this one, I'll be regular with my other ones as well. ON the other hand, I'm a first year in college now! SO I've been spending the past month or do getting adjusted to life away from home. Now I feel adjusted enough to start typing properly again ^~^ see you next week!