Midnight

Go Home, Seulgi

Seulgi knows she's in deep trouble the moment she sees the comment Wendy leaves at her Instagram live. That one particular teammate of hers had never liked to see her members roaming the streets at night. While Seulgi understands from where Wendy's worries come from, she doesn't fully agree with the younger’s views.

She’s an adult, after all. She knows her way around Seoul and is capable of defending herself (according to her own opinion).

Now, she doesn't think she is capable enough to defend herself from Wendy's wrath.

She realizes that Wendy might be angry the moment she stopped commenting. Seulgi would've been brave enough to as long as she comments. But for Wendy to finally commence her silent treatment, means that the younger is crafting a personalized hell for Seulgi to walk over once she returned home.

Seulgi considers calling her members, though in the end she only calls Irene. The oldest member is currently the only one staying at the dorm. Yeri is staying in her own apartment and God knows where Joy goes. With how grim the situation looks like for her now, it is only reasonable for her to seek refuge in the only place she knows better than her shared apartment with Wendy. Irene is also the only member ever taken the harshest of Wendy's rage and the consecutive silence, so Seulgi supposes she can ask for some advice on how to face against Wendy.

But her situation only seems to be more bleak when Irene answers her with a series of anguished groans. Seulgi would rather not have her leader snapping for being disturbed in her beauty sleep, so she excuses herself then turns off the call.

With a nervous chuckle, Seulgi trudges towards her parked car.

Whatever it is Wendy will throw her tonight, she's ready.

.

.

.

Their apartment is calm when Seulgi opens the door. No signs of wooden stakes around the hallway, no signs of a summoning circle in the middle of the living room, not even a sign of Wendy anywhere.

Seulgi gasps.

She’s supposed to be the one running away instead of Wendy!

Despite her fear, Seulgi tries to call Wendy's phone. There’s no ring around the apartment, causing her anxiety to ramp up unnecessarily.

Did Wendy decide that she has had enough dealing with Seulgi and left her alone?

Or did Wendy find another friend, better than her, and decided to move out of the apartment to live with that new friend?

Her phone buzzes one last time before Wendy’s calm voice resounds in the empty apartment. "Hey, Seul. Are you already home? I’m still at Juyeon-unnie’s place."

Or maybe not. Her lack of sleep as of late must’ve accounted for her delusional tendencies.

"I’m home, I’m home." Seulgi assures Wendy. She smiles at her phone despite knowing that the younger won’t be able to see it. "Why are you nagging me to go home when you’re not even here?"

Wendy inhales. "I might not be home but I’m surrounded by people. You were alone.. and you dared to tell your plans in bubble before going? Do you know how dangerous it is? What if there are bad people subscribing to you and waited for you to come there, all alone, unguarded, then they decided to attack you? No one would be able to save you in time and—”

"Geez, ok, ok, sorry. That was stupid on my part. But I'm fine now, ok? Safe and sound in the warmth of our home." Seulgi cuts Wendy's endless rambling, successfully shutting her up. She could hear Wendy taking another deep breath before sighing.

"I’ll be back in an hour."

With that, Wendy turns off the call. Seulgi could hear Wendy’s sourness; apparent from her rushed sentences and the lack of affectionate names spoken at the end of their call. She wonders if she truly had angered Wendy, or if Wendy is just too tired to scold her further.

Either way, Seulgi opts to wait for Wendy.

She makes herself a glass of milk tea after cleaning herself. But by the time she’s finished, Wendy has yet to arrive. Seulgi considers making another glass or to cook instant noodle instead, when the apartment door’s sensor dings as it opens. She deliberately ignores the soft tapping of footsteps echoing in the apartment, though she can’t force down the smile on her lips when a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

"You are..."—Wendy’s breath is heavy with sleep, as her lips find Seulgi’s neckline and start kissing a trail down her skin—"...very annoying lately."

Seulgi giggles, leaning into Wendy’s embrace. She tilts her neck, letting Wendy furnish her neck with butterfly kisses and softer bites. "Am I? I was just doing a late night exercise to make me healthier."

"You know that’s not what I mean."

Wendy pats Seulgi’s stomach once before withdrawing, prompting Seulgi to turn at her. The younger’s frowning face looks tired, the toll of her packed schedule showing on her feature.

"I'm sorry." Seulgi starts, linking her arms over Wendy’s neck. "That was shortsighted of me. I was just trying to bond with Reveluv. I get your point, sorry for making you worried. Promise I won’t repeat it."

That gets Wendy to smile. She leans in to steal a kiss, one that ends far too early to Seulgi’s liking. Wendy then rests her head on the crook of Seulgi’s neck, humming a bit before murmuring softly. "Just.. be more considerate."

"I will." Nodding, Seulgi rubs Wendy’s back affectionately. "Now, aren’t you tired?"

A yawn.

"Very."

Seulgi giggles as she tugs Wendy to their bedroom. Despite her apparent fatigue, Wendy is quick to clean herself before joining Seulgi on the bed. It amazes Seulgi, truly. How Wendy could look as bright as the sun on camera despite their very packed schedule, only showing her tiredness once they’re in the safety of their home. Seulgi once commented that Wendy has the stamina of a horse and the resilience of a mountain. The others had agreed, and despite Wendy’s embarrassment, Seulgi knows that the younger is quite proud of the compliment.

"You’re thinking."

Wendy quips once they’re settled. Seulgi laughs, burying her face into Wendy’s chest and hugs her tighter.

"Am I not allowed to?"

Their legs interlocking with each other, bodies pressing intimately are enough to provide warmth; despite the lack of blanket covering them. Wendy draws random shapes upon Seulgi’s back with her finger, sighing as she kisses the top of Seulgi’s head.

"It’s late. Better sleep than think."

"I just think you’re wonderful," says Seulgi softly. She receives a sleepy hum and another kiss as an answer. "Are you not gonna say I’m wonderful, too?"

"No."

"Geez. Thanks."

"You’re downright amazing. Now sleep, before I start hallucinating and chew your face in my sleep."

Seulgi laughs, and Wendy grumbles, and soon their breaths deepen as sleep takes over.

It’s past one a.m.

Seulgi and Wendy are home.

 

 

-Fin-