Taehyung / V

BTS - SHORT STORIES

You and Taehyung were introduced by a mutual friend who was not a celebrity. You went out for a walk altogether and it seemed that he was rather down to earth and ordinary outside of his fame and celebrity lifestyle. You noticed you could immediately read how his day goes by his minor facial expression, but this did not affect the atmosphere of hang out.
You bonded with him pretty quickly that you even started going for coffee or just walking alone without the accompaniment of a mutual friend. Each time, Taehyung became more liberated and sometimes he could afford some slightly childish facial expressions as closer you got.

Other thing you noticed when jazz music played, he immediately switched to a more playful mood, where he danced along to the beat of the music, imitating either a musician with a trombone or other instrument, or an artist who performed the song, singing serenade to loved one.

Taehyung's birthday was approaching and you found a special cafe where they play jazz to bring the birthday boy in the morning.
- Hey happy birthday! - you met at the cafe entrance.
- Thank you very much! Let's go quickly. Pretty cold today.
You entered the room, and immediately felt the atmosphere of jazz. Wooden floors and walls, leather sofas and arm-chairs, grand furniture, the smell of fresh coffee and cigarettes. The musician sat and played the famous Frank Sinatra song 'Strangers in the Night' on the piano.
- Oh! It's a Sinatra song! - Taehyung remarked after a couple of seconds of hearing the melody.
- This is my birthday present to you, - you said with a big smile, seeing how happy Taehyung was.
- Seriously…? - Taehyung's face changed to a slightly surprised one.
- Yes. Why not? - he hugged you, but then he felt that he was a little hasty with that.
- That's it, order whatever you want, I'm going to cry, - Taehyung realized, sitting down to avoid an awkward situation, although no one would say, looking at him that he was a little excited or embarrassed - Daebak! - He couldn't help but wonder how atmospheric the place was looking around and observing the place. 

While you were having breakfast and talking about everything as usual, you noticed that a familiar friend had come in. And he saw you as well and immediately greeted you, coming to the table. Taehyung looked a little puzzled as he looked first at you then turning head to the guy. You immediately got up to hug a friend whom you had not seen for a long time. Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed how Taehyung's face abruptly changed to a slightly furious one.
- Oh, it's Frank. Frank, this is Taehyung.
- Good morning - Tae with a serious face shook hands with Frank.
While you stood talking about Frank's life, but you looked at Tae time to time to make sure everything was fine.

Taehyung whispered with a bit of smirk and by his lips could say “I am a good boy” and he smiled like a devil.

You quickly decided to meet with Frank the other day as soon as there was time after the holidays. Frank took coffee and quickly left the diner, heading home after shopping as he briefly mentioned. And Tae seemed to be waiting for this moment in silence until he leaves. You couldn't understand his reactions and mood swings.
- Everything is good? - You broke that silence.
- Everything seems to be fine, but I have a question. - You looked at him, anticipating what kind of question he would be asking. - Do you want to spoil my mood? - he looked at the plate, then the glass of water, avoiding to meet your eyes so as not to heat up the situation, although there were echoes of impudence in his tone of voice.
- So what happened? - You were outraged by his unreasonable behavior.
- Who is that guy? - some kind of interrogation began and then after a couple of questions it dawned on you that he was jealous of you. But you couldn't understand why he was jealous because Frank was just a friend for you and Taehyung was just friend for you as well. 
- Look, I don't understand why you're so upset. Let's sit until you calm down and be ready for dialogue, not interview or argument.

Both sat in this awkward silence for a little less than ten minutes, trying to somehow enjoy breakfast and coffee, but you immediately felt that this silence had bothered you more.
- Look, Namjoon isn't here to handle the situation and today is your birthday. And tomorrow is the new year. - He stared at you intently without answering but rather with look "I don't care".
- Yes, correct, Namjoon isn't here, but I didn't like the way you talked to Frank. - you roughly understood what he was leading to, but you wanted to hear the direct argument point, but it seemed he began to listen more to the musician's playing and melody.

Taehyung got up from his chair, which you didn't expect at this particular moment, and he walked towards the pianist, dancing, and then whispered something. You noticed how the musician nodded and made a hand gesture 'okay'. The pianist started playing... And it was one of the most tender melodies you had ever listened.

Taehyung walked towards you.
- Shall we dance? - he held out his hand and instead of his serious look, Tae looked soft..
You smiled that he finally stopped being angry, and put your hand on his.

Taehyung put his hand on your waist, he winked at you cutely, giving a sign that everything will be fine, although you didn’t really like to dance. You couldn't take your eyes off each other.
- This song is called Solitude by Billie Holiday. The song can probably be interpreted as a person left alone after a breakup and the person is haunted by memories that they had. This is a very sad song indeed, - he added.
- Why listen to such a sad song on a joyful day? - You chose to ask to catch some answer in his eyes when he was so different everytime, changing faster as you could think.
- I'm sorry, that was stupid of me. - Taehyung said, accepting his mistake.
- Everything is fine, but please tell me what was wrong. - there was a of music in the background.
- Tell me you're not mad at me anymore. 
- Everything is fine. But... I hope you can tell what was wrong. 
- I like you, - he said with his sweet baritone voice, taking a second glance away from you and back into your eyes with certainty about the future. - today we are flying to New York for a performance and I know that it is not worth being around on New Year's Eve ... - he hesitated a little, - do you want to spend the New Year together? Other day? When I will be back and you will have free time? - You could tell from his look that Taehyung was a bit paniced.
Taehyung scratched the back of his head, frozen in place, as if he had not heard a positive answer, doing fastest negative assumption in mind.
- I do.
- What? Really? - Taehyung was so happy he couldn't say anything, but said would pay for everyone's breakfast.