...

Just a Little Insight

She's more excited for this than she was when she was filming her own stuff in Hawaii. I guess what they say about having a muse is right. And the way Nayeon absorbs all the camera's focus doesn't help. Or maybe it's Momo's focus that she's absorbing. Either way, Nayeon comes out beautiful on film and in pictures, and in real life. 

All this day footage is great, but there's a certain candid missing. Momo knows Once will want it, because she does too. To capture Nayeon fully unguarded. Momo spends days thinking about what the perfect shot could be. This or that or this. But no. Those have all been done before — what she needs is something uniquely Nayeon. 

It comes to her when the four of them are in the dressing room at an award show and Chaeyoung is dozing in the corner while Dubu shoves a camera in her face. That moment gives Momo an idea. But to do it like that has been done before too. Momo wonders how to make it authentic. Something spontaneous and out there.

She talks to Nayeon about it, asking about her comfort level, making sure she's okay with the idea running around in her head. And really, it is a of genius. 

There's really nothing to getting inside; just one room over. Plus Nayeon sleeps with her door open. She isn't bothered by the flash Momo uses to see by; and doesn't stir when she walks up to the bed. Momo takes a moment to absorb the serenity on Nayeon's face. The vulnerability of the situation makes her want to hold Nayeon, protect her. A hitch in breathing snaps Momo out of her reverie for a second, but her admiration doesn't dim. She reaches out to cup Nayeon's cheek in her palm, and the older girl instinctively curls towards her warmth. 

Momo's heart speeds up and certain feelings throw themselves at her consciousness trying to materialize. She pulls her hand away and pushes them down. Then she starts recording. 

When the light hits her face, Nayeon's features cringe and she tries to escape but Momo follows her with the camera and she eventually gives up, letting all of herself be seen. She laughs at the absurdity of being awakened at 3:17 in the morning for a silly shot for her "music video. " It's a sleepy laugh, one full of exasperation, and patience. It makes Momo laugh too. Though hers is more mischievous amusement. 

Nayeon blinks the sleep out of her eyes then stares into the camera. At first, Momo doesn't realize the alignment of her sight until her eyes leave the screen to look at Nayeon directly. She notices then that Nayeon is looking at her. It's a steady gaze, meant to convey the entirety of feelings and maybe even connect them.

Momo lowers the camera and looks back at Nayeon, there's a gentle smile on her face that is different from the humor they'd just shared. She scoots over some then lifts her comforter offering Momo refuge in her bed. There's a beat where Momo thinks this could end badly, but Nayeon's expression doesn't change, and that's all the convincing she needs. Momo turns off the camera and sets it on Nayeon's bedside table and shuffles under the sheets.  

At first, she lies there awkwardly staring up at the ceiling. When she doesn't hear movement next to her, she chances a glance at Nayeon only to find the oldest member wide awake and staring at her intently. Momo whips her gaze back to the ceiling, but there's a tap on her shoulder and she looks back over at Nayeon. The older girl smiles again and scoots closer to Momo. She tugs her shirt a little and Momo complies seamlessly, inching closer. 

When they're only a hair's breadth away Nayeon leans her forehead against Momo's and closes her eyes, steadying her breath, breathing deeper.

She does it systematically until Momo matches her rhythm and they both fall asleep to the sound of each other.

During the editing process, Momo decides to cut that last part of the shot out. The fans would understand. After all, Some things are just too personal to make public.