Yuán (WonB) pt2

GFriend One Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE Academy hereby announces KIM SOWON has completed the program and approves/disapproves eligibility for reinstatement as a bodyguard starting on 0X/202X.

Thank God.

Sowon returned back to the security agency to report herself with a fresh approval statement. She met Yerin as she rested before returning to the location. Yerin hugged her tightly as she saw the tall woman exit the superior office room. She was happier than Sowon upon receiving confirmation of the news.

"You did it. Welcome back." The message was short and clear but you could feel gratitude in the tone. The friend who fought together is back.

During the first few months, Sowon was assigned to the team which was light and slowly increasing to let her get acquainted with the working environment fast. The airport and the concert venue were the most places she escorted female clients to secure locations.

At night, Sowon was lying in bed ready to rest to perform the next task early in the morning, her smartphone beeped and she decided to check before sleep.

'Tomorrow meet me at three.'

She looked at the ID and it showed her superior's. She butterflied all night.

The incident had been two years, and SinB was coping with meeting the crowd of fans and the loss of her first close protection officer, Sowon. Of course, she knew a knife slash couldn't lead to her death. But she was still worried about her.

The day SinB was escorted back to her place and the number of protectors was increased twice as many before. Altogether her manager stayed with her for a few days to reassure the artist. The room in which Sowon was staying was open and the other bodyguards dropped their equipment there.

Law enforcement had intervened in the incident, turned out the culprit was the crazy fans of the boy band group with whom she had scandal before. The agency of the boy band group release an apology statement and the artist kept apologising on behalf of their fan's behaviour to the artist.

After three days of the incident, SinB was escorted from the agency to the shooting venue, some fans knew about the schedule where they were waiting there. Unlike in the past, she was very happy and interacted happily. However, now she has started to tremble. The incident that day was ghosting her. She couldn't walk past them. Soon after, her agency announced her solo artist would take a break until further notice.

She attended psychotherapy at her company frequently until she got better. Her company gave her rest until the therapist gave a green light after the assessment was done every session they met.

SinB is getting used to a small crowd with the therapist's help. This is starting with a small-scale and barely familiar person, the agency's employees and the hot debut junior group under the company during her hiatus.

They greeted and introduced themselves with the album to her enthusiasm when she visited the practice room. Slowly, she regained her lost energy in the industry and decided to release something, a single or an album.

She told her managers about her thoughts and they are glad as their artist. But still, they need the recent assessment result from the therapist to decide. Fortunately, the results showed high emotional stability and still needed extra care as if the crowd was overwhelmed.

The news of SinB gearing up for a comeback after two years made her fans excited about her appearance, and the agency reassured them too regarding the artist's health and safety as their main concern and first priority throughout the whole preparation till the promotion period ended.

Today, SinB needed to go to the salon to have her hair done for the MV shooting. Since the hair treatment takes time, she just got out her phone and scrolled aimlessly while waiting. Her eyes stopped at the video of a certain idol's departure, she replayed and replayed, and her eyes found a familiar silhouette that she didn't believe in the accidental reappearance.

-

Sowon woke up in the hospital after several days and again two years after. The first person she came into her sight was Yerin in an anxious state. The doctors came in a second later as Yerin pressed the buzzer after noticing her mild response of her. After asking a few general questions regarding the patient's information, the doctor sighed in relief and arranged a detailed body check tomorrow.

"You had no less giving me a heart attack, Kim Sowon," said Yerin. "The first day you returned as a personal bodyguard again occurred an accident."

"I couldn't predict the car driving was contrary. By the way, how about my position?"

"The boss sent Jisoo to replace it."

"Talk about the matter, I feel like my left hand is having some problem, I couldn't use all the strength of it." She tried to lift her hand, but her muscles were powerless.

"Just wait until tomorrow, they will bring you to scan. No worry about it." Yerin answered frankly and avoided her sight at all costs. "Did you have something you didn't tell me?"

"No" Sowon looked at Yerin, not believing her answer completely. It must have been something about it. In the meantime, the door opened again, revealing her shocked cousin, who had just left the office.

"You are awake, Sowon unnie, you know how much I worried about you? Thank God you are awake. Uncles and aunts had just returned to the hotel. I need to call them now!" Yewon bombarded all her thoughts to Sowon making the latter giggle, her little cousin was on the verge of crying of happiness.

"Calm down, Yewonie, let them rest first, they must be very tired of flying here. Tomorrow, only contact them," she caressed her cheeks and wipe off the tears that fail to hold. "Besides, Yerin is here with me, she can take care of me at this time." Sowon looked at Yerin, and the world's best friend unwillingly gave an obvious look at Yewon.

Yerin accompanied Sowon until the next morning. She bid goodbye to Sowon after the nurse brought her to the check-up. Her parents would take turns in the afternoon while Yewon would come at night. A detailed report would come the next day regarding the left-hand wound condition.

The ward was gloomy when Yerin stepped into it, feeling the negative aura. Rather glad or upset, she was expressionless. The notice board listing the patient's information is up to date. She realized that doctors were a step ahead of her to visit Sowon, and obviously, she knew the true condition.

Yerin sat beside her. She didn't speak as she knew Sowon would need a moment of silence to accept the truth. The further she stared at Sowon, the more anxious she felt, afraid that she would be suppressing her real emotion and finally burst out at once.

"Yerin-ah" She hugged her and let her cry out herself. Yerin couldn't help but rub her back to calm her down. Despite knowing it was pointless.

-

At night Yewon was in the hospital together with Sowon. The ward was peaceful until Yerin showed up with a slightly angry face.

"You didn't tell me you asked for the job to quit. Why am I the last one to learn about it?" When Yerin returned to the agency to work, the superior called her in and explain Sowon's decision to resign. She was shocked as she didn't know it from Sowon early in the morning when she was with her together.

"You know my condition, Yerin. Don't you?"

"I know it but you did not tell me you want to quit! I can't be the first or the second or third person, but at least not the last right? I hate it. Besides, you told me before that you want to choose to shift to contract type, I believe that's boss wouldn't mind, but you choose to resign. Why? "

Sowon gestured to Yewon to bring her purse. She pulled out a stained card and handed it over. Both Yewon and Yerin moved forward to look.

Do I have a chance to get to know you better? Could we meet after the fan meeting?

"Who sent you this?"

"The person who gifted her the scars," instead of Sowon, Yerin answered on behalf of her. Yerin was not ignorant, she knew it as she was the first to enter the hospital two years ago.

"I don't want her to be the next Eunha," Sowon spoke. " Everyone I have feelings for doesn't have a happy ending. I couldn't be able to save Eunha at that time. This is the only way to ensure her safety is by distancing herself."

--- Present,---

---3 months ago---

Ridiculous. Seriously ridiculous.

Sowon had moved to another city which was more relaxed and suitable for her to rest. In the middle, she found a job there and intended to spend the rest of her life there. She worked as a part-time taekwondo instructor for juniors in the community centre.

She didn't inform anyone about her address except her family, Yewon and Yerin. Someone was on the doorstep ringing Sowon's door. It was Yerin. But behind Yerin was her former boss. "HI, Sowon."

Sowon glared at Yerin, she betrayed her, but Yerin only can mouth sorry to her best friend since her superior begged her so much, almost kneeling down. Yerin couldn't talk over him, and ultimately brought him along and drove past him there.

"I'm sorry to disturb your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter