do not sit beside them on a night out

stable jobs and secret relationships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Cheers!"

 

Everyone raised their cups.

 

"To the CEO!" Kim Dahyun chips in. Jeongyeon sees Mina flash a smile.

 

It was a barbecue night, an occassion somehow Mina was able to establish to celebrate a team's hardwork and success. Often it was some staff and their supervisor, sometimes it was the leaders and supervisors just like tonight.

 

Mina does not usually attend. The gathering was always through the use of the company card or a reservation, but this time she insisted to come. (Jeongyeon was coerced to agree)

 

"I'll ban you from the office for a week." Mina says as she puts on her earring. Jeongyeon groans.

 

Atleast, Jeongyeon managed to convince her that they go separately.

 

Jeongyeon had gotten to the venue an hour ago, and Mina arrived thirty-ish minutes after. The place was shabby, but the food was good, the drinks were the right temperature. Everyone was having a good time.

 

Except maybe Jeongyeon.

 

It was a really good evening, so Jeongyeon smiled and talked a little, sipped on her drink just a little since she was driving tonight. At the least, she did not want to ruin the night for everybody.

 

Mina was sat across her since it was the only available seat when she arrived. Jeongyeon was not a jealous or a possessive one. She was mature, but she'd like it if Kim ing Dahyun keeps her hands to herself.

 

Jeongyeon silently watches them from the rim of her cup.

 

By the time Kim attempts to rest her hand on Mina's thigh, the latter suddenly stands up which startles the other woman. Mina announces her leave, Jeongyeon barely listens. Jeongyeon was partly relieved that Mina decided to go home early.

 

"...especially Miss Kim for a job well done."

 

Jeongyeon joined in the clapping, albeit a little less enthusiastic, with Dahyun doing a theatrical bow.

 

Jeongyeon leaves after an hour before she can get herself a headache helping her drunk colleagues get home. Don't get her wrong, she does help sometimes, but not tonight.

 

"Heading home already?" Jeongyeon passes by Dahyun on the way to the exit. "Yeah, congrat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter