A coward

Fake Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4

~~~

 

Jennie is honest enough to admit this to herself, but she is having a blast being away from Rosé and her members. 

 

For the past week, Jennie has been staying in America to do some commercial deals and attend important celebrities events. It's good to have a break from her responsibilities in Korea; her messy relationships or the fact that she is unable to control herself whenever Rosé is around.

 

Tonight's social events are not different from the others. She socializes, promotes Blackpink, and searches for collaboration. 

 

They take the party to the beach, all of them a safe distance apart, and do a "dance-off," a trophy going to the winner... And the winner isn't the best dancer, it is the one who made everyone laugh the most. Rosé loves these types of events. Jennie remembers when they can dance as they once did, closer and ier, yet for now, those days have become memories she can share and keep.

 

At least she is making new friends.

 

Bretman Rock shoves a Bone-Dry Martini in Jennie's face. He makes a big 'wooo' sound and arches his butts out.

 

"You are zoning out! Penalty drink!!" Bretman says loudly over the blasting music.

 

Jennie takes the drink from Bretman and drinks it in one go. The drink runs down and sends a warm fuzzy feeling over her body. She throws the glass on the sand and starts dancing with him.

 

Her heart beats faster with each drink he gives her. She waited for this. To be young and free. She believes that with good enough health, good enough lungs, and energy levels, she could party for the rest of her life.

 

"So how's your man? Heard he is like some Kpop big shot." Bretman tries to pry into Jennie's private life.

 

"He is big. Mr. Big. My boyfriend. Very big." Jennie slurs and does a slight hiccup. She is afraid of being drunk but also afraid of missing out.

 

"Sometimes I'm worried if I'll ever be in love...." Jennie slips out and stares at Bretman in shock.

 

"I see." Bretman sways his hips to touch Jennie's. "All of us want love, honey." 

 

Bretman stops for a moment and looks at Jennie whiles smirking. "But none are brave enough for it."

 

Jennie does another hiccup. "Am I a bad person?"

 

Bretman spread his legs out and does the iest dance Jennie has ever seen in her life. This guy must be taking some serious dance lessons.

 

"What's bad in being a material girl living in a material world?" Bretman says. He knows about Jennie's situation. The girl is ambitious. In the end, she will only pick what's best for herself.

 

It's 2. AM and they are with a lot of people, dancing on the beach. Seems like it's time for an intimate conversation that they will probably forget in the morning.

 

"Have you ever regretted the things you did to someone close?" Bretman asks again. He is drunk. He just wants to talk. Definitely not to dig dirt on Jennie.

 

"Of course," Jennie says in a low tone. She sits on the sand while Bretman joins her for another drink. 

 

"They were sweet. And it was a good kiss.... the one that started this mess." Jennie wraps her arms around her knees and pulls them closer. She closes her eyes, imagining their first kiss.

 

~~~

 

Flashback to the beginning of 2021.

 

Jennie drove at the highest speed possible. She ignored the speeding limits or the passing cars throwing insults at her. Jennie focused on the road. Her heart beats anxiously. 

 

"Jennie, slow down, please!" Rosé squished the tissue to her nose to prevent blood from coming out. She changed like 15 pieces of tissue ever since they left home.

 

Rosé hasn't stopped bleeding from her nose for the whole night. God knows why that girl can't take care of herself.

 

"What if you have an extremely rare disease that causes none stop bleeding from the nose? What if you die? Gosh, Rosie, I can't handle this." Jennie speeds up. Their private doctor's house will be around 15 minutes from here.

 

"You are killing me. Please, Jennie, I'm scared." 

 

The blood from Rosé's nose came out more. She felt like having a headache from losing too much blood.

 

Jennie finally slowed the car down and pulled over to an exit that will lead to their doctor's house. 

 

She stopped at the front gate and practically dragged Rosé out with all her might.

 

It only took 30 minutes for the doctor to examine Rosé and finds out what was wrong with her. Turned out the girl suffer from an infected inner wound inside the upper cartilage. The doctor gave her some pain killer and a weekly scheduled appointment. It seemed that the wound came from the time Rosé fell during practice.

 

Rosé got back in Jennie's car and the older girl drove off to a secure hill that has a view of the entire city. Jennie needed to catch a break from tonight's dramatic incident.

 

Rosé is confused at how quiet Jennie has been. Sure she had a none stop nosebleed but everything is fixed. She will be good as new. 

 

The blonde softly touched Jennie's shoulder. She immediately shrugged her off.

 

"How can you injure yourself like that?" Jennie says in a low whisper. Her voice almost cracks. 

 

Rosé leans in close and wraps an arm around Jennie's shoulder. She pulls her in. They hugged each other for what felt like an eternity.

 

Jennie had no idea that she would care this much about a group member. Seeing Rosé in pain hurts her. 

 

Jennie let out a small cry. This surprised Rosé tremendously as she has never seen Jennie cry. She swiftly hugged Jennie closer to her chest. Jennie leans in and wrapped her arms tightly around Rosé.

 

"Hey, hey, don't cry." Rosé tried to ease her down. "I'm alright. Don't you see?"

 

", you are hopeless." Jennie slightly slaps Rosé in the arm and sinks her face in the softness of Rosé's sweater. She smells delicate and heavenly. 

 

Jennie gets a slight smirk on her face when she picks up Rosé's heartbeat.

 

"Your heart is beating fast." Jennie perked up and looked at Rosé in the eyes. "Am I making you nervous?"

 

Rosé blushed in the cutest way possible. Jennie leaned in and stared into her eyes. "Don't make me worry like that again, okay?"

 

"Okay." Rosé nodded while still blushing.

 

Jennie felt weird in her belly. All warm and weird. Her innocent fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter