Wildest Dreams

Wildest Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joy clutched on her suitcase, walking towards the waiting area to sit until she takes her 11 hour flight home to Korea. Sipping on the coffee she bought as she waits, she looked on the view outside and smiled. She was excited to finally be home after 5 years of being away.

 

 

'Many things sure have changed.'

 

 

Before she predicts on possible changes, her phone chimed and she smiled upon seeing the name of the caller. She accepted and immediately blast her big smile as she saw the delighted face of the person inside the screen.

 

 

"Unnie! What time will you arrive?"

 

 

"Hello to you too Yerimie. Hmm, I will arrive tomorrow around 2 in the afternoon. Who will fetch me?"

 

 

"Ah that. I will just call you once you have arrived! Anyway I'm excited to see you!! I'll drop the call

now okay? I still have class. Mwa love you, be safe!"

 

 

 

Joy rolled her eyes when she didn't get to reply back as Yeri immediately ended the call. Still, a smile plastered on her face and became more excited at the thought of finally seeing her close friends and breathing the same air with them.

 

 

She still has some minutes left to wait so she took her time scrolling through her social media. She was liking some posts as she scrolled fast but stopped at that one post that came on her screen. 

 

 

 

min9yu_k   i missed you. 

 

 

Her heart throbbed fast. She didn't inform him she was finally coming home but he may have heard it from the same friends they have. She knew he will be angry at her for that but she wasn't particularly bothered with that matter. What bothers her more was the photo he posted. She very well knew that place. It was their place, their sanctuary.

 

 

She let the screen automatically close and it was a good thing the passengers were finally told to board. She took the window seat and as she waited and looked outside, multiple past scenarios played in her mind as she let herself reminisce on her memories.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joy has been jumping around with her friends and swaying her body left and right. She let the music control her body as she gleefully laugh with the people around her. It was more than thirty minutes now and she felt her feet were tired upon moving around. She looked on her friends but no one noticed her dismay except when she successfully made eye contact with one person who laughed at her pout as he made her way fast in front of her.

 

 

"Mingoo yah, my feet hurts."

 

 

She pouted and he took her hand to walk away from the crowd and sit in front of the bar counter. She sweetly smiled on his gentleman act when he droop his jacket around her shoulders. They ordered drinks and talk as they took a glance and laugh at the acts of their drunk friends having fun with the crowd.

 

 

"Say Joy, you want to eat something?"

 

 

She laughed and stand up. "And this is our cue to leave and feed the hungry puppy." She took Mingyu's hand and exited the bar, after they wave a goodbye to their friends.

 

 

Mingyu drived along the streets to look for open restaurants but failed and so they ended up eating ramen outside the convenience store as they still laugh at their failed attempt that night. It was 2 in the morning and there was a comfortable silence inside the car as she hummed along the music that was playing. He took a glance on Joy when the red traffic light was on and reached for her hands and intertwined their fingers together, making Joy look at him.

 

 

"Hmm? You need something?"

 

 

Mingyu smiled, showing his canine teeth making Joy's heart flutter. He said, "Let's get out of this town. Drive out of the city, away from the crowds."

 

 

Joy nodded and the entire ride, they still hold hands. Occasionally stealing glances from each other and finally, Mingyu stopped the car as Joy took the surroundings around them and gasp. She went out and Mingyu followed her as she dashed in front of the railing with shining eyes. "Wow Mingoo look at the sky. It's so beautiful!"

 

 

Both of them embraced the peace away from noisy streets and nothing was more special than two figures having fast heartbeats, looking at the shining sky with their sparkly eyes.

 

 

Mingyu was behind her, locking her inside the railing with his arms around her. She met his front and nothing was said as they locked eyes at that moment. Mingyu plant a long and sweet kiss on her forehead as she closed her eyes and inhaled his sweet and calming scent.

 

 

 

 

Mingyu and Joy were together most of the time on normal, happy, and sad days. When Joy experienced her first heartbreak, Mingyu was there to be her shoulder. When Mingyu experienced an accident that left him to stay on the hospital for weeks, Joy was there everyday on his side to attend on his needs. People labeled them as soulmates as nothing comes close to their interaction with one another. They weren't lovers nor bestfriends. But even with silent words, everyone except for the two, noticed their eyes speak so much love and adoration for one another.

 

 

One stressful day, Joy was having a breakdown while doing her big project for her finals. She ignored her phone and worked all day, occasionally sipping water and focus on her work. She was so focused when she heard the doorbell indicating someone was there and when she saw saw who it was on the monitor, she immediately opened the door.

 

 

"You could have entered yourself. You know the passcode of my apartment." She groaned when the reply was a funny laugh so she slapped his arm as he stopped and caressed his stinging arm.

 

 

"Yah, I still have manners you know. I can't suddenly barge inside and I am holding some bags so I need some help on opening the door."

 

 

Mingyu dropped what he was holding as he engulfed her with a hug and Joy immediately complied. Longing for that physical affection on one of her stressful days. She tightly hug him as he caressed his hand towards her back. "There there my big baby. I bet you cried again while doing your project all day. Well, it's okay to rest for some time you know."

 

 

He glanced inside her small apartment and saw papers everywhere, with finished one cup ramen and chopstick on the side and a used glass. He immediately pulled away from her and flick her forehead. "Yah! What was that for?"

 

 

"Look at you eating only one ramen for the entire day. You also haven't taken a shower, have you? You puffy eyed woman, go inside and take a refreshing shower. I'll cook something for us."

 

 

Joy rolled her eyes but her heart warmth as he really cared for her. She felt refreshed as the water poured down on her skin. She quickly finished as she smelled the delicious meal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter