Chapter 3

I think I...

Siyeon watches Minji and the boy. She continued watching until she couldn't. Until her heart began aching. Though for Siyeon it was something unfamiliar, something she has never yet experienced in her life before. But why with Minji? Why so suddenly?

 

Siyeon shook her head getting rid of the thoughts. She feels herself getting an incoming headache, the blaring lights making it worse.

 

She prepares herself. Prepares to walk past Minji. Minji who probably won't be coming back home today either.

 

And just like that, Siyeon manages to walk past, without Minji noticing or seeing her. She doesn't look back, but hears the low chuckle of Minji. She's probably drunk, but not as drunk as her.

 

Siyeon continues walking making her way outside. Once outside, nobody was in sight. It was completely empty of people, red cups all over the front yard.

 

Maybe she should have called Jun or someone else to pick her up, but for whatever reason she doesn't. She chooses not to in the moment.

 

In the far distant Siyeon sees a familiar car. Well their car. She scoffs dryly. Her eyes going cold.

 

So Minji had been taking their car?Their car that they had both worked hard for, only for Minji to take it with her boyfriend. What else have they been doing inside the car? Siyeon doesn't give it any more thought. The urge of vomiting coming back.

 

So in the end, Siyeon ends up walking home. Also to clear her mind, her poor mind that has been racing with thoughts since she saw Minji, thoughts about the mysterious boy she has never seen or heard of before.

 

Siyeon just hoped Minji would be honest and talk to her. Even though right now she didn't even want to talk to the older girl. Much less think about her.

 

 

————

 

 

The only good thing about Friday's were the end of the weekend. Bad thing about Friday's, she still had one more day of school left.

 

The alarm rings, Siyeon lazily snoozing her alarm just as quickly as she fell asleep yesterday, technically today. Which happened to be a couple hours ago.

 

Eyes still tightly closed shut, she drops her head onto the pillow, followed by a heavy groan.

 

I really don't want to get up...

 

 

 

Siyeon did indeed get up one hour later, resulting in being late for school. Not like she really cared.

 

She lazily made her way to her first class, having still twenty minutes left until it ended. She sighs, I just have to get through the day. With that in mind, she enters.

 

 

 

By 11:00 it was already lunch time. Luckily for Siyeon, Bora would be here. Hopefully. Seeing how much the older girl drank last night, Siyeon began loosing hope. 

 

Siyeon stood in line to get food. Behind her she could hear commotion going on, maybe a fight? Knowing how many people got into fights weekly with each other in school.

 

Just as it was her turn to get her food, a familiar laugh roars through the lunch room. Siyeon immediately smiles, the lunch lady looking at her weirdly.

 

Well if it isn't—

 

"Singnie! Where are you!?"

 

Just as the voice calls for her, Siyeon runs, food in hand.

 

Bora had her back turned from her, so when Bora suddenly laughs out loud once Siyeon back hugs her. Chin resting against her shoulder.

 

She mumbles out "You're not dead." 

 

Her eyes widen in shock, "alcohol can't kill me that easily!" Bora says in a matter of factly, shuffling Siyeon's hair as she does so.

 

Siyeon just chuckles shaking her head in disbelief.

 

Letting go of the hug, Siyeon goes to their usual table while she quickly fixed her hair. Bora saying she will be back after getting her food.

 

 

 

"So Minji has a boyfriend, is what you're saying?" Both girls have been talking for the past ten minutes. Siyeon nods, taking a bite of her chicken.

 

Bora hums, brows furrowed slightly as if thinking of something. Siyeon doesn't seem to notice. To preoccupied by playing with her left over food, no longer feeling hungry.

 

"I see.." Siyeon suddenly groans, dropping her head down. Bora looks at her worriedly.

 

Before Bora could ask her if she was okay, Siyeon opens to speak, "Unnie, I can't seem to understand why I care so much." She exasperates, "like I know we have been best friends since little, but—" Siyeon doesn't know why she was so jealous after the party. Not like Bora needs to know, because not even Siyeon wants to know the exact reason.

 

Bora opens to speak, but seeing Siyeon so confused, the Lee Siyeon, the girl that was her soulmate for life. Even she thinks that not even Minji would be of any help.

 

Possibly making it worse for the both of them.

 

 

————

 

 

Finally school had ended for the week.

 

Siyeon and Bora walk together to the bus stop.

 

"Are you coming later?" Bora suddenly asks, finishing her snickers bar.

 

Siyeon looks ahead, not looking at the older girl.

 

She shrugs. Bora scoffs rolling her eyes as she does so, bumping her shoulder. Siyeon's mouth tugs into a slight grin.

 

She rolls her eyes back, "finneeee, I'll be there."

 

Bora's smile widens, "Asa! I'll see you later than!" Just when her excitement for later today erupts with energy, the bus comes.

 

Siyeon watches as Bora gets into the bus, waving goodbye when Bora sends her a flying kiss. Mouthing 'you need to get laid!'

 

Siyeon chuckles shaking her head. Bora was unbelievable. With that Siyeon ends her Friday once more. And another day of partying later tonight. But this time, there was no school tomorrow, meaning that she will most likely see Minji at the party and at home.

 

she just hopes that nothing majorly bad happens.