CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

BAKING LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyerin came out of the shower in her bathrobe, to find Taemin sitting on the floor, in his fresh shorts & tshirt, near the window leaning against the open window pane, with the pizza box beside him, as she walked to him, “Are you okay?” he asked, distracted from his gaze on the view outside, biting on his piece of pizza, as he extended it to her.

She took a bite of pizza, as he stuffed the small piece remaining in his own mouth.

“Hmm” “It’s still painful” “But it’s better than before”

He extended his hand to her & she took it, as he pulled her to sit on his lap, wrapping his arms around her. She pulled the last slice of pizza in the box, feeding him, taking a bite herself, leaning back on his chest.

“The view is more beautiful in real” he said, his gaze on the tower, lit golden, as the city lights at the lower height, looked like little stars spread below it.

“Hmm” “I never thought we would be together here someday” Hyerin had sent a few of the sunsets & sunrises appearing in that window, she had witnessed, to Taemin, when she would miss him, or if they would be texting each other at the same time.

“Oh” “You should know this” he said, suddenly startling her as he was looking around the whole room, when he finally discovered his phone on the side table, as he raised to reach it across the bed, taking a pillow with him, while coming back, to make Hyerin sit on the pillow as he sat behind her, wrapping his arm around her to hold his phone in front of them in his both hands.

Hyerin was curious now seeing a playful smile on his face again, softer than the intense one before, as she admired just watching him till he was busy searching his phone, “Here” he gestured to his screen, making her look down, as she saw herself in her apron, as she scrolled to other pictures surprised seeing herself, she realized it was ‘Soi·rée’ Mr Anthony’s cafe, as she scrolled more in curiosity now to come across her close ups then, and then there were pictures from Paris skies and streets in the following.

She turned her neck to see Taemin, “I saw you almost a year ago” “Here in Paris” his eyes crinkled at the corners showing his inner happiness.

Taemin was thinking about it again & again, now that he was with her, together, again in Paris, they were a couple now, and he was just delighted thinking back how he had his first encounter with her, and he thought they would never meet after that.

“I was here for a mv shoot”

“My hotel was near the cafe”

“I was out for a walk when I took these pictures” he bit on his lip, watching the screen of his phone, showing one of the evening-sky shots he took.

She watched his cheeks turn pink suddenly, as she was listening to him, which urged her to palm his cheek, “Why would you click my pictures?” she narrowed her eyes on him, caressing his cheek, as he looked up at her.

She needed to hear it from him, though the clicks were too obviously saying that he was attracted to her since then.

“You were too beautiful” his eyes focused on her, reading the joy, jolting in her heart, reflecting in her eyes now with his declaration,

“What was so beautiful?” she asked, a teasing spark in her eyes now, as he let out a snicker watching her, “You were making & tasting chocolate like earlier” he said smiling to himself.

Her back straightened as she turned around to face him, “That’s why” “You were by the chocolate?” her wide eyes on him, as he blinked embarrassed, not knowing what to answer in response to her direct question.

“Is it too ert for a first-sight love?” he asked, watching her, scrunching his nose, as she narrowed her gaze on him, pouting, “Was it y?” her voice suddenly turned seductive.

His expressions changed, as he touched her lips, “It was” “I almost wished I was chocolate” he confessed, as she let out a giggle, watching him, giggling again after a while, as he blushed..

“Well” “You were my chocolate today” she added, slightly biting on her lower lip, as he watched her smiling softly, “You really need to be careful with your chocolate thing” he reached her cheek, caressing it, as she found herself melting in his warm touch, “I was really gentle as it was your first time”

“That’s why I’m in pain?” she pouted.

“I’m sorry for that” he reached to kiss her forehead, making her smile.

“But you shouldn’t taste your chocolate like that in front of anyone else” his sulking face was cute, as she nodded trying to respond, but was interrupted, “No” “You shouldn’t bake in front of other men” he added extending the sulky face, as she watched him amazed, trying not to laugh.

He looked up at her, with a cute pout, making her chuckle, “Do you even know your hands can hypnotize someone if they see you baking?” he continued, as she ended up chuckling at his words.

He sighed, as she continued to stare him, “I promised to tell you everything I feel” he was like a 5 yr old kid confessing to a mother, as she nodded, watching him adorably, “I can’t lose you” he looked up into her eyes, his vulnerability reflecting unfiltered, something inside her heart moved hearing his words, as her smile started to fade.

He reached her hands to take them in his, looking at them, as he took a long breath to speak further, “I don’t know how often we are gonna meet after I go back to Seoul” “And we will hardly have a time like this anytime soon” she was fiddling with his finger to control herself from bursting into tears, as her heart was getting heavy merely by the thought of his absence.

“So maybe I need to talk to you” she nodded, listening silently.

“No matter how far I’m seeing in future, you’re part of it in every way” she was not expecting these words so soon from him, though this thought was crossing her mind often as they were away from each other, “I want you to be in my life forever if it’s my choice”

“That’s why maybe I’m having these possessive kind of thoughts a lot these days”

“Remember you said, it’s scary when you want to keep someone for longer in life”

His voice was choking as it broke when he tried to speak ahead, “I’m that scared right now”, a heavy sob left his mouth, when his head fell forward sobbing hard unable to control himself, as she moved forward to wrap her arms around him, patting his back with soft pats, as tears fell down her cheek which she was holding back until now.

“I was scared too for a while” she confessed, caressing his back, as he was shaking in her arms now, “But-?”

“Nobody sees the things oppa can see in me” “No one has ever seen the Hyerin, Taemin oppa knows” her voice shaking as she was emptying her heart, “I didn’t even knew I was capable of loving someone so much”

He was relaxing, as Hyerin relaxed too, feeling his body relax in her arms, “You bring out this part in me”

“Love was the last thing I was expecting to happen to me in my unpredictable life” her hands held him tighter as she was getting emotional thinking about her life before him, “And I love you” holding him in arms, made it hit harder, as the heavy sob she was protecting was out, “I love you so much”

“I will never be able to love someone else like this”

She pulled back from the hug, to see his face, but he grabbed her wrist, to make her turn to sit with her back to him, pulling her to his chest holding her waist, “Even if I make you cry like this?” he asked in low tone, near her ears, wrapping his arms around her waist, making her chuckle in between the sobs, as she breathed to speak, “I know you’re gonna cry with me” she turned to wipe his wet cheek, “Like this”

She relaxed back on his chest, holding his arms around her, “I know I’m not alone anymore.”

He smiled as he leaned down to kiss her forehead facing him.

They sat there watching the city for hours later, talking about the updates they had missed to give each other, till the cold wind of dawn started sending shivers to their skin, making them finally move to the bed at nearly 3:40 am.

Sleep caught their eyes immediately, when exhaustion numbed their bodies down, under the warm sheets, as they were asleep soon, cuddled into each other.

—---------------

Taemin & Hyerin decided to go on a dinner-date the next day, and explore some places around together & just enjoy their time in Paris, where they don’t have to hide or have indoor dates as before.

Hyerin wanted him to go to her favorite restaurant with her, have her favorite French course with her, go visit Mr Anthony together after that, as Sarah (one of Hyerin’s french girlfriends) was gonna drop-by too, when Hyerin told her about him being here.

Hyerin was happy.

Though the time they had was not enough, she was excited to share a very important part of her life with him. Paris was a place that gave her dreams & hopes, it was the place where she had spent the time of her immense growth as a person she was today, so the memories of that place had special importance, and after knowing how Taemin approached her after seeing her in Paris itself, it had become more special, in some way.

This evening was going to be a long-time memory for her now.

It was time to get out the outfit, Hyerin hardly considered wearing anytime soon. The outfit she had bought impulsively impressed, and of course her two girlfriends encouraged her instead of stopping as she looked stunning in it, but she never wore it again as it was kind of too fancy for her simple preference, and apparently was just a wardrobe-piece for a longtime now.

But it was a good catch to get Taemin’s reaction, so she decid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter